Author Topic: TC_SpaceportV02  (Read 1907 times)

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
TC_SpaceportV02
« on: October 03, 2012, 05:21:03 PM »
Hey all, I've been working on this on and off over the past couple months.

I think it's gotten pretty polished from what It used to look like.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34496117/TC_SpaceportV02.zip
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 04:23:44 AM by EmyLightsaber »
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
Re: TC_SpaceportV01
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:12:52 PM »
Oh, Right... Minimap:

Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 05:12:53 AM »
reall want to see very imaginative bases like bases made of legos or a dropship with an extended runway to launch aeros off of and let them land. and a mechbay inside. or maybe  some other skin outside the base that makes it look like a castle or something Just something besides that dull  garage like look.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 09:47:36 AM »
The world of Zelda now available at your local MWLL map vendor :o

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 10:03:54 PM »
not my choice but that'd be cool to see too.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline death_grin

• *woot*
  • MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-0
  • Level Design/Enviromental artist
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »
Defining features could hep make areas of you map stand out.

+Level Designer!

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 05:05:03 PM »
Ahhh, interesting thought. I had not thought yet to put a radio tower or some smaller trees in, or something like the mountain you have suggested.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
Re: TC_SpaceportV02
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 09:56:55 PM »
New look to the beginning of the night cycle, also, water added in.

This Screenshot taken from the Clan side of the map.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
Re: TC_SpaceportV02
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 04:22:42 AM »
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34496117/TC_SpaceportV02.zip

New Version Up!

Changelog:

Changed Volumetric thingies to actual clouds, and then changed the larger trees to Prefab Trees of various sizes.

Also added water.

A Cube Solid with the Minimap is included at both Main Bases.

Synced up the water speed with the cloud speed.

Still need to find a balance of Time of Day settings. Either that or set the game match time to 120 minutes.

As it is right now, around 9 minutes left on a 60 minute match, the sun is fully up, and some hinky fog rolls in.

Moved base that was previously in the trees into a more protected crater, added Wall Sections for blocking some direct fire weapons, does not stop things like Firebombs, Long Tom shells, stuff like that.

Removed Clan from being able to spawn at the Dropship on the ground at the De-facto Spaceport.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 04:34:56 AM by EmyLightsaber »

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote: