Author Topic: A story for pytak and everyone else  (Read 3837 times)

Offline ~SJ~KorbinWimmer

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +28/-0
A story for pytak and everyone else
« on: April 29, 2010, 06:10:09 AM »
Quote from: Pytak on April 12, 2010, 09:24:51 PM
This is suggested by my friend, he asked if I could get a BA breaking into and stealing a Mech, GTA style. So, here it is :>

If you look closely on the 1st shot, you'll see there's a pilot inside covering his head. I really hope MWLL gets a single player mode, wouldn't it be cool to see some cutscenes looking like this one? ;]

Or maybe someone can think of some story about this scene, what happened before and after, and why didn't the BA just fire his weapons (perhaps he didn't want to kill the driver)? :>

Here's my feeble attempt of putting a short story to your awesome screenshot.

DISCLAMER: ( No particular time or place  just kind of winging it)
House Davion Special Operations
Planet: CLASSIFIED
Date: CLASSIFIED

"Eagle One this is Whiskey-Whiskey, come in" Lieutenant McNally whispered into his comm. He paused and glancing quickly from the wall of dense vegetation in front too his visor's his passive radar. 

"All clear," he murmured to himself.

"I repeat...Eagle One this is Whiskey-Whiskey, come in please."

McNally had been dropped onto the outskirts of a Clan Smoke Jaguar forward encampment.  His task was simple, relatively speaking.  Mark the Clanner assets with modified NARC pods fitted into his SRM launchers  for an orbital strike and get out undetected. 

His drop, eight hours previously, had gone off without a hitch.  His orbital drop pod landed some twenty clicks north of the suspected encampment, and it didn't take the Lieutenant  long to find the tracks of a reconnaissance squad of lethal Jaguar Elementals leading back to the hidden jungle base.  After nearly seven hours of observing the base from the safety of the dense jungle  McNally had timed the complicated patrol patterns to the second and fired off the two NARC pods undetected into the trees within the base. 

"Eagle One this is Whiskey-Whiskey, come in.  I am on site and standing by to confirm delivery of the package," Lieutenant McNally tried for the umpteenth time. "This is FUBAR," he grumbled to himself.

Not only had the orbital strike not come after McNally reported in from his observation point, but command still had not acknowledge his presence.  He glanced down at a giant beetle and crushed it with his grapple claw.  Its gooey innards fizzled and released a small puff of gas as the carapace crushed.

"Damnit, Ally," he instructed his power armored suits computer in annoyance, "run a comm-link analysis for me."

"Commlink, online......" the feminine voiced assured him, "running data pack analysis.... command has relayed your messages to planetary base camp."

"To camp?" McNally felt the blood drain from his face he knew instantly the Clan base somehow had a jammer over the entire region and intercepted his messages.  His mind raced, the Clanners must have been looking for him for the past hour... or had it been two hours since he reported in.... he couldn't remember.

" Oh f---," his thoughts were cut short.  The jungle roared to life. Tracer rounds stung through the  vegetation shredding it in a cacophony of horror before a massive wall of flame roared towards his hidden cove.

Instinctively McNally roared upwards his jump jets clearing him of the hell below, but  instantly revealing his exact position.  His radar lit up, two Elementals and a Madcat.  He quickly he targeted the nearest Elemental feeling his man-pack particle projection cannon hum to life coating his power-armor in a reassuring pulsation of control.   Before the hardened Clan Warrior could even raise his personal laser he erupted in a ball of ionized metal shards and blood.

His companion didn't waste a moment to hesitation however-- instinctively diving behind a massive tree while firing his weapon.  The beam of energy flew true and nailed McNally mid-roll in the air.  His suit landed hard behind a small outcrop of sandstone, saving him from another barrage of machine gun fire from the Madcat.

"Coolant system failure." Ally replied serenely as if McNally wasn't in a fight for his life, "System overheating." The miniature fusion reactor that powered his armor , jet pack, and PPC would not last long without a coolant system. 

"Manual overide!" McNally roared without thinking. The Smoke Jaguar Elemental roared overhead two SRM missiles streaking towards the Lieutenant.

McNally was quick, but not genetically engineered Elemental quick.  He had been born  and raised like every other House Davion citizen: with his family and friends... Whom he swore to avenge.  He was not a lab specimen born and bred for the specific purpose of Battle Armor combat. 

The two missiles planted themselves deep into the soft sandstone before erupting in a blast that shot McNally skyward as if he wasn't wearing 2000 pounds of armor.  McNally's inherit skill alone saved him from utter ruin.  It was this reason alone why he had made it this long the Davion Special Forces.  He felt his body reach the pinnacle of its ragdoll launch then he took command of the rapidly degrading suit and propelled his armor into the elemental overhead, taking him by surprise.  He cut his jumpjets and aimed his PPC at the Elemental blasting him into oblivion and slamming the Lieutenant violently back to the ground.

