Author Topic: 'bugs' on the new 0.2.0 maps  (Read 4497 times)

Offline 7.[WD]Ragor

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +111/-3
  • Maj.7thWolf'sDragoons a.D.
    • 7th. Regiment 'eta' Wolf Dragoons
'bugs' on the new 0.2.0 maps
« on: February 26, 2010, 04:04:02 PM »
At first: I really love the new maps/layouts.

All I post here is just 'unlucky' stuff, just something to polish for perfection.  ;)
(The texture-bugs on frostbite I don't report at all, I'm sure the problem is already known)

At first: Extremity
I suppose these ugly lines you can find everywhere and I can't imagine that it shall look like that...
>> ugly lines <<

Second: Sandblasted
>>> 'hovering' stuff <<< (third pic: sorry for the damn message in the important section of the pic and I was too lazy to do it again. The rock is flying ~3/4 in the air.)
>>> missing and/or flickering textures <<< (btw: the whole rock formation looks not finished...)
>>> rocks not fitting to the rest <<<

Third: Frostbite
>>> wrong placed doors / hovering streetlight <<<
feature: >>> cornershop in Clan Bay #1 <<<  :D

Offtopic Edit:
I don't want to start an own topic for this. But the ammo-bug is still there sometimes. I can not repeat it on purpose (like before), but sometimes it just happens. The pic was taken in my lovely Thanatos on Inferno. When all weapons ran dry, I had 2 tons of free ammo, not just one like it should be and could reload 2 tons of spare ammo. BTW: I handed the Thanatos over to [MPB]OM_Sannyasi when I left the server, I suppose he can report the same.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 04:38:44 PM by Ragor »

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
Re: 'bugs' on the new 0.2.0 maps
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 06:19:32 PM »
Tickets created. Thanks for the Report.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline 7.[WD]Ragor

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +111/-3
  • Maj.7thWolf'sDragoons a.D.
    • 7th. Regiment 'eta' Wolf Dragoons
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 01:30:04 PM »

Offline UncleThomy

• Apprentice Dev
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +23/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 08:49:49 PM »
did not see it posted before -
on extremity there is a little piece of terrain in the Mechhangar (did not know which team - was on the lower right side) in Hangar no1 and it almost flips over any tank. Not severe - because i did not flip - but not nice either.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 09:54:02 PM »
Extremity is NOT an official MWLL Map, so the Devs probably won't be doing anything about that for some time.
Namely, untill they make Salvatoris a Map Dev too.
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 09:54:40 PM »
Extremity is NOT an official MWLL Map, so the Devs probably won't be doing anything about that for some time.
Namely, untill they make Salvatoris a Map Dev too.

Extremity? It is. Been featured in our posts, remember? :D
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline CHHš Myria

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 01:27:51 AM »
On Frostbite I've additionally found what looks like some unfinished modeling that was duplicated and raised over itself a few times, seems like it was left untextured and someone must have forgotten about it and left it out there.  ???

The screenshot includes my map open so the location of the problem can easily be pinpointed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Belonging, is the greatest thing there ever is."

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 10:17:57 AM »
That's in the middle of the map.. how has this not been reported before lol....  ???

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 07:25:08 PM »
At first: Extremity
I suppose these ugly lines you can find everywhere and I can't imagine that it shall look like that...
>> ugly lines <<

It is my understanding these "ugly lines" as you call them may be due to the addition of a new Parallax Occlusion Mapping (POM) filter being used by the MWLL Dev team. This new filter, reportedly, is more efficient than the one included with the Crysis game. I too see these "ugly lines" and I am wondering if this is due to my current video card setup. Please see my signature below for my GPU.

Within the Sandbox 2 editor, I can remove these lines by setting the cvar:

r_usepom = 0

I wonder if NVIDIA GPU users see these "ugly lines" also.

:-\

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 08:31:52 PM »
In the Extremity hangars, I sometimes see some strange spiky object protruding through the ceiling in bay 1. You probably know this already though. (screen 1)
On Extremity, there this this strange translucent square (left of crosshair on screen 2)
Inferno, strange textures here (screen 3)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:50:52 PM by HAARP »
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 08:51:53 PM »
The top screenie is just some terrain clipping down through the Hangar model. No biggie. I am sure it will be cleaned up.

The second screen shot looks like a hole in the terrain. This too can be cleaned up in a second.

These are small issues that should be resolved in the final QC review before release.

Thanks for picking up these slight oversights.

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 11:54:55 PM »
In the Extremity hangars, I sometimes see some strange spiky object protruding through the ceiling in bay 1.

*DUPLICATE* : http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/forum/index.php/topic,7923.0.html

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 08:32:20 AM »
That 'weird square' on Extremity is a hole in the map I've already reported ages ago.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
Thanks Xarg!

On Extremity, there this this strange translucent square (left of crosshair on screen 2)

*DUPLICATE* http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/forum/index.php/topic,8168.0.html

Offline RepleX-TA

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
  • Inner Sphere Mercenary
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 10:59:11 PM »
Clearcut and Marshes have some overloading areas.

Here (on clan base)

And somewhere here (at left side of dropship), btw in 0.1 beta all Marshes was the hardest map for me x_x
Thanks to Devs - now only one overloading area left.

Playing there or just when I got this areas on my screen, my FPS goes down to ~3-5 which make game totally non-playable.
I understand, that this whole game created for mighty PCs, but it will be great to fix this areas.  :)