Author Topic: Bondsmen  (Read 2528 times)

Offline KiloEcho

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • aka FreebirthScum
Bondsmen
« on: December 24, 2008, 10:36:55 PM »
Does anyone know Jade Falcon's official stance on accepting bondsmen, particularly freebirths, into their warrior caste?

On a similar subject, I know that Wolf (Warden) is pretty accepting and Smoke Jaguar is adamantly opposed.  Would anyone know how  Ghost Bear, Wolf (crusader), Nova Cat, Hell's Horses, and Snow Raven align?

Believing in a political party is not a sign of a person's intelligence, just his willingness to be led about by the nose.
Individual conviction and decisive actions are the signs of true intelligence.

~Admiral James McKenna.  September 15, 2313

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
Re: Bondsmen
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 11:50:42 PM »
Nova and Ghost are pretty open.
Crusader wolves are pretty much against it.
Hell's Horses are plain bonkers and who knows how they will act 5 minutes from now?
Snow Raven. What does anybody really know about them?
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Diablo48

• Lance Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 05:13:56 AM »
I have info on Clan Snow Raven from the Chaos March page on Clan Snow Raven.

The Snow Ravens take Bondsmen from other Clans but most wear the Bondcord for many years before being accepted. Very few warriors are ever adopted into the Clan, and those few that are find themselves banned from rising above the rank of Star Colonel. The Snow Raven distrust of outsiders means those taken as bondsmen often have difficulty integrating.

This is just speculation, but they might be more acceptance of Clan Ghost Bear MechWarriors because of the strong alliance between the clans, but by the same token that would be a rather unlikely scenario unless there was an intentionally thrown trial to follow tradition in some deal where a trial was unavoidable.

Offline Gremlich

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +42/-1
    • Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 07:01:45 AM »
be like a Blood Spirit and just kill yourself instead.....
“Fail to honor people, they fail to honor you; but of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aims fulfilled, they will all say, 'We did this ourselves.'” -- Lao Tzu

Offline Diablo48

• Lance Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 05:00:03 AM »
I was just reading your latest campaign parts, and I realized that Clan Jade Falcon had not come up yet here, so I checked it on Chaos March for you and found this:

The Falcons frequently take bondsmen. Though a bondsman is often harshly treated while wearing the bondcord, little stigma is attached to those accepted into the Clan. The sole exceptions are Fire Mandrill warriors taken as isorla during the recent Harvest Trials, largely because they have refused to integrate with the Falcons, a situation that leaves the proud Falcons completely mystified.

It looks like you should have no problem with passing in an IS Mechwarrior, provided she is good, although based on this information you should probably have her get pushed around and made fun of some along the way.

Offline KiloEcho

• MechWarrior
  • aka FreebirthScum
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 08:51:20 PM »
Chaos March huh.  To think I was using Sarna all this time...

Thanks for the site and the info, I'll defenitely put it to good use.

As for good, well, Linda is more brave than good, since she didn't do the best in the Academy.  Also, the Falcon's mistook the Militia being abandoned on Mahone as courage, so that helped them a bit.

Believing in a political party is not a sign of a person's intelligence, just his willingness to be led about by the nose.

Offline Diablo48

• Lance Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 06:42:58 AM »
Chaos March huh.  To think I was using Sarna all this time...

Thanks for the site and the info, I'll defenitely put it to good use.

No problem, I'm glad I could help.

As for good, well, Linda is more brave than good, since she didn't do the best in the Academy.  Also, the Falcon's mistook the Militia being abandoned on Mahone as courage, so that helped them a bit.

Maybe, but she needs to be written as a good pilot because otherwise she will either fail when compared with the Clan warriors or it will seem like her backstory is bullshit.  To cover this, I would recommend saying that she was a good pilot, but had other issues like a poor tactical sense or trouble with superiors that cost her in the academy.  You could also tie in her political views there if it could create conflict with the instructors or administrators in the academy.

Also, on another subject, the link in your sig died.

Offline Kneesmoke

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 02:25:06 AM »
My mind must be in the gutter, but writing about bondage of a girl seems kinda kinky.

sorry

Offline KiloEcho

• MechWarrior
  • aka FreebirthScum
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 07:35:37 PM »
My mind must be in the gutter, but writing about bondage of a girl seems kinda kinky.

sorry

Thanks a lot!  Now I have to move Judith Faber from my list of Kick-Ass Characters to my list of Characters to be Pitied.

Maybe, but she needs to be written as a good pilot because otherwise she will either fail when compared with the Clan warriors or it will seem like her backstory is bullshit.  To cover this, I would recommend saying that she was a good pilot, but had other issues like a poor tactical sense or trouble with superiors that cost her in the academy.  You could also tie in her political views there if it could create conflict with the instructors or administrators in the academy.

Also, on another subject, the link in your sig died.

Yeah.  Discovered I could reorganize my Photobucket account.  I'll fix it later.

Rethought about Linda's past, and I'm thinking now she's a bit unorthodox and tactically hesitant, thus earning her low marks.  Still I can't see her as an elite pilot (yet), but she'd probably be ranked a solid Regular.  And Katrina hadn't split from the Federated Commonwealth when she went to the academy, but maybe she pissed off an old Davion pundit?  I've still to finalize, but it'll be something like that.