Public Discussion > Tech Forum

Automapping

(1/1)

ecued:
Hello everybody. The good news is I have successfuly installed the game, the problem now is automapping. I am not good at this type of thing even though it seems straight forward enough. I use xpadder to convert gamepad commands into keystrokes. Some in game commands , such as strafe right/left will not allow me to assign it to the left stick x axis. I was reading where you can go into the auto mapper and assign axis control. when I try this using 

(original command)
<action name="v_turnleft" onPress="1" onRelease="1" retriggerable="1">
   <key name="a"/>

(new command)
<action name="v_turnleft" onPress="1" onRelease="1" retriggerable="1">
   <key name="joyaxis_x"/>

It applies the command but only seems to go right and sends the command even with out touching the left analog stick. I'm sure I am doing something wrong but I don't have enough knowledge to put in in the correct format I guess. Maybe what I want to do is not possible, either way any help would be much appreciated. thanks

Thunderbird:
did you try just using the keymapper in the launcher?
it has some gamepad support

ecued:
yes I did Thunderbird, no go there. I think it's just a matter of scripting iy right, just not sure how.

P.S. is this posting verification system really necessary? Whats the answer to "Solaris": ?

cest73:
hi,
welcome to MW:LL :)

i can't be sure but you might need an alternative action mapper configuration to compare to?

see around here lure few that seem time-tested?

also: assignment of an move to the x axis would mean from 0 to 255,
i would seek asign an pair of moves to an axis, so the mid point (128) is action neutral?

my 2c

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version