Author Topic: Game Controls  (Read 12071 times)

Offline xKamikazex

• Creative Director
  • Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
  • Don't lose your head over MWLL
    • Mech Warrior Living Legends
Re: Game Controls
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007, 07:07:07 PM »
Ummm....i didnt mention that i have a track IR system?

See!! I knew it! I hate you Shotglass :D

I do have TrackIR and im a mech nerd,if u need help with testing TrackIR i would be more then happy to help.

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb154/GB_Tarkus/

Now that's pimp! As Crim said, we gotta get you in on the QA Team for MWLL for "Realistic" mech action 8).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 07:08:50 PM by xKamikazex »

Offline Shotglass

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2007, 07:11:39 PM »
Ya i think im gonna get him to draw me up those plans so i can build me one of those :D

Kzinistzerg

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2007, 06:25:49 PM »
All I have to say is- MAKE IT PEDAL COMPATIBLE. Add in compatibility for as many different types of controls as possible! pedals, duel joystticks, k&M.... hell, for that matter, pleaseplease allow your mouse to use all 10 or eleven buttons mice now pack, plus tip/scroll wheels. Allow use of tablets as well.

No, but pedals are freakin awesome.
Oh man, i never even thought about pedals tbh. Not sure if they are supported with crysis or not....jeez well i take it you have pedals right KZ? Cause if you do than we can test it cause i really dont know anyone else on the team with pedals.

Offline micromikko

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2007, 09:33:43 PM »
I'm glad that the joystick will be supported, but kind of worried about balance issues. As you might know, keyboard & mouse players have quite a significant advantage over joystickers.

Just imagine (even though I despise the game...) two people playing counter-strike, one with k&m and the other with a joystick (and throttle.. or what ever) The k&m would just dance on the smoking remains of the joysticker!
(or just idiotically jump about and shoot wildly in every direction)

And yeah I realise that it's not a very good comparison, but you get the point. People playing with the joystick shouldn't be "punished" for wanting a more "realistic" feel to the game. I can't really come up with any really good solutions though... If the game sports slowly turning chassis' (not like slow, but... you know, 60 deg turn in 1 sec etc, depending on the mech) it won't be such a big problem. I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to say here, but I hope that you guys do, and try to come up with something. Could some sort of handicap settings be made?

And a little off-topic... can the mechs fall on their noses (or their ass) if being battered with some crazy fire, or maybe if doing a very tight turn while running at high speeds?
E=mc² < MCG

Offline xKamikazex

• Creative Director
  • Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
  • Don't lose your head over MWLL
    • Mech Warrior Living Legends
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2007, 09:56:58 PM »
If the game sports slowly turning chassis' (not like slow, but... you know, 60 deg turn in 1 sec etc, depending on the mech) it won't be such a big problem. I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to say here, but I hope that you guys do, and try to come up with something. Could some sort of handicap settings be made?

You basicly said it right there. Mechs won't have a Torso twist that's light speed capable like Infantry, so matching the torso twist speed between both controls will be the same. Personally, I do see that Mouse aimers have a better time at aiming vs Joystick players, but that's all based on Player skill. I've met alot of excellent Mech pilots who use Joystick and have the same accuracy as people with M&K. A valid argument, but I don't think a handicap is necessary.

And a little off-topic... can the mechs fall on their noses (or their ass) if being battered with some crazy fire, or maybe if doing a very tight turn while running at high speeds?

Yes most definitely this will be in. You can image what 2 UAC20s will to do a Medium Mech and you'll see this in MWLL :).

Turning tightly at high speed may or may not be in there. This depends of how much we can code in and animate for the Mechs.

Offline micromikko

• Bondsman
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2007, 10:35:08 PM »
Yeah you're probably right. I trust you know better what's more fitting for the game since you're creating it :P
Maybe I'll just have to hone my joysticking skills then  ;)
E=mc² < MCG

Offline lkavadas

• Recruit
  • L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace.
    • SWG EMU
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 10:18:16 PM »
I pwned hardcore in Mw4: Mercs with my Saitek X45.  In fact, I often led the scoreboard on NBT-Sunder (the missions only NBT server) with a pure level 1 tech Urbie.  If I was in a Hunchie I kicked ass.  Or an AC-2 Hellspawn that I used as a makeshift Blackjack.

I'll take my Saiteks over K&M any day of the week.
Davion Heavy Guards
New Avalon, Crucis March, Federated Suns

Offline Melony

• Bondsman
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2007, 01:39:27 PM »
i'm fairly certain this needs no intorduction but just in case you are not familiar with this it is a a hugely under utilzed controller for one game steel battlions on the xbox and yes ther are drivers out there that all it to work under windows but the question i have is hard would be to gwt it to work on MWLL?

Offline Landros Radick

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2007, 02:53:39 PM »
It's not so much a question of getting it to work at this moment...

It's whether one of us on the team has it or can get it without shelling out too much for it.. while it is a very cool joystick setup what with three pedals and all.. I don't think enough people have them that it would be worthwhile.. But I could be wrong and the whole community could have it but collecting dust in their closets waiting to get used...

Offline thezeus18

• MechWarrior
  • The Counterattack Begins.
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 08:27:31 PM »
I would buy that if I could play MW:LL on it, even if it were 100 bucks.

Offline Shotglass

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2007, 03:59:44 AM »
:ponders buying the controller he doesnt have yet.......

Offline Criminal

• Founder Wandering Samurai
  • Upgraded Lead
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-3
    • MechWarrior: Living Legends
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2007, 09:11:48 PM »
LOL! The steel Battalion controller is by far the COOLEST controller on the market. I only used it once at the store but I wonder if it would even have some sort of USB adapter to gear into a computer...Even if you could jerry rig it (no pun intended shotglass) I have no idea what sort of drivers you'd have to write to get all the signals to convert correctly. Hell if someone on the team or even on the forum has one let us know and MAYBE we can take a day or two to see what we can do...if no one has one...then who cares ;)

Offline thezeus18

• MechWarrior
  • The Counterattack Begins.
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2007, 09:22:25 PM »
If you can mickey-mouse a wii controller to work with a pc, I'm sure you can do the same for that monster.

Offline Criminal

• Founder Wandering Samurai
  • Upgraded Lead
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-3
    • MechWarrior: Living Legends
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2007, 01:39:54 PM »
haha Speaking of that, and interesting project i came across being made by one of the admins over at Crymod.

Check this out.

Wiisis!

http://www.crymod.com/moddbmods.php?id=122

Offline AoP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +53/-2
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2007, 04:27:19 PM »
haha Speaking of that, and interesting project i came across being made by one of the admins over at Crymod.

Fairly sure that's what he was talking about. I read about that project earlier this week already on crysisnews.de