Author Topic: Map Design Collaboration  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
Re: Map Design Collaboration
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 12:54:13 AM »
I've got a idea for a fun and funny map that will not only look funny if done right ,but could turn out into a aewsome map... pm me or something and i can give you more details.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 01:34:22 AM »
Lest you've thought that I've forgotten about this project, I want you to know that I'm still brainstorming.  I like the idea of canals you mentioned.  I'll probably focus the playable area in the middle in that flat terrain you have essentially outlined. I'll likely leave the surrounding topography unchanged.  My favorite thing to do whilst at the gym is to run conceptualize map designs.  ThermoCline still has most of my attention but when I get bored of that I think on Waddis.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:39:28 AM by ~SJ~ Blhurr »
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline ScottRidley

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 01:49:15 AM »
A map that's deadly to tanks? FeralFangs? :P

I'd like to see that one improved, it's (like the Dam one) good to start with, but lacks proper eye candy/finishing touches.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 02:09:58 AM »
Ya I need to go back over Dam with more attention to detail. I learned a bit more about vegetation and texturing since then so hopefully I can incorporate that.  Feralfangs will probably never be revisited since I'm exhausted on that.  Thanks for the feedback!
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket