Author Topic: What's the best way to take high quality screenshots?  (Read 2612 times)

Offline djsatane

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • CUiH
    • DJSatane's steam profile
What's the best way to take high quality screenshots?
« on: January 03, 2010, 11:47:47 AM »
Unfortunately due to how Crysis works when I join any of the mwll servers all the e_screenshot commands are locked to 0 and defaults and I cannot take high resolution pictures using e_screenshot 1 command. Using the normal F12 button is not really an option since that takes quite awful compression/quality jpg pictures. I can only use e_screenshot when I run my own listen server and again that doesnt really help....as I wanted to be able to take some nice screenshots while spectating battles on the popular 32 man servers.

I assume you guys use some 3rd party programs to take screenshots then?

Offline Criminal

• Founder Wandering Samurai
  • Upgraded Lead
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-3
    • MechWarrior: Living Legends
Re: What's the best way to take high quality screenshots?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 02:33:31 PM »
I typically end up using snagit or Fraps.

You can indeed use the e_screenshot 1 command....you just have to make sure you first do con_restricted="0" otherwise it wont work.

Offline djsatane

• Bondsman
  • CUiH
    • DJSatane's steam profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 07:51:29 AM »

You can indeed use the e_screenshot 1 command....you just have to make sure you first do con_restricted="0" otherwise it wont work.

Hmmm, ok I have con_restricted="0" in my autoexec.cfg under Crysis and I know it works because I verified it in console after launching the game. I have these settings in my autoexec.cfg as well:

Code: [Select]
e_screenshot=1
e_screenshot_file_format=jpg
e_screenshot_quality=100
e_screenshot_width=1680
e_screenshot_height=1050

bind f11 e_screenshot 1

If I host my own server (listen) then yes I can use e_screenshot 1 and it works, however as soon as I join any of the dedicated servers in gamespy lobby the command e_screenshot is locked to 0 and I cannot use it.

Offline Glycerin

• Bondsman
  • No.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 03:38:11 PM »

Hmmm, ok I have con_restricted="0" in my autoexec.cfg under Crysis and I know it works because I verified it in console after launching the game. I have these settings in my autoexec.cfg as well:

Code: [Select]
e_screenshot=1
e_screenshot_file_format=jpg
e_screenshot_quality=100
e_screenshot_width=1680
e_screenshot_height=1050

bind f11 e_screenshot 1

If I host my own server (listen) then yes I can use e_screenshot 1 and it works, however as soon as I join any of the dedicated servers in gamespy lobby the command e_screenshot is locked to 0 and I cannot use it.

quick questions and a bump:

1:  does this code still work for crysis wars?  if so, do i put the code in the wars autoexec or in the mwll autoexec?

2:  what about the con restricted command.

3:  what other methods are you using for screenshot capture?

im looking into taking SS of all the weapons and mech varients, to see how big of a project this would be.  info would be posted on the wiki.

thx guys
Specs:  2500k, 8GB ram, 120GB SSD w/ Win7x64, 640GB HDD for the rest, 2x HD6970 in CF, T260HD    LCD @ 1920x1200, Logitech G15, mx518, Wingman Extreme Digital 3D.

Offline JLZ

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-6
  • m e l e r s k i
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
I press "print" then paste to MS-paint, save as bmp. Switching back and forth with alt+tab.

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 05:05:42 PM »
I press "print" then paste to MS-paint, save as bmp. Switching back and forth with alt+tab.

ouch
FRAPs, I am telling you.

Offline Glycerin

• Bondsman
  • No.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 07:22:57 PM »

lol thx....  i think.........

and i already have fraps.  so thanks!  (but a sincere thanks)
Specs:  2500k, 8GB ram, 120GB SSD w/ Win7x64, 640GB HDD for the rest, 2x HD6970 in CF, T260HD    LCD @ 1920x1200, Logitech G15, mx518, Wingman Extreme Digital 3D.