Author Topic: New Sandbox 3 Editor Map.  (Read 1124 times)

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
New Sandbox 3 Editor Map.
« on: April 02, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »
So, I was messing around with the Cryengine 3 Sandbox editor, and decided to make a map of the world as close to scale as I could.

So, I did.

It is 131,000 by 131,000 km.

I started messing around with the max viewable distance, and got it up to about 60,000 stable. When I set it to be 70,000 view distance, the editor crashed.

The RAW file for the heightmap is 32 MB.

The Level.pak is ~around 55 MB, while the terraintexture.pak is ~around 255MB.

It has a Hex Texture on it, but I'm currently trying to get a texture to fit onto it. The Texture map is 768 MB.

I'll post screenshots later.
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline -SM-SUCKER

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +82/-0
Re: New Sandbox 3 Editor Map.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 01:07:19 PM »
I'm waiting...   ;)

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
Re: New Sandbox 3 Editor Map.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »
It looks like when I tried to go North of the Andes, the editor crashed.

I guess it limits the map to about 60000 before it stops letting it generate.
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."