Author Topic: (SOLVED) Public Chat Always Open and Camera Uncontrollable  (Read 1827 times)

Offline MikeWanDo

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
(SOLVED) Public Chat Always Open and Camera Uncontrollable
« on: July 07, 2010, 03:42:17 AM »
This problem appeared one day in 0.2.0, I had been playing 0.2.0 with no major issues. However on one occasion I attempted to play only to find that my public chat was always open, and mostly eating my keystrokes (I say mostly because sometimes the enter key would apply not only to public chat but also to whatever my mouse was over). Furthermore if I managed to join a team I could not control my camera and it "freaked out" (see video for a better idea of what I mean). I had limited mouse control (left click fired my laser, but that's about it) and virtually no movement control (wasd were being eaten by public chat). This problem persists after deleting the mod folder, deleting 'My Documents/My Games/Crysis' and installing 0.3.1. It should be noted that Vanilla Crysis multiplayer has no such issues.

For a somewhat low quality video example of what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B76HNTmP7zk

Edit: Also, I have no guesses as to what happened between the game working and not working, but every time I run the game now it produces this behavior.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:35:49 PM by MWLL|Seraph »

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
Re: Public Chat Always Open and Camera Uncontrollable
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 05:51:20 PM »
That's very odd, ever need that bug before.  Have you done a full un/reinstall of crysis and the modyet ?

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 11:09:27 PM »
Or checked actionmaps incase you've put a secondary binding to a key you press often (like movement) to opening chat?

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline MikeWanDo

• Bondsman
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 03:36:57 AM »
Completely uninstalled and reinstalled crysis and the mod, problem persists.

I'm not trying to do anything special with my actionmaps, I'd be perfectly happy to have working default key bindings. I've tried using the actionmap editor in the MWLL launcher, creating a new actionmap (which should be default with all bindings correct?) and set it as active and loaded the profile. Even tried copying that to the default profile and renaming the file actionmaps.xml then using the default profile but problem still persists either way.

If it is an actionmap problem, then where is it getting this input from? I don't have a joystick at all, and while not touching anything my camera still freaks out. I do occasionally use an xbox 360 controller for other applications, but I always unplug it before playing MWLL. Is there anyway to see what keys/input MWLL thinks I'm giving it? I just can't understand it at all, it's not just that public chat is mapped to W or something, because if I touch nothing after joining, the chat still appears.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 03:44:33 AM »
Try and disable your 360 Controller during startup and see if it persist.

Thou this sounds as if something is not working with your Keyboard. You might want to remove the Keyboard and let your OS reinstall it?

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline MikeWanDo

• Bondsman
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 05:48:04 AM »
360 Controller has been completely unplugged every time; I only connect it to use with emulators or certain games, otherwise it's sitting over in a corner of my room.

I don't suspect my keyboard either. It's a plain old PS/2 keyboard, no fancy gamer buttons or anything, and no other application has any apparent misinput, even vanilla crysis works no problem with the same keyboard.

I've even checked the actionmaps.xml in my profile while the game is running, the only mapping for public chat is the y key. I have no idea what's wrong, hopefully there's some way I could start debugging this, as I'd really like to play 0.3.1

Offline Dragonlord

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-4
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 10:30:57 AM »
Does this happen with other games as well or only with MWLL?
Just throwing out ideas here really, but do you have another keyboard you could try it with and see if the problem persists?
I havent used a PS/2 keyboard in years myself, and due to the placement of my monitor relative to my computer I use a wireless keyboard.
Just thinking that maybe it could be the PS/2 connection or the contact on the computer thats got a bad connection maybe.
Could be the wire itself has an interior break that causes this problem.

This is not related to this, but the thought about the wire comes from me having a problem with the charger for my old cell phone.
The wire had to lie in a very specific posision in order to recharge my phone and any movement whatsoever, even just touching the wire, could cause it to stop charging, getting a new charger was the solution for me.
Corsair HX 850W PSU
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Socket-AM3           AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Six Core, 3,3GHZ/3,7GHz Turbo
Corsair SSD Force Series™ 3, 120GB                  Western Digital Caviar® Black 2TB
Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti 2GB PhysX "Phantom"
Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB (2x4GB)
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro                     Logitech Z906 THX Certified Speaker System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »
Unplugging the 360 Controller wont disable the driver. Click on Start > Run > msconfig, and disable the driver under services.

Have you tried remapping the chat "Y" key?

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline MikeWanDo

• Bondsman
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 01:53:55 AM »
So I was going through the control panel to uninstall anything related to my 360 controller, when I noticed that some time ago I had installed PPJoy (for wiimote classic controller use mainly). Just for kicks I removed the two joysticks I had from PPJoy, booted up MWLL and it worked perfectly. I've never had any issues with PPJoy before, and I hadn't used it in so long I forgot it was even installed.

TL;DR - If MWLL is FREAKING OUT, remove your joysticks from PPJoy (don't even have to uninstall it, just remove the joysticks).

Offline bokan

• Bondsman
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 08:55:13 AM »
I apologize for the necro, but I have this same exact problem, only I really want to use ppjoy.  Has anyone else figured out a general fix?

Offline MikeWanDo

• Bondsman
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 03:13:30 PM »
I apologize for the necro, but I have this same exact problem, only I really want to use ppjoy.  Has anyone else figured out a general fix?

Meh, the thread wasn't even a day old so I wouldn't worry about it. However, I doubt there's a known fix yet as I don't believe this was a known issue. Hopefully now that it is known that PPJoy and MWLL don't play nice, someone will look into it and see if a solution can be found, as I'm sure there are people who would want to use PPJoy, perhaps even use it with MWLL.

Until a solution is found I've posted a new topic in the Known Issues forum as that seems like the more appropriate forum now (we know what the issue is now). http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/forum/index.php/topic,9852.0.html
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:19:14 PM by MikeWanDo »

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 08:44:21 PM »
Mike can up date the thread title with 'SOLVED' in it?  Nice to see you were able to ferret it out

Offline 7.[WD]Poldi

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +27/-0
  • Col. 7th Reg. Wolfs Dragoons
    • 7th Wolf Dragoons HQ
Re: (SOLVED) Public Chat Always Open and Camera Uncontrollable
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 11:51:05 PM »
that is due to a POV error - add the following lines to your joystick.cfg and be sure to have an empty line after all.

pov_0_disable = 1
pov_1_disable = 1
pov_2_disable = 1

Offline bokan

• Bondsman
Re: (SOLVED) Public Chat Always Open and Camera Uncontrollable
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 01:09:02 AM »
That worked perfectly.  Thanks a lot!  This game is absolutely sick with x52 + CH pedals !  :D