Author Topic: TC_00_Dam_006  (Read 12501 times)

Offline Ivaan

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-0
Re: TC_00_Dam_001
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 06:51:26 PM »

Yes if to appoint to object - "Frozen" - object vanishes after a shot on it or collisions. At me was such at creation TSA_Outpost.

It is possible to try "dynamic frozen", but the look will be a little another (it was not pleasant to me and I left absolutely without a freezing).

It concerns "Entity". If to use "brush" -  everything works as it is necessary. But in "brushes" there are no models of mechs: (

Vitos by clean do you mean that I can't give them the frozen look anymore?  I kind of liked it =(
You may try to use the empty.cfg in the brush directory. You just place it somewhere, then you can assign any geometry to it, including mechs.
The map looks cool!  ;)

But unfortunately I haven't had a chance to play on it yet.  :(

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 08:34:18 PM »
Here's your dam for those of you that haven't had a chance to play it.

"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Adamar

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
  • Still trying to work out how much those 3mins cost
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 09:00:02 PM »
One thing I didn't notice- does it stay night time?

The sun rising over it would look fapping amazing.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 09:02:35 PM »
Ya in its current iteration it is time locked. I had not considered dynamic TOD but maybe I'll take a look at it. Always trying to make the customers happy lol.
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline CGB [Duffanichta]

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 09:17:35 PM »
Wow! DAM(n) big ^^

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2012, 08:39:40 AM »
aHA! It was a typo from Blhuur, I see ::) good catch Duff 8)

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 10:29:14 PM »
Pretty good map overall. However the Clan base seems to lead intuitively out to the dam itself, not the research facility or the bridge, but a ledge between them where the dam is. This causes noobs to zerg toward the area and be worthless while the few people who know what they're doing pretty much decide the map by trading the dropship cap back and forth. The IS seems to lead (through the frontish exit) to the bridge, so you get most of the IS going to the bridge while most of the clan goes to the dam.

The cap area ticket bleeds make good sense though, the dropship is the furthest from repairs and whatnot.
Can you actually buy Vtols at that place? I have never seen anyone take one.

Which by the way, the Vtol landing pads near the dropship have no collusion, you can drive a tank right  through them.

Also the main bridge and the ramps in the main bases have the same problems the Kago bridges do. The main bridge is impossible to traverse in a tank because of said problems and the incline, but this isn't too much of a problem since driving around the bridge doesn't take long because the map is small.

A nice map overall and great map for BA thanks to the heavy foliage.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2012, 03:25:30 AM »
Pretty good map overall.
Thanks!

However the Clan base seems to lead intuitively out to the dam itself, not the research facility or the bridge, but a ledge between them where the dam is. This causes noobs to zerg toward the area and be worthless while the few people who know what they're doing pretty much decide the map by trading the dropship cap back and forth. The IS seems to lead (through the frontish exit) to the bridge, so you get most of the IS going to the bridge while most of the clan goes to the dam.

I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually. I can't help that some people are stuck in TSA mode.

The cap area ticket bleeds make good sense though, the dropship is the furthest from repairs and whatnot.
Can you actually buy Vtols at that place? I have never seen anyone take one. Which by the way, the Vtol landing pads near the dropship have no collusion, you can drive a tank right  through them.

Cool I was hoping it would be balanced well.  You can buy VTOLS, the collision in the prefab is broken. I have attempted a fix and yes you can buy VTOLs there.  People probably don't because it is a bit risky due to the map layout and lack of cover for air support. However if you can control that area for a bit VTOL pilots can launch attacks on the dam from that sector. Could be fun?

Also the main bridge and the ramps in the main bases have the same problems the Kago bridges do. The main bridge is impossible to traverse in a tank because of said problems and the incline, but this isn't too much of a problem since driving around the bridge doesn't take long because the map is small.

Before I spend a boatload of time tank proofing the map I want to see if 0.6 fixes the problem globally.

A nice map overall and great map for BA thanks to the heavy foliage.

