Author Topic: 3D modeler/Programmer/Level designer  (Read 2091 times)

Offline CrazySealPup

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-0
3D modeler/Programmer/Level designer
« on: May 20, 2010, 07:43:18 AM »
Name: Andy (Harp seal, Seal, etc)
Position: 3D art, programming, or level design
Past Projects: The company I work for considered using the cryengine 2 for visualization, however we ended up going with another engine. I have video of the mod I created with shows the flash hud working and the level I worked on. (The level has probably 2 million polygons worth of models) The flash hud passes a position vector to a flowgraph object i wrote in C++ which is then used by the AI to go to some world position.
Ties to Mechwarrior: I started playing mechwarrior 2 Mercs when I was 12. Although before that I was into Earthsiege. I've played every mechwarrior/commander game since. There just isn't anything cooler than a mech.
Other commitments: I work for a small company so that does take up a lot of my time, even when I'm not "on the clock". However I believe I can help out at least a few hours a week. Screen shots posted are my model in 3ds max. Due to the sensitive nature of the level I created, I'd rather not post the screenshots in a public forum and send them via some IM client to the mod/dev considering my application.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
Re: 3D modeler/Programmer/Level designer
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 09:46:18 AM »
Great work on that Ryoken. I am sure a lead designer will contact you soon. 'Til then you can add me to your MSN: siodseraph@hotmail.com so we can have a chat.
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 05:20:05 PM »
CrazySealPup,

Very nice High detail model of the Storm Crow (aka Ryoken). Have you gone through the process of creating the low detail model and then normal mapping the high detail and then bringing the model into the Sandbox2 editor?

I am a former member of the MWLL team and I am currently creating levels compatible with the MWLL mod. Please contact me on Windows Live Messenger at aidanmw@msn.com. I would like to chat with you about your levels, if you are "at liberty" to do so.

Cheers,

Aidan  :)

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 07:28:24 PM »
I've already said I think the model looks amazing.  I hope that you do contribute to the team so we can get more stuff in the game.  It's really fantastic!
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 07:42:22 PM »
He had me at "flash hud"...

Offline CrazySealPup

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 10:46:24 PM »
All of the menus and huds in crysis are adobe flash. BTW devs, I'll get on MSN when im done with work for the day and I'm on US central time. I party a lot on the weekends, but usually just in my room haha so I'll be on MSN and try to find you guys.

Offline Toth

• Project Director
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +107/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 01:43:54 AM »
Please let me know if anyone has contacted you. If not my msn is mrkita@live.com

Offline CrazySealPup

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 10:12:43 PM »
Toth, Aidian, I added you guys to my MSN. I've been exchanging a few PMs with Landros.