Author Topic: MW:LL Force Calculator  (Read 10101 times)

Jason dinAlt

Re: MW:LL Force Calculator
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 07:49:15 PM »
Wow... this is interesting to see to say the least.. I am currently working on a vb.net application for battle tracking.. it's one of my MANY projects. This program I'm working on uses a local database design. It has mulitple tables that you would fill out for the game in question and would be customizable to the game. That way if it changed or you wanted to use the app for multiple games, it would have the ability. Then you will be able to set up your matches by selecting the game being played from a menu and put in the opponents name. Then you have up to 10 maps that it can configure per match. In each map set up, you would select map being played, the rules used, fields for putting the limitations such as Cbill or weight limits. Then you would be able to enter your teams information player by player with their details and if available the opponents as well. It would tally up the limitation fields that you noted and compare to let you know if you exceeded the limits or not with the current configuration. It's turned into a pretty large monster and I've learning more about database implimentation in VB.net than I thought I ever would. I might have gone overboard with the whole thing, but we'll see when or if I finish it.

Yep. I use VB too... and hey, I'm learning too! ??? I challange you to a programming duel! (Actually... never mind... too much stuff to do...)

Offline ~SJ~MausGMR

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +83/-7
  • Oh snap...
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2010, 06:20:57 PM »
Well, in the absence of an updated force calculator, and some serious requirements from our members to produce a lot of drop lists at short notice recently, Xarg and Tajin have put there heads together and made a new one and uploaded it to our test website.

So, i'm going to put it forward for public use, hope you guys make as much use out of it as well will =)

Lists can be saved and sent by just copying the link, just be sure to press update when list is completed.

Enjoy

http://tajin.0sites.net/fusion/list/droplist.php
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:34:05 PM by ~SJ~MausGMR »

<Freeborn_Toad> what's a Maus?
<Razorin-Faust> It's what you get when Chuck Norris and Natasha Kerensky have a kid : Maus

The prodigal son has returned

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 06:28:03 PM »
*waves* Awesome work SmokeJag's! Much appreciate :D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:37:44 PM by (TLL)KitLightning »

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Stormin'

• 2D Contributor
  • MWLL Contributor
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
  • Web Developer
    • Lance Command
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 06:33:44 PM »
Looks good, lots of info.  Sorry I didn't get mine updated.  I have yet to find where those prices are logged, and haven't had time to go through the game and get it all manually.  :-\  Been spending my time getting LC functional, and no one else has really stepped up to provide that info.  Good news though...if things go well I might have a functional battle reporting system within the week.

Glad you guys got this up.  Thanks for sharing!

Stormin' (a.k.a. Xtrekker/Zensai @MWO)
Project Lead Developer
www.lancecommand.com

Offline ~SJ~ Tajin Nevversan

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-0
  • SteamID: Tajin
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 06:50:18 PM »
If you want I can provide you with some .csv files containing the data for our generator. So you can update yours aswell.

No idea how Xarg put all that data together in his excel files, I  think he just wrote it down.  ::)

Oh, one more thing: Adding BattleArmors to the List is not yet supported, I'm working on it. :)

Example Droplist
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:52:30 AM by Tajin »

~ SJ Droplist generator is updated and back online. ~

Offline Stormin'

• 2D Contributor
  • MWLL Contributor
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
  • Web Developer
    • Lance Command
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 07:00:43 PM »
That thing is slick!  Using Ajax calls...nice.  Haha, wish I could gank the code from you and check out the back end. :)

Yeah if you guys have the numbers in a readable format, I'll get LC updated too.  Thanks!

Stormin' (a.k.a. Xtrekker/Zensai @MWO)
Project Lead Developer
www.lancecommand.com

Offline ~SJ~ Tajin Nevversan

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-0
  • SteamID: Tajin
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 11:34:22 PM »
- Support for battlearmor added.  8)

Right now I'm simply using ingame prices so an BA with 1 SBL, 1 C3 and 1 Inferno costs 0 Cbills. No special licences or anything as of now. I could add them however, if needed.

~ SJ Droplist generator is updated and back online. ~

Offline (TLL)Sky_walker

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-1
  • Close Range Attack Forces
    • MWLL Wiki
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 10:43:03 AM »
wow... impressive :) nice work folks!
MWLL Wiki Newsletter: Wiki suffers from spammers and lack of activity - change it now, jump in and contribute with something useful! :D

Proud to be C.R.A.P. inspiration # MWLL Wiki Admin # MWLL Alpha Tester # Dev Team # MWLL Defense Force Mercenary - Battlemech Barracks

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2010, 01:24:28 AM »
A handy feature I've found, thanks to Tajin, is the layout pulldown. Pull down layout, click CBILLS, and type the negative value of your drop, ie -500000. This will give you a negative cost, handy for tracking how much you're spending on your assets for fund-limited operations.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Jason dinAlt

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 08:57:42 PM »
I'm making one in Excel, for those of you with bad internet access. Only thing is, I NEED DATA!

In case you haven't noticed, I'm having terrible problems with Crysis (only warhead works  :-\)

Offline (TLL)BlueOrb

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-0
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »
Heres a html i made with OpenOffice that has current prices and stuff. Hope theres no mistakes.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b24dfbf/n/Assets.html
Only thing is, I NEED DATA!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:44:47 PM by (TLL)BlueOrb »

“The wise man lets many things pass without being duped.”

Jason dinAlt

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2010, 10:05:51 PM »
Okay, thanks!

Getting 2 work right away

Jason dinAlt

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2010, 10:26:30 AM »
Done!

Mechs only...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Snowball

• Legends Arena Staff
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +87/-4
  • raaarrrrrrrr
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 11:38:55 AM »
Done!

Mechs only...

Jason, for the love of god, learn to edit your old posts instead of double posting in every thread.
Played MWLL for Guillermo del Toro.

Jason dinAlt

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2010, 11:40:09 AM »
Ok then, I'll edit the above.

Sorry...