Author Topic: Punching and kicking?  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Melony

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Punching and kicking?
« on: October 15, 2007, 08:53:23 PM »
Greetings everybody i'm new to the site so bear with me please but i do have a question I have been playing the board game Battletech since i was a kid there was the option of punhing and kicking but there has never been availible in ANY if the mechwarrior games on computer/consoles? that would be nice to have that in there in case all esle you can at least have the option of maybe beating your opponet to scrap if nothing else. ;D

Offline UnderTaker

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • Don't bunt. Aim out of the ballpark!
Re: Punching and kicking?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 02:59:45 AM »
Welcome to the forums Melony. I think the easiest way to answer this one , would be for you to have a look at some of the Crysis game Trailers available here http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26058.html and see if that fits the bill.

When you come to the end of all  you know, and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly!

Offline madact

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • Had enough, eh? Come back and fight, you cowards!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 05:13:25 AM »
'course, that only shows that having the infantry kicking and punching is a piece of cake. The bigger question is, will I be able to use the fist of my Atlas to pound a Jenner into the ground like a big 'ol tent peg? Go kung-fu in my Timber Wolf? Actually USE the claws on that there Kodiak? Not to mention the possibility of having a Hatchetman or Axeman in the game at some point...

Bear in mind that this is a mixed-arms game, too, and BattleMechs are supposed to be able to do some fancy footwork stomping (battle-armoured) ground-pounders, rather than merely stepping on them my accident or design while moving normally. An integral part of the BT universe, one might go so far as to say.

Another case for more controls in a 'mech. Thanks Melony ;D

Just my 2c, I'd love to see this in the game, but it could be considered scope creep by some.

Offline Criminal

• Founder Wandering Samurai
  • Upgraded Lead
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-3
    • MechWarrior: Living Legends
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 03:24:21 PM »
Hey there! Welcome to the forums. To answer your question, we've talked as a team about this for quite some time on wether or not we want this ability to be inherent in some of the mechs...the main concern was that some of the mechs are simply not able to attack like this. I can almost guarantee you that you will never in MWLL at least see a mech purposefully kick another mech. It is still up in the air about a few select mechs (namely the kodiak) having a melee type attack. IF there is going to be one it will be quite simply a punch or swipe meant to knock over or stun the opponent.

Again the ability to do this is NOT currently in the design it is however on the backburner as we test a few different concepts.