"System failure imminent," Ally alerted him.  "Myomer and core thermal collapse in 60 seconds."McNally knew damn well, he would quite literally be a burnt piece of toast before the core collapsed. 

Sweated poured off his brow and his skin blistered at every movement of the armor's rapidly overheating musculature.   The Madcat fired off another volley of machine gun fire. The rounds ravaging his external armor; one piercing into the delicate flesh of his abdomen. McNally fell to his knee as the pain blinded him for an instant.  His suit quickly flushed his body with pain-meds and filled his gaping wound with silver foam.

The 75ton Madcat ceased firing and quickly covered the distance to the Lieutenant in three graceful strides.  Its powerful arsenal trained on him.

"You fought bravely, freebirth." the Smoke Jaguar MechWarrior's  voice came in over an intercom. "For that I will make sure the interrogation is brief before they kill y------"

McNally leapt forward using the last remnant of  power his suit had left.  He raised his claw over the cockpit and brought it down in a thunderous strike.  The hardened plas-steel glass shattered as the full weight of his armor came down upon the point.  The claw ripped through the flesh of the Mechwarrior inside silencing his proud voice forever.  The Madcat slumped as the Mechwarrior's neural links were abruptly cut short.

McNally landed hard below.

"Eject." McNally whispered as his voice faded in pain.  His armor relinquished its grasp and McNally collapsed out onto the damp jungle floor.  Slick with sweat and deep red blood, he landed on his back staring at the rising mid afternoon sun. 

Two massive beams of light erupted from the heavens striking downwards towards the NARC beacons.  The massive blasts sent a cooling breeze across his blistered, milky skin.  A grin filled his face as he knew he had avenged his family; his vision slowly fading to black as dark red blood poured from his wounds ..... 

THE END!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 10:24:03 PM by Korbin »

Offline Pytak

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-0
  • Weekend Warrior
    • pytak.net
Re: A story for pytak and everyone else
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 12:01:13 PM »
I am speechless. This is the definition of epic. :)

I really hope MWLL team hires you when they need a storywriter ;]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 07:21:29 PM by Pytak »

Offline ~SJ~KorbinWimmer

• Lance Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 02:40:19 PM »
Haha, thanks man!

Offline ~SJ~Azov

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »
Freebirth scum. Leave it to them to do something so irrational and dishonorable.

good story though...felt exactly as I was reading a CBT novel.

[~Pytak@cute.fluffyfurries.com] has joined the room

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 09:02:28 PM »
Really enjoyed it!  I love "fanfics" like this.  If I ever join a unit, I have the idea to chronicle all our battle via "story" like what you just put up :3.

Offline Crashagn

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-0
    • 1stFederatedsuns
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 09:40:24 PM »
Great short story!!. Kinda miss reading all my books now.

Chanting "more more more"

Offline ~SJ~KorbinWimmer

• Lance Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 10:31:31 PM »
Yeah I used to write a lot. Almost thought it might be something I do for a living, but now I am a scientist (almost)... go figure.  This was my first step back into the arena.  If enough people enjoy it maybe I can expand upon it or write new stuff.

Offline Scruffe

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +31/-0
  • Adventure!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 04:05:37 AM »
if you guys like fanfics check out some for tremulous, they have alot.
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Offline ArmyUnit

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 08:51:28 AM »
I love how his code name is Whiskey-Whiskey!  :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 01:41:00 PM by ArmyUnit »
I greatly prefer medium mechs over anything else.

"Medium 'mechs have a good blend of firepower and speed. You don't spend a long time waiting for 2 guys to find each other here." --Duncan Fisher

Offline Because people mistake me for someone else

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-9
  • Dispenser of Hate & Justice, unlimited ammo still
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 11:02:40 AM »
AAA-Storyline, man !!!

Is exactly the feel of all those kewl mechwarrior books I read/still read xD

MOAR PLSSSS `? ? ? ?

<3 to the Devs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0976embDvhY&feature=youtu.be
*Counterstacking by OneManArmy.dll*
"Why so hateful ?" "I am, and you are too"

Offline (TLL)TheLastSnowman

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 09:07:54 AM »
This is an awesome story! More pls :D

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 09:36:29 AM »
This is an awesome story! More pls :D

PERFECT NECRO!!!! By a 'snowman', no less!!  Me happy, great story, great pacing as well.   I love short fiction, period.   ;D ;D  True art, good sir.

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline ~SJ~KorbinWimmer

• Lance Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 09:35:21 PM »
Heh, I'll see what I can do.  Really busy with university atm.   I'll browse the screenshot forum and see what inspires me!

Offline ~SJ~Azov

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 02:05:52 PM »
Heh, I'll see what I can do.  Really busy with university atm.   I'll browse the screenshot forum and see what inspires me!

Holy hell, he it's alive.

Hope on vent sometime, we would love to hear from you

[~Pytak@cute.fluffyfurries.com] has joined the room

Offline ~SJ~KorbinWimmer

• Lance Captain
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 04:03:07 PM »
Hey azov, i'll try to stop buy today after i get my work done.