Author Topic: TC_EmysRoom (WIP)  (Read 3838 times)

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
TC_EmysRoom (WIP)
« on: September 13, 2012, 05:47:11 AM »
I got really bored this evening, so I started working on a (mostly) to scale model of my room. Now, granted, a few of the things found on the map that I've placed so far, are not giving me the results I would like, such as the bed (that is getting clipped through), the couch (I spawned in a Corsair, the thing was floating around a meter off the ground, and when I took off, it flipped me 180 degrees backwards, as if I had pulled the stick back all the way), the Aero Spawn on top of the Cabinet is a little too high, I think I will need to make it shorter, but the rest of the room looks fine for now, other than it needs more clutter, or some terrain there in the middle.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34496117/TC_EmysRoom.zip
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:25:05 PM by EmyLightsaber »
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline d3jake

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-2
  • [CGB] Pilots Captured Long Toms
Re: EmysRoom WIP Proof of Concept
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »
Nice. I recall another "real house" sort of map a year or so ago. I think that this game needs a good realism-breaking map here and there. Then again: houses\rooms are not typically balanced for two opposing forces to attack each other.

Offline Malaclypse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +29/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 09:44:32 PM »
You could always add a couple socks for hills.

Or have the whole trail of clothes thing leading to the bed :)

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 11:18:19 PM »

Also shoes and toys (extra kudos if you manage a Lego house or something)
Maybe a dropped NES gamepad (including cord.)

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline Werewolf486}12thVR{

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 11:45:17 PM »
In the spirit of UT! Nicely done, but please get Concourse finished. I can't wait to play it in game instead of alone on my server.....please!!!
NEW: Cooler Master ATSC840                                                    OLD: Cooler Master ATSC840
ASUS LGA2011 Rampage IV Black Edition/Intel i7-4930K             ASUS LGA775 Rampage Extreme/Intel Q9550S
ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/27" ASUS Monitor                          ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/ 24" ASUS Monitor
16GB Corsair Vengeance/Razor Nostromo/M70,M65 Corsair         8GB OCZ Reaper/ N52te/Sidewinder
Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit                                     Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit
250gb Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/500GB WD Blue x 2 in Raid1        80GB Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/750GB WD Blue x2 in Raid1

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 02:24:01 AM »
In the spirit of UT! [...]

... DAMN YOU!

Now I want to make a SA_Deck16  <.<

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 07:58:25 AM »
I got really bored this evening, so I started working on a (mostly) to scale model of my room. Now, granted, a few of the things found on the map that I've placed so far, are not giving me the results I would like, such as the bed (that is getting clipped through), the couch (I spawned in a Corsair, the thing was floating around a meter off the ground, and when I took off, it flipped me 180 degrees backwards, as if I had pulled the stick back all the way), the Aero Spawn on top of the Cabinet is a little too high, I think I will need to make it shorter, but the rest of the room looks fine for now, other than it needs more clutter, or some terrain there in the middle.

these maps are fun i'd love to play this it's like your table top peices have come to Life. IT LIIVEES IT LIIIIIIVES!!!
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline TOMTOM

• The subarashi magical
  • Senior Developer
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Lost in 3d Space/time
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 04:12:17 PM »
This brings RATZ(CS MAP) in mind, however i really like this, it makes u felll like chibby chan wich is awesome! :o
keep up with the good work

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:23:34 PM by TOMTOM »
I hate you BA so stop moving and let me SHOOT YOU!!!!

Offline Adamar

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
  • Still trying to work out how much those 3mins cost
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 05:45:09 PM »

Dropped debris could form cover and such.

I had a dream about MWLL on a katamari damacy-like map once, and that would basically be it. Would be neat to see it actually happen.

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 07:14:23 PM »

a lego mech baY!

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.

Offline Werewolf486}12thVR{

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 11:49:07 PM »
In the spirit of UT! [...]

... DAMN YOU!

Now I want to make a SA_Deck16  <.<

Air Mars with aerospace and Vtrolls.  Bedrooms, basement, fire station, speed shop, kitchen, gods sandbox, I could go on, and on, and on...
NEW: Cooler Master ATSC840                                                    OLD: Cooler Master ATSC840
ASUS LGA2011 Rampage IV Black Edition/Intel i7-4930K             ASUS LGA775 Rampage Extreme/Intel Q9550S
ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/27" ASUS Monitor                          ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/ 24" ASUS Monitor
16GB Corsair Vengeance/Razor Nostromo/M70,M65 Corsair         8GB OCZ Reaper/ N52te/Sidewinder
Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit                                     Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit
250gb Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/500GB WD Blue x 2 in Raid1        80GB Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/750GB WD Blue x2 in Raid1

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 12:19:17 AM »
http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,18507.0.html

this using that map for the background outside..

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 03:43:21 AM »
Moar Screenshots.

Some sort of Lava Lamp. It looks cooler in motion.

Shelves, I'll have to make another one closer to the bed. Almost managed to get up to the lowest one in BA, but was halfway short.

Pillow Fort!

I lowered the Aero Spawn section, but it still will not let me spawn there. I might just have to include the whole Clan Aero/ Vtol hanger Prefab up there instead of just the Aero hanger.

Size Comparison.

Moar Size Comparison.
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 03:59:23 AM »
That's pretty damn funny.
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 06:32:36 PM »
BenBen10 going crit at the bottom of the table.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote: