Author Topic: problem MWLL Launcer  (Read 2669 times)

Offline lorenzo

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
problem MWLL Launcer
« on: October 21, 2012, 01:34:12 AM »
Hi I am writing to inform you that I have found a problem in the installation of MechWarrior living legend.
The installation procedure I followed is the classic, installation of Crysis Wars, then I registered on the site of Crysis,
I also installed the 1.5 path

Then I downloaded mwll launcer but once installed I get the following message: "Launcer error: could not detect the launcer an MWLL build in its current folder, and Therefore can not start. Would you like to run the Ayto Updater to download the latest MWLL build?

I press ok and then I get a second written: failed to chek for updates, error: Unable to retrive the update list. Please check your internet connection. What is the problem you think, what did I do wrong??

My pc operating system has vindows 7 64-bit video card ati radeon 5770 1 gig processor intel pentium E5300 motherboard micro star international co ltd model G31TM-p35, 2 gigs ram memory, which soon put a 4 gig
Sorry for English but use a translator online

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
Re: problem MWLL Launcer
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 01:57:33 AM »
Gday Lorenzo, your english is fine

This is a known issue and its being fixed. In the mean time we have to do a manual install. There are links to the files needed and advice in this thread

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,18594.msg329676.html#msg329676

Lets us know if you keep having problems

There are lots of helpful people here who are always happy to help

Bruno_007's post has the steps needed
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline lorenzo

• Bondsman
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 12:13:40 PM »
Hello, so I went in http://www.mwlldownload.com/index.php I tried to download the version 6 but it downloads only 4 megs of MWLL launcer while not riesche to download the game manually.
What is the link to download the two files file 6.0 and 6.1 files.
The procedure that I follow and then what you describe.
Again, I can not find the link right!!

Go to your Crysis Wars root folder (Ex. .. \ Electronic Arts \ Crytek \ Crysis Wars, where the Bin32 and Game folders are);
Create a folder called Mods there if you do not have it, and inside another called mwll;
Extract the contents of the 0.6.0 version to the folder mwll;
Do the same for the 0.6.1, overwritting any files it asks;
Launch the game through the MWLL.Launcher.exe executable.

This should help you for a manual install of the game. I think I did not overlooked anything important.

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline lorenzo

• Bondsman
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 12:51:53 AM »
I would like to ask you a question, but they install the files in the bin32 folder even though I have 32 windows 7 64 bit?
I noticed that there is also the bin 64, even though I have windows 7 64 bit I have to put the files on bin 32??
I had a doubt!!
A greeting and thanks Lorenzo

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 07:35:34 AM »
No, you don't need to put it into the Bin32/Bin64 folders of Crysis Wars. You need to extract those archives into ...\crysis wars\Mods\mwll

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 01:18:26 PM »
Yup, follow these steps as Focht pointed out:

• Go to your Crysis Wars root folder (Ex., ..\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis Wars, where the Bin32 and Game folders are);
  • Create a folder there called Mods if you don't have it, and inside another called mwll;
  • Extract the contents of the 0.6.0 version to the mwll folder;
  • Do the same for the 0.6.1, overwritting any files it asks;
  • Launch the game through the MWLL.Launcher.exe executable.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-62
    • cyofee
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 05:27:14 PM »
I've taken the liberty of posting Bruno's guide at http://filip.adjic.net/mwll.html , in hopes it will be useful to just link that to people who want to download the game.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 07:00:18 PM »
And the vcredist packages in bin32 or bin64 on the mod folder (being the right ones the same as your OS architecture) may be required to run the game if you don't have them, because with a manual install those aren't checked, so there's a possible solution.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 09:58:57 PM »
And the vcredist packages in bin32 or bin64 on the mod folder (being the right ones the same as your OS architecture) may be required to run the game if you don't have them, because with a manual install those aren't checked, so there's a possible solution.

I think the launcher still checks that for himself, as long as certain flag files aren't present, though I am not sure.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 10:10:21 PM »
Hum yeah, I wasn't quite sure of that either when I posted it. At least a reinstall of them won't do any harm. :P
Tools and I: