Author Topic: Map dl or settings change causes"Your MWLL Installation has modified files"crash  (Read 3583 times)

Offline madpeople

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-1
Basically if anything causes a file to be modified - like a new map downloading from a server, or I make any change in the game settings screen then a little while later I get the "Your MWLL Installation has modified files. Please Revert them to their original state to play" message.
If I click on the button on that message then the game freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to get the task manager up (ctrl+shift+escape doesn't do the job), task manager appears in the middle of the screen, if I move it I will see a dialogue box saying that crysis has stopped working, do I want to debug or close it.
I close it because I don't have the necessary debug files (and it's probably not a debug build I'm running).
I then run MWLL again and can now play on the new map or with the newly adjusted settings.

This is more of an inconvenience than anything serious. I know that if I try to play on a new map I'll have to restart the game (in the manner described above, I think I tried once to close mwll after a map dl but before seeing the message and just got the message the next time I started it).

I thought I would mention it since I don't think the correct behaviour is for it to freeze when the user acknowledges the message, and a search didn't seem to indicate that this has been reported before.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
I've only had two custom MWLL maps giving that err, and quitting the game then restarting  did the trick as you said. Not sure why this is happening for some clients while others never will be acquainted with the issue.

NB: You can usually find out which file is causing the authentication which is written in the Game.log, located in the root of your Crysis Wars installation.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline madpeople

• Recruit
Re:
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 02:22:49 PM »
For me this happens with 100% reliability when downloading a new map or changing a setting in the game settings screen (actions which would cause a file to change).

Here's a log for a map dl.  It looks like it was unhappy about the folder changing? Maybe the OS updating the modified date when the new map was copied into it?

I'll change a setting to cause a crash that way later and post that log.

Would running the debug client from the MWLL launcher give more detailed results?

p.s. the "log" extension should probably be added to the allowed extension types for attachments.

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
Hm, the cheat protection is triggered after the map is loaded client-side. Something is modifying files in there after it is installed - any antivirus active that might cause this?
<Insert cool content here>

Offline Errodien Ward

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +56/-0
  • Delicious...
Code: [Select]
<21:13:26> [net 20:13:26.252] Disconnect cjw.dyndns.biz:64100; profid=0; cause=23; msg='Multiplayer/TC/TC_2Fort_KOTH_014'
CGameClientChannel::Release
    $3r_FSAA = $60 $5[DUMPTODISK, REQUIRE_APP_RESTART]$4
    $3r_FSAA_samples = $60 $5[DUMPTODISK, REQUIRE_APP_RESTART]$4
    $3r_FSAA_quality = $60 $5[DUMPTODISK, REQUIRE_APP_RESTART]$4
Autodownloader: Filename: T:/Temp/MWLL\mapdl/download.zip
Unpack: Unpacking T:/Temp/MWLL\mapdl/download.zip, destination T:/Temp/MWLL/map_unpack
Unpack: Archive successfuly extracted
Unpack: Will move map from "T:/Temp/MWLL/map_unpack/Multiplayer/TC/TC_2Fort_KOTH_014" to "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Crysis Wars/Mods/MWLL/Game/Levels/Multiplayer/TC/TC_2Fort_KOTH_014"
Autodownloader: map zip file unpack successful
Autodownloader: map zip file deleted
[net 20:14:01.208] connection requested to: 176.9.140.228:64100
[net 20:14:01.209] resolved as: 176.9.140.228:64100
<21:14:04> Game rules class: TerrainControl
<21:14:05>     $3p_max_velocity = $61000 $5[]$4
<21:14:11> ShowReviveCycle ignored (NULL)
<21:14:12> Setting gametype to 'Capture'
<21:14:15> -----------------------------------------------------
<21:14:15> *LOADING: Level Multiplayer/TC/TC_2Fort_KOTH_014 loading time: 9.37 seconds
<21:14:15> -----------------------------------------------------
<21:15:03> Cheat protection triggered: mods/mwll/Game/Levels
<21:15:04> [net 20:15:04.068] Disconnect cjw.dyndns.biz:64100; profid=0; cause=16; msg='Remote disconnected: Client had modified files.'
    $3r_GetScreenShot = $62 $5[]$4
    $3r_GetScreenShot = $62 $5[]$4
[Warning] Unknown command: WarningBox
Closing game due to modified files.

For easy finding.

<21:15:03> Cheat protection triggered: mods/mwll/Game/Levels
Something is causing the game to engage cheat protection when it installed the map. Location looks correct for when it unpacked it though...

I also downloaded the map but was able to run it correctly.

Offline madpeople

• Recruit
Hm, the cheat protection is triggered after the map is loaded client-side. Something is modifying files in there after it is installed - any antivirus active that might cause this?
I have Microsoft Security Essentials installed.
I've just disabled indexing contents on that folder to see if that makes things better. - Will find out next time I try a new map. [edit] disabling windows search content indexing has no effect [/edit]

I can play the maps it downloads fine when I re-start mwll after closing the crashed instance. I can usually play them a little (well, at least join a team) since it seems to take a while for the cheat protection to trigger.

This is more an annoyance rather than something fatal, though it may be good to know the cause.

edit: Happened twice again this afternoon on the two new maps I tried.

I videoed both instances, remembered to copy the log file for the second - essentially the same as the last log file just with a different map name.

