Author Topic: mouse curser not syncing for menus in game.  (Read 3234 times)

Offline =CJW= Namarah

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
mouse curser not syncing for menus in game.
« on: July 28, 2012, 10:51:19 PM »
Having an issue with the courser in Crysis wars not syncing with where its showing. for instance I could have the mouse courser over settings and it will be highlighting multyplayer. I can't get it to sync right as when I attempt to I can't hit the apply button because its that far out of sync that it is to high for it to highlight the apply button. All I did was change my resalustion. I have alt tabbed a few times and I have reinstalled it as well. Still getting no joy. Cheers in advance.
of course you should fight fire with fire you should fight everything with fire.

I'm from wales where the men are men, and the sheep are scared.

Don't take me toooooo seriously I'm a welshman.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
Re: mouse curser not syncing for menus in game.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 10:55:37 PM »
USB device? You may want to re-install the mouse driver.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Ghogiel

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 11:00:34 PM »
All I did was change my resalustion.
Try using a resolution that is the same ratio as your monitors native resolution. I dare say something along those line is the issue, especially if setting it to your monitors actual native resolution doesn't have this problem.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »
You can change your resolution manually in the \My Documents\\My Games\Crysis Wars\game.cfg file, if you can't change it now (you said you couldn't hit the Apply button). Change the r_Width and r_Height cvars to your desired resolution.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline =CJW= Namarah

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 11:07:09 PM »
@kit; Yeah I tried that and it didn't work.

@Ghogial; I changed it to my native resolution as I had it lower due to my old machine not able to run it well at native.

@bruno; I'll try that now.
of course you should fight fire with fire you should fight everything with fire.

Offline =CJW= Namarah

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 11:12:58 PM »
double post sorry.

Bruno thank you your suggestion helped.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 11:16:52 PM »
No problem. Btw, you could still be able to hit the Apply button with the arrow keys. They move the mouse around to the selection boxes, then you would just had to press enter. Also pressing ALT+ENTER would put the game in windowed mode, enabling you to move the window around to reach that button.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline pmckart

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 05:41:58 AM »
I was having problems with my mouse cursor, in game menus. The cursor would always be a few inches off from were the game was detecting it. After some reading I found out it was because I used the 120%- 150% DPI setting in Windows, so I could have my desktop at full HD without everything being too small and hard to read. They said in order to fix this problem all I had to do was disable custom dpi under properties for the specific game (.exe) I wanted to run. This does work, but because my games are through steam/uplay the desktop icons are not .exe and I could not access these settings. This meant that every time I wanted to play a game through steam I would have to reset my dpi setting to default, then set it back to %150 when I wanted to go back to the desktop. This was a huge pain (especially because every time you change DPI you have to log out and back into windows.) So I continued searching for an answer and could not find one. Eventually I went back into the DPI settings and saw a check box saying use Windows XP dpi settings (instead of win7). It worked! Now I can keep my desktop DPI at %150 and it no longer effects my game menus (steam/uplay or normal .exe). Don't worry the win xp settings look exactly the same as the win 7 settings. The only difference I could find was that it made the menu mouse cursor for games a slightly lower resolution than everything else. (Its barely noticeable, and a lot better than a broken menu.) I don't know if I am the first one to discover this fix... I doubt it, but I figured id share it with everyone.