Author Topic: 3D Animator looking for work.  (Read 3479 times)

Offline DaMuncha

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
3D Animator looking for work.
« on: May 16, 2010, 05:26:34 PM »
Hi my name's Reuben but you can call me DaMuncha. I've been watching out for information on Living legends since Spore was released, and am now interested in taking part in helping you with you're mod;

I Have a Diploma in 3D animation and a Degree in Game Developement at the Media Design School in New Zealand, but I have been out of work for the past 5 years (since my course finished) and have spent my time playing games and modding them over these past years. I have been trained in Maya and Photoshop and know these two programs very well.

I have been doing alot of modding for games over the years such as Oblivion (Improved Child NPC), STALKER, and Quake III. For Quake III, I made a complete overhual of Quake and made it into a game called Shards Of Destiny where I replaced every art asset in the game including the maps/weapons and characters, and changed it into my own game.

I have becme very interested lately in your Mechwarrior Living Legends mod for Crysis and I would like to offer my services to you and help in any way that I can.

I used to play Mechwarrior 3 and 4 on the MSN gaming ZONE and I have loved the mechwarrior series so far and all the lore and story that goes with it.

If you would like my assistance you can contact me on facebook where i have uploaded a few of my 3D animations:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000692022237

Failing that you can email daassmuncha@yahoo.com
or reuben_cameron@yahoo.com

Thankyou.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 05:55:41 PM by DaMuncha »

Offline Landros Radick

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
Re: 3D Animator looking for work.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 05:55:35 PM »
This is yours, correct? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcoW9RQyW-g
It looks like you work in Maya. Any experience with animating in 3DS Max?

Offline DaMuncha

• Bondsman
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 06:02:26 PM »
I have no experience animation with 3DS Max, im sorry. But I do have the latest Autodesk Suit which comes with Maya 2010 and 3DS Max 2010. Though I have not installed these, as Im getting windows 7 very soon and will install on that. I only have a 1 years licence for the Autodesk products and would rather wait untill I have Windows 7 before I activate that licence. But if all goes well I am keen to learn 3DS Max and any models made in Maya can easily be imported into Max anyway.

Money Run is a more recent animation (2009)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AWVewKLqRU

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DaMuncha
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 06:32:46 PM by DaMuncha »

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 06:10:57 PM »
Hire him !

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 09:50:11 AM »
Hey  Muncha!

Please add me to your contacts in MSN so we can have a chat : siodseraph@hotmail.com - Thanks :)
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline DaMuncha

• Bondsman
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 10:31:04 AM »
I dont have an MSN account (I was getting viruses from the fools on my contact list). I use Xfire or Yahoo Or facebook.

On Xfire I am: damuncha
On Yahoo I am: daassmuncha
On facebook I am: Reuben Cameron

Thankfully Yahoo can add MSN contacts, So I have added you to my yahoo contacts.

Offline [MPB]OM_Sannyasi

• Senior Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-1
  • Settin standards for paid MW:O employees since 08'
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 11:29:03 AM »
if you don't have an msn- then make one if you really want to contribute, this is our primary form of communications. max is what we use to do all our stuff in and if you are up to the task of modeling in max then give me a shout at 'sannyassi_73_yahoo.com'...... if you're willing to work with max then i'll give you a basic asset test to see how you can handle working with budgets and general quality, if you have rigging and anim experience that will be a huge plus. anyway, if you're serious then download msn live and add me and we will get down to business- until then and after take care mate!

I make people earn their checks ;)

Offline DaMuncha

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 02:07:56 PM »
Thankfully Yahoo can add MSN contacts, So I have added you to my yahoo contacts.

This.

Sannyasi, what is ur MSN address?

You use max, So I could make models in Maya, texture, model, etc,  and submit them in .obj so that you can open them in Max.

Unfortunately, I got a letter last week saying I have to move out of my flat by next month, So I'll be moving to another flat next weekend, which is gonna cost me $1500 all up to get moved in (2 weeks rent, fees, bond, etc). Which means I'll have to wait a while longer before I can get Windows 7. Also curently I've been speed capped (NZ Internet is a joke), so im running at 56k speed for another 2 weeks. So due to unforseen circumstances, I cant start on the project right away. But gimme ur msn address and I'll add you to my list.

k

« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 02:16:58 PM by DaMuncha »

Offline KorJax

• Level Design (Reader of Stickies)
  • MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-2
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 05:28:19 PM »
If you have a yahoo messenger account (or any other chat client account really) you can add MSN contacts to your contact list. And vice versa.

Offline DaMuncha

• Bondsman
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 03:30:18 AM »
Thats what I just said.

Offline [MPB]OM_Sannyasi

• Senior Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-1
  • Settin standards for paid MW:O employees since 08'
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 02:56:18 PM »
i thought i'd put this in last post but here it is again incase you're still interested

sannyassi_73@yahoo.com

i'll give you a basic test and then we can work from there

I make people earn their checks ;)

Offline DaMuncha

• Bondsman
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 11:13:30 AM »
I added you to my list but "add request pending" you need to accept it. either that or you could add me: daassmuncha.

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 04:24:33 PM »
You need a valid MSN contact - we are not able to add your Yahoo contact to MSN at all.
Seraph - "The Can Man"

Offline KorJax

• Level Design (Reader of Stickies)
  • MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-2
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 02:58:25 AM »
Strange I have a messenger contact (not him someone else)  that uses yahoo and it works just fine  ???

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 09:47:51 AM »
Strange I have a messenger contact (not him someone else)  that uses yahoo and it works just fine  ???

Might be my client then. Added his Yahoo address instead.
Seraph - "The Can Man"