Author Topic: Runtime error  (Read 1639 times)

Offline lorenzo

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Runtime error
« on: November 03, 2012, 06:31:02 PM »
Hello, today I upgraded my second PC in my campaign, from win xp to win 7,
here I would like to install MechWarrior living legend, but I have a problem.
I followed the advice of Bruno,
Go to your Crysis Wars root folder (Ex., ..\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis Wars, where the Bin32 and Game folders are);
Create a folder there called Mods if you don't have it, and inside another called mwll;
Extract the contents of the 0.6.0 version to the mwll folder;
Do the same for the 0.6.1, overwritting any files it asks; Launch the game through the MWLL.Launcher.exe executable. (now located in \Crysis Wars\Mods\mwll\MWLL.Launcher.exe).
The problem is that I have not found the mwll. Luncer. exe on the usual link on the home page http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/ to right click and download the 'exe.
I then took the mwll launcer from my home pc and 'I installed on my second PC.
I installed mwll launcer.exe but instead of starting the game started to download
files automatically.
I let him do all the launcer but after downloading about 2-3 gigs of files installed
almost everything but fails to install the final part of the program and remains at
MWLL v0.6.0 version, then the MWLL auto updater and tells me to click start

I click on start updating updating but get the following error message
runtime error
An unexpected runtime error occured while running the update. The program will now terminate to prevent data corruption.The issue has been automatically reported to the developer. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Do you want to restart the updater?
yes o no
the game starts but remains at version MWLL v0.6.0 where there are only two servers
how should I do to finish the installation??
thanks advance and I hope I can help
a greeting lorenzo CT CESARE

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
Re: Runtime error
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 07:11:17 PM »
A user named Recoil had the same problem. The automatic updater seems to be working now, but only partially. It fails at downloading the 0.6.1 update. I recommend you downloading that one manually, pretty much following that manual install guide from the 0.6.1 step.

Here's a link to it, hosted by cyofee: http://filip.adjic.net/MWLL-OpenBeta-Patch-0.6.1.zip
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline lorenzo

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »
sorry bruno but in which directory should I install the MWLL-OpenBeta-Patch-0.6.1, since the 0.6.0 is installed automatically

thanks 

lorenzo

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 10:26:21 PM »
Extract it to ..\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis Wars\Mods\mwll, and overwrite any files it asks.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).