Author Topic: Crashing More Than Ever  (Read 5226 times)

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
Re: Crashing More Than Ever
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 11:01:53 AM »
Yeah I can't imagine a machine stably registering part of a dimm due to not being seated properly.  It should just crash all the time with a poorly seated one.  But again, I'm sure this is one of those reserved high mem things.  I.e. it takes the first Gig, splits it into 640k/384k and the missing 384k never gets given back, so you see 7.7G out of 8 avail.

It's more likely that some driver is buggy on the OPs machine than the game's fault directly.    OR that the gfx drivers are glitchy etc.  I have to run some older drivers for my GTX460SE desktop machine.  The latest WHQL ones just suck horribly stability wise, I CTD'd all the time with them.  Went to the previous non-WHQL versions released right before the latest WHQL and it's been fine.

Offline Freeborn_Toad

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-6
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 05:03:57 PM »
Windows shows that I have 8BG of total memory, but only 7.70GB usable according to system properties. Does this mean I have a ram stick that is not seated properly?

No, it probably means some is reserved by something like integrated video. Your 3570k has an Intel HD 4000 IGP, which may not be completely disabled on some boards, even if you've attempted to.

Offline Fatal1st

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-4
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 11:42:17 AM »
Your OC can be failed(cpu or memory i think).
You can watch on system reports and see WHEA Logger warnings when loading is high as one of possible reasons(it's your CPU), or problems with memory(even memtest can say what all is ok, but MWLL...).