Author Topic: How do i properly uninstall/reinstall MWLL?  (Read 1679 times)

Offline XxDRxDEATHxX

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
How do i properly uninstall/reinstall MWLL?
« on: November 23, 2012, 07:39:36 AM »
Ok, thanks to the help of this forum i've managed to get Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis wars to successfully boot and run on my PC.

I even managed to get Crysis Wars to let me sign into my new gamespy account and now will log me in automatically.

But through all this i was tweaking with some MWLL files and messed it up. I attempted to uninstall/reinstall MWLL but i think i didn't do it right. Because when i boot up MWLL,
I get this:

How do i "properly" uninstall MWLL? That way i can reinstall the Mod without this happening.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
Re: How do i properly uninstall/reinstall MWLL?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 08:02:42 AM »
To uninstall MWLL either use the uninstall.exe in the root of your MWLL installation (Crysis Wars\Mods\MWLL) or go to the Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program assuming its Windows 7? Else deleting the entire MWLL folder works. Then running the originally downloaded MWLL-CrysisWars-OpenBeta-Full-0.6.0.exe again to set up the build.

If you delete the build manually without the uninstaller then you can extract the build to the Crysis Wars\Mods\MWLL folder from the .zip files located in either Downloads (if torrented) or in My Documents\My Games\Crysis Wars\MWLL\Updates if you used the installer.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 11:27:05 AM »
You should may be also delete My Documents\My Games\Crysis Wars manually.

Offline XxDRxDEATHxX

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 10:37:30 PM »
Yes! I got MWLL up and running just fine! Will be playing for the first time since January i think(had to throw away my last gaming rig in may due to it being way too dang old, lol).

Thank you guys very much for the help! See ya'all on the battlefield later on this evening!