Author Topic: Modified Files Error (Explaination in Last Post)  (Read 7333 times)

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity.
Re: Modified Files Error (Explaination in Last Post)
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »
Okay, nevermind about the last post, Gouty's 0.7.1 patch didn't solve the error for me. Apparently I'm still getting "Cheat Protection Enabled" messages in the log, even after reinstalling Crysis Wars on my PC.
Known in-game as Nighthawk71.
"Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity, to seal the cracks that divide the Great Houses." -Founding words and slogan of the Mercenary Lance Firefox (later known as Ghost Fox), a non-canon mercenary lance made up by me.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 08:20:29 PM »
Well, now you can say you tried everything...
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 08:25:33 PM »
Well, now you can say you tried everything...

Eh, I haven't tried everything, yet. The topic you linked did say that having the language folder opened did solve it. I forgot to try that.
"Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity, to seal the cracks that divide the Great Houses." -Founding words and slogan of the Mercenary Lance Firefox (later known as Ghost Fox), a non-canon mercenary lance made up by me.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 08:48:20 PM »
Yes, for some weird reason after updating my game, I tracked the problem to that folder. But a 2nd run of the game after the update, having the folder open or not was already irrelevant because the problem would be gone.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 08:51:26 PM »
Yes, for some weird reason after updating my game, I tracked the problem to that folder. But a 2nd run of the game after the update, having the folder open or not was already irrelevant because the problem would be gone.

Hmm, well, having the language folder opened while running the game did the trick. I performed a restart on my PC earlier, got the error again, but after rebooting MWLL with the language folder opened in the background, I didn't get the error this time.

I'll try running MWLL with the language folder opened in the background from now on. If, in any case, should the cheat protection somehow activate again, I'll submit my report to Ingrater and see if there's anyway this error could be fixed, if it can be fixed anyway.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 09:47:53 PM »
Ha, yep its really weird how that can fix it. I wondered about the same, why that fixed anything.
Tools and I:

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 10:49:18 PM »
Guess folders can sometimes have strange, mystical properties?

Anyway, I thank you for your assistance!

Offline Kazz 15

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 07:43:14 PM »
I am getting a similar problem but when i fixed this all i needed to do was the "repair build" option on the launch window. but now that i updated to the new version 7.1 it says this when i try to do a repair build.
MWLL version mismatch: it appears that the MWLL build is outdated.
Please update to version 0.6.1 before performing this check.

When i try to join any server with other people in it it tells me i have modified files. i always fixed this with the repair build option and now its outdated?? :(

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 10:44:32 PM »
The repair build option was likely not updated. You'll have to fix it some other way for now.
Tools and I:

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 10:02:48 PM »
I am getting a similar problem but when i fixed this all i needed to do was the "repair build" option on the launch window. but now that i updated to the new version 7.1 it says this when i try to do a repair build.
MWLL version mismatch: it appears that the MWLL build is outdated.
Please update to version 0.6.1 before performing this check.

When i try to join any server with other people in it it tells me i have modified files. i always fixed this with the repair build option and now its outdated?? :(

Same error as well when I tried to repair the build.

Also, ever the language folder tricked failed for me, so I ended up message Ingrater.

Offline Kazz 15

• Bondsman
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 06:48:01 PM »
where is the language folder located at? maybe i could try it

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
Tools and I:

Offline Kazz 15

• Bondsman
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 08:43:45 PM »
I went to  Crysis Wars\Mods\mwll\Game\Languages but i don't have the /Game folder or the /Languages folder   i only see a crash log and Launcher folders
I tried uninstalling crysis wars and mwll completly but afterwards still same problem and no sign of /Game folder or the /Languages folder

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 04:29:21 AM »
Well, I was finally able to resolve it, just need to keep real-time scanning off in my anti-virus while running MWLL, thanks to Ingrater for explaining it in a PM. I had no idea that anti-virus was a cause of the error.

Offline Kazz 15

• Bondsman
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 09:07:10 PM »
Thanks skyhawk i tried what you did and it worked for me too :D
-RainbowDaishi