Thanks again. I try really hard to make my visions fun to play for you guys. Nothing is more disappointing than to have a server admin take your map out of rotation or never give it a chance.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:47:54 AM by ~SJ~ Blhurr »

Offline kryobig

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +14/-0
  • A dish best served cold.
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2012, 09:58:46 AM »
I was playing last night, and noticed a major issue with this map. The platforms on the dam create a natural base rape position. In the bottom right corner, the turrets opened fire at me immediately when I neared the edge of the platform, but later in the game, there was a LRM cougar on the top left platform and the turrets didn't seem to do anything. The height difference of the dam also makes it actually pretty hard to use as a strongpoint, other than for baseraping purposes.

Otherwise I like the design and layout, but in my opinion the map could be larger. 1,5k might be enough to solve the baserape problem, 2k would most definitely solve the elevation issue too, but then a couple of repairpoints would be needed to maintain any kind of presence at any capture point.

BTW, why are the main bases not mirrored in orientation?

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2012, 03:28:30 PM »
I was playing last night, and noticed a major issue with this map. The platforms on the dam create a natural base rape position. In the bottom right corner, the turrets opened fire at me immediately when I neared the edge of the platform, but later in the game, there was a LRM cougar on the top left platform and the turrets didn't seem to do anything. The height difference of the dam also makes it actually pretty hard to use as a strongpoint, other than for baseraping purposes.

There is supposed to be a base LAMS to cover from missiles and LTs.  If that's not working then we have a problem. Otherwise there is so much cover available directly outside the base that a cougar should only be able to get one salvo off before his target is hidden or he himself takes too much damage.  That's a moot point though as I did not intend for missiles to be able to penetrate into the hangar spawns or very close to the bases anyway. So I assume base LAMS isn't working.

Otherwise I like the design and layout, but in my opinion the map could be larger. 1,5k might be enough to solve the baserape problem, 2k would most definitely solve the elevation issue too, but then a couple of repairpoints would be needed to maintain any kind of presence at any capture point.
  Thanks.  I don't believe I'll make the map larger. I think doubling the size with that much vegetation would essentially stop half the people's PCs.  I'll work on making the bases less rapeworthy instead.

BTW, why are the main bases not mirrored in orientation?
No reason.  I did not initially think the orientation would play a huge factor in how the map would be played.  I see the error in that thinking now and I'll certainly change the orientation for version 002.  Does anyone have a preference for which direction they want the base oriented?  There is not a lot of room in those corners so it's going to have to be dam or dropship.  EDIT:Well I split the difference and placed the base at an angle towards the middle so that the bases are essentially facing eachother. I noticed that the LAMS I used was incorrect. Bases now have LAMS enabled which should negate the worst of the rapage.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 04:26:01 PM by ~SJ~ Blhurr »

Offline kryobig

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +14/-0
  • A dish best served cold.
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2012, 01:03:36 PM »
Great, can't wait to play the new version.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 02:16:39 AM »

and give clan aero.

You have no idea how badly I want to try that.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
Re: TC_00_Dam_002
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »
Update 002: Changed orientation of bases to symmetrical.  Added Turret AMS.  Added Dynamic TOD. Statues don't disappear anymore. Increased Minimap resolution. Tightened up loading screen.

Download at http://www.mwllmaps.com/maps/TC/TC_00_Dam_002.zip

If there is any interest I may attempt to create an extended version of this map by increasing the size of this map x4.  Let me know.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:59:47 AM by ~SJ~ Blhurr »

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2012, 02:43:18 AM »
Are people crashing or is the map too small?

Offline ELH_KillThemALL

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
  • Eridani Light Horse
    • Eridani Light Horse
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2012, 02:57:31 AM »
If there is any interest I may attempt to create an extended version of this map by increasing the size of this map x4.  Let me know.
It will be cool! We need moar big maps!

Pubs are boring!© Twinkletoes
Fundrops are fun!
Planetary League will makes me into ecstasy!