Author Topic: TC_Woods_005  (Read 9191 times)

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
TC_Woods_005
« on: August 27, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 05:15:54 AM by ~SJ~ Blhurr »
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Bobby

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-2
Re: TC_Woods_002
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:52:03 AM »
Those trees certainly look OP. Need to playtest it to be sure.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 07:01:36 AM »
Lol what's OP mean?  They had no collision at first. But I had to remove aero because of no cover.  I wasn't happy with that so learned how to add collision.  Now I need to add aero back. I did no work with solids on this map.  It's all terrain and trees. 8x8k though so its feral fangs big. I'll attempt to get it up tonight.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:17:17 PM by ~SJ~ Blhurr »
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 05:14:52 PM »
Large Map. Large File. Original Post updated.  I will take recommendations on name change and loading screen text if anyone has suggestions. I'll take suggestions on just about anything really including base placement etc.  Thanks.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 04:25:52 AM »
Anyone run around on it?  or WD; YMS?  (Won't download; your maps suck)  Needs more trees? =-)  Need more screens?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 04:40:12 AM by ~SJ~ Blhurr »

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-3
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 10:59:49 AM »
I watched the map - looks good. Trees I think is enough. Maybe add some more shelters. Shelters it from the air with Lasers and Gaus sullas and shivas. Roof to protect against shock directly from the height of a 90 angle.

But need verification map in the server with enough players.

Screens are certainly welcome.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:04:50 AM by RDL_Vitos »

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 03:17:10 AM »
Ya I thought about that a bunch. Not sure what to do. Maybe a few patches of more dense vegetation.  However, Sandblasted is very exposed to Aero and still wildly popular.  More images attached to first post for the weekend browsers.  And for those of you that are tired of my natural vegetation looking maps, if I make another map I plan on making it more alien in appearance. I've also gotten sick of the natural maps but they are easy because all the textures look that way well.... naturally.

Offline ELH_KillThemALL

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
  • Eridani Light Horse
    • Eridani Light Horse
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 12:24:28 PM »
I with some teammates have played in funbox yesterday - map looks very good and naturally beautiful! This map suitable for organized games as is without updates already - map very big and its cool! It  compels teams to bring on the battlefield reconnaissance assets, use aero and other tactical stuff!  I very want to see it in Planetary League.

But for pubs... Apparently not enough capture zones, absence of  capturable mechbays somewhere in the map really frustrating and bad for the game.

Pubs are boring!© Twinkletoes
Fundrops are fun!
Planetary League will makes me into ecstasy!

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 01:43:17 PM »
Hey thanks for the feedback as always. Ya I was going for more of a TSA feel with one capture zone to focus the combat and give players lots of opportunity to flank on that point.  So it's frustrating because it plays more like TSA or because the playable area is too big for a map more on the TSA spectrum?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:07:24 PM by ~SJ~ Blhurr »

Offline Fatal1st

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-4
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 10:17:12 PM »
Too big...game on this map was boring.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »
Cool then I'll throw in some more bases with spawn capability in between the main bases. I ran that distance a few times and it didn't take that long but i hear and obey.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 06:32:20 AM »
After play, I agree it is a tad too big.  Someone I think Davidian suggested a box of bases in the middle so I'll go with that.  thanks for testing.

Offline d3jake

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-2
  • [CGB] Pilots Captured Long Toms
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 07:16:50 AM »
Do the trees fall over when hit? I think the only possible complaint that I could have is if I hit a tree with a 35-85+ ton vehicle\mech and the tree stays standing.

Also: Are solids in place for all debris that's on the forest floor? One thing I noticed on Bedrock was a stump that a Mauler\Warhammer(I forget which) was firing through to hit me as a BA.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 07:42:10 AM »
Unfortunately the only way to place destructible trees is manually; and by that I mean I have to align every destructible tree with the terrain one by one.  There are like 10k trees on this map so even though I agree with you that the trees should be destructible it is probably not going to happen.

I will double check to make sure the stumps that I am using are closed on top.  Not using much ground stuff other than that. Thanks for your interest.

Offline d3jake

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-2
  • [CGB] Pilots Captured Long Toms
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 08:37:52 PM »
That, or place destructible trees near roads\bases. 10k trees would be a lot of work... too bad there isn't a way to automate the process.

You're welcome for the interest. I sorta wish we had a fleet of people to place destructible trees in maps to compensate for the sheer number of them on your map, or Bedrock, etc.