Author Topic: Other Clan VTOLs?  (Read 2324 times)

Offline xKamikazex

• Creative Director
  • Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
  • Don't lose your head over MWLL
    • Mech Warrior Living Legends
Other Clan VTOLs?
« on: September 08, 2008, 08:07:10 PM »
I was looking through the Battletech source books and TROs and I am wondering if there are any other confirmed Clan VTOLs other than just the Donar and Anhur? Preferably an Attack VTOL, but Transport is fine too... Anyone know?

Offline Hellfire

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: Other Clan VTOLs?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:59:20 AM »
:Checks Megamek: That's all of the Clan designed VTOLs, but fortunately the Clans have access to Star League vehicles.

A quick check here shows that the Goliath Scorpions have the Ripper (if you use the Star League [hell anything old except a few of the old warships] vehicles in the game for the love of god use the new art, if available) on their Random Assignment Table.

[10]  Ripper
[25]  Nightshade
[30]  Cobra Transport VTOL
[30]  Cyrano

Offline Masakari

• I wont forgot to brung it next time :downs:
  • MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +35/-1
  • Better safe than sorry.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 02:30:00 AM »
Ew, those are ugly.

How i play this is it just for making it or playing and making it

Sherrell's legs...

Offline Tiger842

• Lance Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 03:16:47 AM »
LOL those are really boring designs...

Offline Hellfire

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 11:23:38 PM »
Ew, those are ugly.
That's the old ass art from the 80's. What do you expect? I'm pretty sure at least some of them have been redone in the newer TROs. A quick google shows the Cobra Transport Helicopter in TRO 3075
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:29:43 PM by Hellfire »

Offline Landros Radick

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 10:06:54 PM »
We could effectively just reconfigure the current ones to give more stock options. Such as the Donar, instead of carrying twin SRM6's and a Large Laser, it could be reconfigured to a variant that carries a single LRM10 and Four Medium Lasers and ECM with more speed and less armor.

I suppose it's a question to the community on whether or not we would be crucified if we created new variants or "crossovers" to bulk up the Clan and IS VTOL arsenal that are not canon..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 10:25:16 PM by Landros Radick »

Offline Hellfire

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 09:51:50 PM »
We could effectively just reconfigure the current ones to give more stock options. Such as the Donar, instead of carrying twin SRM6's and a Large Laser, it could be reconfigured to a variant that carries a single LRM10 and Four Medium Lasers and ECM with more speed and less armor.

I suppose it's a question to the community on whether or not we would be crucified if we created new variants or "crossovers" to bulk up the Clan and IS VTOL arsenal that are not canon..
I'd actually like the Clans to have bad VTOLs. The Clans by and large don't give a damn about vehicles, especially not VTOLS. Reflecting that in the game wouldn't be a bad thing.

As for the Inner Sphere I think they have plenty of VTOLs.