Author Topic: Black screen at launch - 6 minutes and counting  (Read 1921 times)

Offline =CJW=YalK

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +96/-1
  • There's no brakes on the Rape Train
Black screen at launch - 6 minutes and counting
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:34:01 AM »
I've always had the black screen in the beginning, but only for around 30 sec or so...

after DL'ing 0.6.0 / 6.1 its going to the black screen and apparently going no further....its not freezing or hanging up, Crysis Wars is still "running", its not giving me any error messages so I don't know what is broken....

couldn't find where it downloaded the update so had to Download it twice to see if I just screwed something up...any help or insight would be awesome

Probably going to bed soon seeing as it IS a workday tomorrow...

Expecting understanding and empathy on the internet (especially in Toast [especially by Bill]) = fail.
And I say hey hey hey....I said hey, what's goin' on And I say hey.... hey....I said hey, what's goin' on? >>> THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNAwUUsc0

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
Re: Black screen at launch - 6 minutes and counting
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 04:55:24 AM »
This isn't quite the same, but I've noticed the map change period seems to be taking a lot longer, to the point we thought the server had frozen. Has some new checking or whatever been added that's slowing things down?

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline =CJW=YalK

• Star Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 05:07:17 AM »
well, I'm just trying to get the game to work at all

I'm not asking about "slow" I'm asking about my fapping game doesn't work

Any ideas? been able to get the game to work all the other patches, and I've had just about everything happen to break it...but I can't figure this one out

Expecting understanding and empathy on the internet (especially in Toast [especially by Bill]) = fail.
And I say hey hey hey....I said hey, what's goin' on And I say hey.... hey....I said hey, what's goin' on? >>> THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNAwUUsc0

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 05:49:45 AM »
Considering some people used to wait that many minutes for the black screen to pass *before* the update, it's a perfectly valid question :p. That said, someone suggested that getting to the black screen, clicking out of Crysis Wars and clicking back in, or alt tabbing would work too I suppose, could help make it go faster. Tried that?

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline =CJW=YalK

• Star Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 06:05:03 AM »
No, I'm looking into it being a problem with Wars

I guess i did try that, I tried just about everything before resorting to another 2 hour download

Offline =CJW=YalK

• Star Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 06:46:01 AM »
ok, 2 DL's later and 2 installs of Wars fixed it