Author Topic: Modified Files Error (Explaination in Last Post)  (Read 7332 times)

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity.
Modified Files Error (Explaination in Last Post)
« on: January 31, 2013, 01:05:31 AM »
Okay, so bug not fixed. I'm getting really tired of this bug. I did everything I could to try fixing this, and it seems it happens at random.

EDIT: Attached the most recent log.

Note: Had to duplicate the file and change it to .txt to upload it here.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:38:16 PM by skyhawk71 »
Known in-game as Nighthawk71.
"Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity, to seal the cracks that divide the Great Houses." -Founding words and slogan of the Mercenary Lance Firefox (later known as Ghost Fox), a non-canon mercenary lance made up by me.

Offline Paladin851

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-0
Re: "Modified Files" Error when trying to play the Maverick Server
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 03:26:08 AM »
That happened to me when I tried to join that server yesterday, Today it was fine...no problem at all joining.

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 03:44:56 AM »
That happened to me when I tried to join that server yesterday, Today it was fine...no problem at all joining.

Strange, overall I tried connecting to the server 3 times, the last 2 times I managed to enter the server, only to get kicked with the "modified files" error, followed by the game crashing.
"Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity, to seal the cracks that divide the Great Houses." -Founding words and slogan of the Mercenary Lance Firefox (later known as Ghost Fox), a non-canon mercenary lance made up by me.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 04:35:32 PM »
I have no idea what is going on here, I played the Funbocks Alpha server, and it worked perfectly fine, but ever time I try playing the Maverick server, i get the modified files error. This happened when I used the autoupdater to update the game, even after using manual patches, still didn't fix it.

UPDATE: Ok, so this bug is affecting every server. Seems that it only happens when the server has lots of players. I have no idea what's going on here, I was on Funbocks earlier today (when there was only a few players on), and it was working perfectly fine.

That sounds like some kind of networking issue.

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 02:20:12 AM »
I have no idea what is going on here, I played the Funbocks Alpha server, and it worked perfectly fine, but ever time I try playing the Maverick server, i get the modified files error. This happened when I used the autoupdater to update the game, even after using manual patches, still didn't fix it.

UPDATE: Ok, so this bug is affecting every server. Seems that it only happens when the server has lots of players. I have no idea what's going on here, I was on Funbocks earlier today (when there was only a few players on), and it was working perfectly fine.

That sounds like some kind of networking issue.

Could be, but it's still a strange issue. Anyway, updated the OP with the gamelog, the error message itself is weird.

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
Re: Modified Files Error (Please help!)
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »
I apologize for the double-post, but I finally confirmed the bug.

Something in the mod's files becomes modified upon a computer shut down/restart. I'm not sure why, but as said in the OP, MWLL works perfectly fine upon reinstalling, but the modified files error doesn't show up until after I reboot/restart my comp, then try playing.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but I'm also not sure what file is being modified. All I know is, some file in the data becomes corrupted upon rebooting the PC.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 03:26:06 PM »
Can you upload the Game.log (in Crysis Wars root install) of one of those Modified Files tries? It could point to what file keeps getting corrupted.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 03:34:37 PM »
Can you upload the Game.log (in Crysis Wars root install) of one of those Modified Files tries? It could point to what file keeps getting corrupted.

Sure, check the OP, I uploaded the log.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
Re: Modified Files Error (Explaination in Last Post)
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 04:31:13 PM »
<08:17:48> Cheat protection triggered: mods/mwll/Game/Levels

That only happens to me once after a fresh update. Details here: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,16018.msg266129.html

Why it consistently happens to you, no idea. See if that thread above helps you. Perhaps backup the files of a fresh install in ..\Crysis Wars\Mods\mwll\Game\Languages and replace them when that happens. My problem was coming somewhere from there, but fixing by itself.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 04:51:17 PM »
<08:17:48> Cheat protection triggered: mods/mwll/Game/Levels

That only happens to me once after a fresh update. Details here: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,16018.msg266129.html

Why it consistently happens to you, no idea. See if that thread above helps you. Perhaps backup the files of a fresh install in ..\Crysis Wars\Mods\mwll\Game\Languages and replace them when that happens. My problem was coming somewhere from there, but fixing by itself.

Alright, thank you for your assistance!

EDIT: Looked at that link. I don't really use the autoupdater much, plus, the only thing I have been getting through the autoupdater was that MWLL Tools update, so if there does exist a manual patch for that, it would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, thanks again for the assistance! :D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:58:28 PM by skyhawk71 »

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 06:03:22 PM »
If you run out of ideas, give a try to the MWLL 0.7.1 Complete Installer. Or for a just to be sure, the hole package, MWLL GOuTY Edition.
Tools and I:

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 06:50:50 PM »
If you run out of ideas, give a try to the MWLL 0.7.1 Complete Installer. Or for a just to be sure, the hole package, MWLL GOuTY Edition.

TY Bruno! Currently downloading the 0.7.1 complete installer now.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 12:43:29 AM »
Maybe you've got an anti-virus suite that's doing something hinky to your data?  Just a guess.

Offline Leggat

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +14/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 04:17:39 PM »
Same issue here, posted a while back with no real resolution, on my end anyhow.  May try clean install of .7.1, but have doubts.  Nice catch on the bug triggering upon reboot.

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »
Maybe you've got an anti-virus suite that's doing something hinky to your data?  Just a guess.

Nah, Bruno was able to find the solution.

Same issue here, posted a while back with no real resolution, on my end anyhow.  May try clean install of .7.1, but have doubts.  Nice catch on the bug triggering upon reboot.

Yeah, it was weird that the error would only occur after a reboot, but luckily it's fixed on my end. Just need to get Gouty's 0.7.1 installer.