Author Topic: Aero Combat Vids please  (Read 11504 times)

Offline Arghy

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-4
Re: Aero Combat Vids please
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 05:07:38 AM »
Spent an hour on a land game trying to master the flight controls and gotta say its fapping impossible with a mouse.

Offline Spyro

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-3
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 07:26:28 AM »
so couldnt really capture this one on video, but it makes for a great story. I hop into my sulla B and im flying around Clearcut, taking out mechs and whatnot. Then, one of my opponents respawn and grab the sulla A and come for me. Well i have no way of fighting this so i do my best to evade fire and try to make it back to base. As i dove into a valley and began the climb out i noticed the enemy sulla had now closed in on me and was less than 300m away. So, in hoping to put the fighter in front of me, i shut my engines down and start falling. Then BOOM! I get a kill and only the cockpit remains of my plane. The enemy fighter had slammed into the back of me, giving me the kill and leaving me to eject and renter the fight. When in a sulla everything is a weapon.

known bug

Offline wonderboy2402

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • Callsign Raghnall
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 07:43:30 AM »
Spent an hour on a land game trying to master the flight controls and gotta say its fapping impossible with a mouse.

Not everyone is cut out to fly.  It took me a few days to get it down and learn the in and outs of flying.

It is definitely not impossible to get good at flying with a mouse a keyboard.

Offline Ninjars

• Recruit
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 01:53:23 PM »
I fly with a mouse just fine, thank you very much!  Wasn't particularly difficult to pick up :/

Offline Karuik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-1
  • Put some tits on it.
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 05:37:33 PM »
^^^this^^^

Offline Chiamech

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • where can I put a sawsall on my Mech?
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 05:52:14 PM »
was ^^^this^^^ supposed to be a video link possibly?

Offline Askis

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-5
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 06:02:55 PM »
Nope, he simply didn't want to quote this:
I fly with a mouse just fine, thank you very much!  Wasn't particularly difficult to pick up :/

I agree btw ;) I'm not the best flyboy around, but I can take out most Bomber Variants just fine in the Sulla Prime.
Unless it's laggy >_>

Offline Arghy

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-4
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 08:43:46 PM »
I practiced trying to get something under the reticule and it was impossible, the reticule would bounce all over even in a dive. I was forced to constantly compensate which led to more bouncing, maybe when i can change the config then i'll be able to try the tribes 2 method of all mouse but i've played alot of games and usually get the air controls down and i have to say no matter how much time i spent i cant get these controls.

Offline wonderboy2402

• MechWarrior
  • Callsign Raghnall
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 12:35:10 AM »
I practiced trying to get something under the reticule and it was impossible, the reticule would bounce all over even in a dive. I was forced to constantly compensate which led to more bouncing, maybe when i can change the config then i'll be able to try the tribes 2 method of all mouse but i've played alot of games and usually get the air controls down and i have to say no matter how much time i spent i cant get these controls.

Make sure you use your rudder controls (A, D) while in flight to help adjust your cursor. 
Use your rudder also in conjuction with your normal mouse turn to improve your turn speed.
Make good use of lowering your throttle / airspeed to give more time to shoot a target.

You juggle ALOT of stuff when flying (Radar/passive, firebomb drops, enemy air and ground units, terrain, airspeed) , more then piloting a mech or ground unit.  I crash often enough, but I'm pretty good now compared to a week or two ago. 

I usually don't top kill boards as a aerospace unit, but as a 'sandbox' FPS it is what YOU enjoy doing the most in the game.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 06:17:16 AM »
... i secretly hate that aeros are in this mod... it spend so much time flying now (cause i love it) that i think i've gotten worse with mech  :o

Offline hitotsu

• Recruit
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 05:39:49 AM »
That's nothing. I once shot an entire 2 minutes at an aero or VTOL on clearcut because nobody else was doing it . . no, i did not get him in the end . . he used warpspeed to perform a picard maneuvre on me <.<

Ilu

ps: you should have hung above a planets poles to hide your self from sensors
-- Signature image way too large, please use a smaller image. --

Offline LoKiPP

• Bondsman
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 06:56:24 AM »

Offline Hangman

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 12:10:15 PM »
Aeros can fly underwater or why didnt it blow up?

Offline boars

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 02:56:44 PM »
Aeros can fly underwater or why didnt it blow up?

As soon as someone goes to hop into that aero... it will explode.  :-\

Aeros seem/ed to land in water fine if you ejected over a lake and let it "crash land"... getting back in resulted in instant death tho.  ;D

Offline Spyro

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-3
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 06:37:54 PM »

thats also a known bug...unless its been fixed I can actually land in the water without it blowing up and take off again...however its quite risky as its a little random as to the success and takes a large amount of skill