Author Topic: Blade Light Mech  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
Blade Light Mech
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:56:25 PM »
Hi everybody! I was working on a model of a mech a while back, the Blade to be specific. I want criticism! Lots and lots of criticism!

Edit: This is obviously not done, I have a LOT of detail to add before it's complete. I did, however, finish the basic form and thought I would share it with you guys.
SPARKLE

PARTY

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
Re: Blade Light Mech
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:35:26 PM »
It's not all about the numbers, MushrooMars!

Oh, you mean about the model? Okay. Well I'm sure you already know it's missing the central X thing on the torso. And the little dowels above and below the RAC. It's way outside MWLL's timeline, so I wouldn't worry about making it compatible; might as well put the ammo feed and hand in. You probably will want to spend a few extra polys on the cockpit for the window frames. I know it seems like a small detail, but the cockpit stands out as simpler than the rest of the model. Obviously the toes need a little work. I think the lower legs come up a bit too high on the thighs, because I can't see the ball joint at all. Or maybe it shouldn't be visible from where I am. There's a tube protrusion thing behind the left shoulder. The right shoulder needs a little work, but it'll be simple to do. Model in the greeblies on the sides of the CT, the groin, and the upper thighs.

Those are all tiny comments and I'm sure you're aware of them all. The main model is REALLY good!

*Edit*

OH! I made a model of a StarViper once that has a frame down the center of its cockpit. Lemme tell you, it's almost impossible to fly. I'd think about making a design change and making the cockpit asymmetrical (thus positioning the pilot slightly to the left or right), or changing the frame of the cockpit so it splits and leaves a sliver of visibility down the middle.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 10:46:31 PM »
Lookin good, Mars. I thought it was a Thanatos at first though. Might be looking a bit thick in the middle section there. And maybe it's just the angle, but from the pic on Sarna, it looks like the side torsos are smaller than the center torso, which could help keep it from looking Thanatosy.

Offline DSRT800

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:50:08 PM »
Looks to fat : ;D

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 11:09:16 PM »
OH! I made a model of a StarViper once that has a frame down the center of its cockpit. Lemme tell you, it's almost impossible to fly. I'd think about making a design change and making the cockpit asymmetrical (thus positioning the pilot slightly to the left or right), or changing the frame of the cockpit so it splits and leaves a sliver of visibility down the middle.

Yeah, when I model the inside of the cockpit I'm going to have to be sure to offset the pilot's seat, maybe even add an extra bit of geometry for a dual cockpit.

Edit: The two cylinders on the right arm are the Medium Lasers (only the gods know why they are so fapping big), and I actually planned on making several variants for this mech. So, I decided to wait to add the Medium Lasers last, as I wanted to also have a variant that switch them over to the left arm.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 11:48:46 PM by MushrooMars »
SPARKLE

PARTY