Author Topic: Can't log in to play!! Gamespy or something else the problem?  (Read 6374 times)

Offline Colonel Crayton

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • Composer of film/cinematic music; budding polyglot
    • This Can Be Pronounced
I installed Crysis Wars (only) and patched with the 1.5 patch.

installed MWLL, but I stopped at the reminder to set up Crysis Wars multiplayer.

IF i had a Gamespy account, I already tried the passwords I would have used (I have a system and know all my passwords). I also tried the forgot password. Nothing happens; can't log in, says incorrect ID or password, and it says no email was sent to me.

I tried making a new one, and it keeps saying invalid ID or password. I've tried usnermaes Sp3ctre18, Colonel_Crayton, and ColCrayton

Did all this with firewall off.

Did a little Googling and saw that Gamespy is down? Unsupported? Discontinued?

Yet I see nothing regarding MWLL to address this.

What should I do?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:33:54 AM by Colonel Crayton »
Composer of primarily film/cinematic music, with influences from around the world.

This Can Be Pronounced is a project I recently started to help promote and support the study of languages and culture for free. A Facebook page shares helpful and motivational videos, articles, etc., usually from actual polygots; and a website contains language resources and a blog. It will also contain lessons, study tools, media reviews, and more.

My slowly-growing YouTube channel contains videos on both the music and language projects.

Creating an original scifi universe. Working on and seeking talent for history, culture, concept art, etc.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
Re: Can't use Gamespy or is something else the problem?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »
There's some things going on with Gamespy, however it shouldn't stop you from creating an account and logging in.

http://login.gamespy.com/

Login in that website first with your email and password you defined for your account, to see if you have any created profiles. If you do, login in Crysis Wars with that profile name and the password you used to login in the gamespy website.

If it didn't created any account for you, do it in that website I said.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Colonel Crayton

• Bondsman
    • This Can Be Pronounced
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 10:06:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply, good to hear this should be possible, haha.

I guess that narrows it down to gamespy issue. I tried everything. Whether it's in game or on the website link you gave me, I can't log in, and can't create a new account, the website telling me the account does already exist.

IGN support does show they may be having log in issues...it's been there for a few days though.

I've sent in a support ticket. Maybe I'll try a call to EA tech support if they have any ideas, but games aren't my priority right now, I'll probably wait for the support ticket.

thanks again for the help.
Composer of primarily film/cinematic music, with influences from around the world.

This Can Be Pronounced is a project I recently started to help promote and support the study of languages and culture for free. A Facebook page shares helpful and motivational videos, articles, etc., usually from actual polygots; and a website contains language resources and a blog. It will also contain lessons, study tools, media reviews, and more.

My slowly-growing YouTube channel contains videos on both the music and language projects.

Creating an original scifi universe. Working on and seeking talent for history, culture, concept art, etc.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 11:53:31 PM »
You tried the password recovery here? https://login.gamespy.com/lostpassword.aspx
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Colonel Crayton

• Bondsman
    • This Can Be Pronounced
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 12:05:29 AM »
yep, and nothing comes in the mail, or spam, or whatever.

Offline Colonel Crayton

• Bondsman
    • This Can Be Pronounced
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 12:33:21 AM »
Alright guys, I finally an update and reason to come back to you guys:

So it's been a huge difficult mess that I even set aside after a while, because enough companies are involved to make my head spin and frustrate me. I can deal with the frustration, but not when it's for a game and I've got better things to do.

Basically, EA was the only support team I could reach so I discussed this and analyzed this at length with them. It's a known problem that has only seen more occurrences recently as people go back to play the old games to move up to Crysis 3. They gave me a free download of Crysis 3 for my trouble and sent my issue to some expert who'd eventually contact me as they research the issue.

Well I got a response back
, and it's a bit disappointing - whether because he's wrong, or simply that it still doesn't help me. The person contacting me seems to simply be making the conclusion that since gamespy has been closing servers and ending support for certain games, Crysis was included. I get the impression he things multiplayer on Crysis Wars is currently impossible. Sure, that can make sense, but not the log-in issue.

Does this make sense for anyone? I see NOTHING unusual in the instructions for playing MWLL, and it simply says to log in with your gamespy ID, and I see people here saying they're still playing MWLL. Are all new players going to Gamespy to make an account to play MWLL??? I even made a 2nd gamespy account and it won't work either!

So what should I do? I'm already telling the EA guy that, hello, MWLL is going on, but what other info can you guys tell me? Either to pass on to support, or to help me, if there's something else I can do. Do you guys really log in with Gamespy IDs? Is there something I'm not understanding about how logging into MWLL works and what I should be looking at??

Will I ever get to play MWLL?  :'(

I may just go back and reinstall it all over again just in case there was a problem in patching. I doubt version mismatch is the cause (I would HOPE MWLL programmers coded for a notice to come up if that's the case), but I don't know what else to do in the meantime. Sure, I'm playing MWO, but I never go to do MWLL MP.....hope i'll get the chance before it dies some day....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:44:30 AM by Colonel Crayton »

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
Re: Can't log in to play!! Gamespy or something else the problem?
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 01:58:05 AM »
I've always had problems making an account with Crysis and Wars.
Gamespy is garbage and has probably scared away quite a few players.

I'd use a new e-mail, generic provider and no special characters in my name and that usually works.
Make sure to type your name in, not the e-mail you signed in with.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline Colonel Crayton

• Bondsman
    • This Can Be Pronounced
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 02:02:55 AM »
I've always had problems making an account with Crysis and Wars.
Gamespy is garbage and has probably scared away quite a few players.

I'd use a new e-mail, generic provider and no special characters in my name and that usually works.
Make sure to type your name in, not the e-mail you signed in with.

The second account I made was with an @msn.com address (which does have a number in the name but I'd hope for email it doesn't matter! lol), and the account name was ColCrayton. Again, that's not working. :/ Although, I'll try again once I get home in case I needed to wait a few days after account creation.  :-\

your advice there, is that what you did?

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 03:29:49 AM »
Well, lets get dirty with it then. I've got two tools for you, GSPlayers 0.1.1a and GS login checker 0.1.

In GSPlayers, type this in cmd: gsplayers.exe -s e "your_email" (without the quotes). It'll list every user you created with that email account. Try it with the emails you used.

Then use GS login checker to confirm that a given uniquenick you have, listed by gsplayers, and the password you chose, are valid. Example, in cmd: gslogincheck.exe "uniquenick" "password" (again, without the quotes).

Edit: If your name is Rhoi Faj... (it seems it is, just checked your youtube :P), then I see your account there. Use GS login checker to check your uniquenick, ColCrayton, against the password you chose.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 03:36:56 AM by Bruno_007 »
Tools and I:

Offline Colonel Crayton

• Bondsman
    • This Can Be Pronounced
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 06:12:51 AM »
Thank you very much! I would have wanted such tools a long time ago!!

Alas, it says my account is valid.  ???

Repatching right now, see if it'll make a difference. There IS a hash / version mismatch.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 03:06:39 AM »
So... GSPlayers shows like 7 accounts that I have tied to my Gamespy email address, but only one is "registered" and works to log in Crysis... So I must have had it "activated" ingame. I suppose you could try creating the account here with the same nick, ColCrayton? (the yellow letters in the screen below hint at using an existing account)

Unless you've done already that.
Tools and I: