Author Topic: CHat not working  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
CHat not working
« on: December 04, 2012, 06:28:35 AM »
I'm not sure why or how ,but sometimes in the game my text chat fails to work at all i can't even bring up the chat boxes i've been trying to hunt down the console command for chatting to bypass my hotkey but the only thing that fixes it  is rejoining the server.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
Re: CHat not working
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:37:34 AM »
Chatting with other players? You made this, right? If you didn't I think it can mess with Chat too, in a way that it would show weird colors at least.

Anyway, the console command to talk is "say your_message", and for your team "say_team your_message".
Those commands don't exist after all.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:22:55 AM by Bruno_007 »
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 12:31:55 AM »
Chatting with other players? You made this, right? If you didn't I think it can mess with Chat too, in a way that it would show weird colors at least.

Anyway, the console command to talk is "say your_message", and for your team "say_team your_message".
maybe it does it seems to happen after something like that but the chat box does not even appear and i can see others chat but i am unalbe or reply completely.

okay i'll remember that i'm not use to the crysis engine more so the quake3 engine.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 09:32:56 AM »
but the chat box does not even appear and i can see others chat but i am unalbe or reply completely.

Do you know for sure that it does not appear? Shader bugs can make it invisible to yo, but that does not mean it does not appear. For instance if you get this bug and you press chat-key, type a message and hit enter (even though you see nothing) do the other players still see your message? If that is the case it is most likely the shader bug (avoidable by the method described in Bruno's link)

/Merf - Invisishader

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 12:57:50 PM »
but the chat box does not even appear and i can see others chat but i am unalbe or reply completely.

Do you know for sure that it does not appear? Shader bugs can make it invisible to yo, but that does not mean it does not appear. For instance if you get this bug and you press chat-key, type a message and hit enter (even though you see nothing) do the other players still see your message? If that is the case it is most likely the shader bug (avoidable by the method described in Bruno's link)

/Merf - Invisishader
It could be but i recall typing something and nothing ever got sent or i got no responce from my good for nothing team mates.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »
Your messages should appear in your console as well, so there you go, one way to know if your message was sent or not.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 12:48:42 AM »
it doesnt' as every time i happens i randomly type stuff into the console trying to figure out the chat command but no more now that i know them.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 07:23:57 AM »
Does this happen in Crysis Wars too?

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »
wouldn't know I don't play crysis wars. I got Cyrsis wars specifaclly for this mod and nothing else.