Author Topic: Gamepad issues  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
Gamepad issues
« on: September 12, 2012, 04:33:09 AM »
I use a xbox 360 contorl for a gamepad and i'm having a couple issues the first is that the x button is always making me exit or enter a vehicle and I cannot find the action map to turn this off secont My start button is also turning on light amp once again i don't see this listed in my action map config. i donno if this is a new issue or not. It could be that the 0.6.1 version is doing it.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +162/-0
  • Life is cheap, mechs are expensive.
Re: Gamepad issues
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:16:32 PM »
In the Actionmapper tool if the separate actions are bound to the same button/key then it will show there's conflicts.

However, there's one slight difference you should know about using xbox360 gamepad.  If you're using a gamepad that doesn't have xbox in the name somewhere according to windows or whatever (because maybe its a 3rd party controller) then when you use the "Auto Detect" function in the actionmapper it will instead bind to a joytick button.  Now this still works in game but the problem is that then the actionmapper can't effectively tell you about your conflicts.

Ok that bit of explanation over, you'll need to use the actionmapper to find the actions you want changed.  The Vehicle tab most likely has the enter/exit vehicle action, light amp may be in the player tab. (or both may be in player tab, i forget).

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 04:24:10 PM »
I have checked this mutiple times and cleared the action maps for those actions and it still does the same thing it's like those buttons are hard coded into the controller or game.

I use a xbox 360 controller and it is a  wired xbox360 controller i bought specially for halo2 pc. it  plugs into the usb port

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrAPHmAOxU0WEh6CJkIHWGr2IpGUdRpKhTI8uDzjVX9ksZ9MZ9

http://gearmedia.ign.com/gear/image/article/109/1099416/e3-2010-call-of-duty-black-ops-accessories-first-look-20100616061155436.jpg

pictures of this gamepad.

let me clarify The x button no matter what action i tell it to do does that action along with exiting the vehicle I have gone over this in the action mapper and i do not see that joybutton or xi gampad x button in either binding. same issue with the gampad back button it always turns on light amps (if i hold it down) and i currently use that for masc. i have checked and double checked even triple checked and these buttons joypad or xi_button are not listed in either binding for those actions.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:31:00 PM by Alex Kerensky »

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
If all else fails, use this: http://www.xpadder.com/
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:33:38 PM »
What bruno said, or Joy2key.
My milk shakes!

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 07:03:07 PM »
Oh, and I found this thread: Will Xbox 360 gamepad work?

(TLL)Xermalk came to the same conclusion as you, that the controls were perhaps hardcoded.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 10:54:14 PM »
it's possible they are  if that's the case maybe it's cyrsis wars or the mod...

and which one is free?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:51:13 PM by Alex Kerensky »