Author Topic: 3D Artist/Animator  (Read 1763 times)

Offline (TLL)Ace

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • I drink tea
3D Artist/Animator
« on: April 11, 2010, 01:46:48 PM »
Name: James 'Ace' Dower
Position: 3D Artist/Animator
Past Projects:

2009 Showreel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ6xoAb86HQ

Contains examples of Modelling, Rigging and Animating
(Please bare in mind, this was almost a year ago, I've greatly improved since then)

Most recent work: Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank

I am currently in the process of rendering the textured version. This is a project for University, the tracks, turret and machine gun are rigged so I can animate it effectively.
NOTE: Despite it saying that I took one month to complete that, I was working on it off and on, as I had other work to be doing. A more accurate time would be 36 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_o115cdOY

Greyscale:

WIP Texture:

Currently working on Normal Mapping for it

Projects On-hold:

War of the Worlds Tripod:

Comparison:

Ties to Mechwarrior: Been playing Mechwarrior and Mech Commander since I was about 7, grew up playing MW2, MW3 and MW4 as well as both Mech Commander games. I've also been playing MWLL since the day it was released.
Other commitments: I'm currently in my first year at Uni, but finish in less than a month. After that, I will pretty much have the whole summer free.

I currently use Maya for everything. I will be learning Max in the future, but would prefer to learn one program at a time. I've been using Maya for nearly 2 years and have am capable of Rigging and Animation with IK/FKs, as well as high/low poly modelling. Currently, I am improving my texturing and mapping techniques.

I consider my main passion animating, although it may be a problem to do it in Maya. I have a plugin that imports files from 3DS Max, although I'm not sure how well it will work.

If you want to know more about me, add me on MSN: james_dower@hotmail.com :)

PS. I'm serious about this application and have been wanting to help develop MWLL ever since it was announced. As well as helping develop this game further, any work I do can go towards my Portfolio and Showreel, so expect nothing but my best efforts.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 03:00:23 PM by (TLL)Ace »
Quote from: Ravir
In a groundbreaking new feature, MWLL will include a new gametype: MechRockerBandHeroKersplosion.  Pilots will smash the throttle to classic 80's speed metal using custom ethernet plugin to real guitars.  PPC's will be triggered by power chords, and LRM ammo is selected by playing one of 17 distinctive hammer-on rifts.  Get a teammate elemental to hop up on your mech's shoulder and throw up the horns, and with a hot duel you can deflect enemy fire BY THE POWER OF YOUR ROCK!

Offline Rolke

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: 3D Artist/Animator
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 06:34:56 PM »
Hey Ace, thanks for applying, looks like you've got a good amount of skill.  Add me to your contacts on MSN Messenger and we will talk more on there about your skillset.  My ID is tmcquary@live.com

Offline (TLL)Ace

• Recruit
  • I drink tea
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 11:39:47 PM »
Added :)
In a groundbreaking new feature, MWLL will include a new gametype: MechRockerBandHeroKersplosion.  Pilots will smash the throttle to classic 80's speed metal using custom ethernet plugin to real guitars.  PPC's will be triggered by power chords, and LRM ammo is selected by playing one of 17 distinctive hammer-on rifts.  Get a teammate elemental to hop up on your mech's shoulder and throw up the horns, and with a hot duel you can deflect enemy fire BY THE POWER OF YOUR ROCK!

Offline (TLL)Ace

• Recruit
  • I drink tea
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 01:07:47 AM »
I'm piled up with uni work at the moment, but I will start the art test as soon as I can.