<20:42:36> [net 19:42:36.676] Disconnect cjw.dyndns.biz:64100; profid=0; cause=23; msg='Multiplayer/TSA/TSA_New_Roland'
Unpack: Unpacking T:/Temp/MWLL\mapdl/download.zip, destination T:/Temp/MWLL/map_unpack
Unpack: Will move map from "T:/Temp/MWLL/map_unpack/Multiplayer/TSA/TSA_New_Roland" to "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Crysis Wars/Mods/MWLL/Game/Levels/Multiplayer/TSA/TSA_New_Roland"
[net 19:47:18.976] connection requested to: 176.9.140.228:64100
[net 19:47:18.977] resolved as: 176.9.140.228:64100
<20:47:22> Game rules class: TeamSolarisArena
<20:47:23>     $3p_max_velocity = $61000 $5[]$4
<20:47:35> ShowReviveCycle ignored (NULL)
<20:47:36> Setting gametype to 'DeathMatch'
<20:47:43> -----------------------------------------------------
<20:47:43> *LOADING: Level Multiplayer/TSA/TSA_New_Roland loading time: 19.75 seconds
<20:47:43> -----------------------------------------------------
<20:48:14> [Error] Bone-names of SLAVE-skeleton don't match with bone-names of MASTER-skeleton:  r_root
<20:48:14> [Error] Bone-names of SLAVE-skeleton don't match with bone-names of MASTER-skeleton:  l_root
<20:48:14> [Error] Bone-names of SLAVE-skeleton don't match with bone-names of MASTER-skeleton:  r_root
<20:48:14> [Error] Bone-names of SLAVE-skeleton don't match with bone-names of MASTER-skeleton:  l_root
<20:48:16> [Error] Script GetCVar('buy_paint') not found - fix this
<20:48:22> Cheat protection triggered: mods/mwll/Game/Levels
<20:48:22> [net 19:48:22.630] Disconnect cjw.dyndns.biz:64100; profid=0; cause=16; msg='Remote disconnected: Client had modified files.'
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:07:58 AM by madpeople »

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
When did you last defrag or scan your HDD for corrupted sectors. That it happens a few times can be minor glitches but that it constantly occurs is odd, though its weird that its not triggering any other parts of the build.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein

Offline madpeople

• Recruit
Defragmented the other week (even though I'm on an SSD I've noticed fragmentation has a significant effect on startup speed).

Just ran chkdsk (at bootup), nothing wrong (It's quite a young drive).

I'll try using the debug version to see if it is more verbose in its logging. (unless it harms performance significantly)

edit: I enabled debug mode from the launcher and have just had the same error on a new map. I didn't get one of those report a crash things (I never do with this error). This post didn't make it clear if I should add the -crashonexit to the mwll launcher shortcut, or if I should create another shortcut to launch crysis directly with -mod MWLL -crashonexit. Since it wasn't clear I didn't do either.

[net 19:33:40.397] Disconnect static.core.gpinternet.ru:64100; profid=0; cause=23; msg='Multiplayer/TSA/TSA_OutpostV2'
Unpack: Will move map from "T:/Temp/MWLL/map_unpack/Multiplayer/TSA/TSA_OutpostV2" to "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Crysis Wars/Mods/MWLL/Game/Levels/Multiplayer/TSA/TSA_OutpostV2"
[net 19:34:15.283] connection requested to: 91.197.11.55:64100
[net 19:34:15.285] resolved as: 91.197.11.55:64100
[net 19:34:15.670] Disconnect static.core.gpinternet.ru:64100; profid=0; cause=4; msg='Remote disconnected: Disallowing more than 24 players'
[net 19:34:30.095] connection requested to: 91.197.11.55:64100
[net 19:34:30.096] resolved as: 91.197.11.55:64100
Game rules class: TeamSolarisArena
Game rules class: TeamSolarisArena
    $3p_max_velocity = $61000 $5[]$4
ShowReviveCycle ignored (NULL)
Setting gametype to 'DeathMatch'
-----------------------------------------------------
*LOADING: Level Multiplayer/TSA/TSA_OutpostV2 loading time: 9.11 seconds
-----------------------------------------------------
Cheat protection triggered: mods/mwll/Game/Levels
[net 19:34:59.834] Disconnect static.core.gpinternet.ru:64100; profid=0; cause=16; msg='Remote disconnected: Client had modified files.'
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:50:40 PM by madpeople »

Offline madpeople

• Recruit
Not sure you actually need any more logs since they're all essentially the same, but here's another:
<22:53:22> [Error] Script GetCVar('buy_paint') not found - fix this
<22:53:35> [Error] Bone-names of SLAVE-skeleton don't match with bone-names of MASTER-skeleton:  r_root
<22:53:35> [Error] Bone-names of SLAVE-skeleton don't match with bone-names of MASTER-skeleton:  l_root
<22:53:35> [Error] Bone-names of SLAVE-skeleton don't match with bone-names of MASTER-skeleton:  r_root
<22:53:35> [Error] Bone-names of SLAVE-skeleton don't match with bone-names of MASTER-skeleton:  l_root
<22:54:22> [net 21:54:22.055] Disconnect cjw.dyndns.biz:64100; profid=0; cause=23; msg='Multiplayer/TC/TC_FeralFangs_P5'
Unpack: Will move map from "T:/Temp/MWLL/map_unpack/Multiplayer/TC/TC_FeralFangs_P5" to "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Crysis Wars/Mods/MWLL/Game/Levels/Multiplayer/TC/TC_FeralFangs_P5"
[net 21:55:14.810] connection requested to: 176.9.140.228:64100
[net 21:55:14.812] resolved as: 176.9.140.228:64100
<22:55:18> Game rules class: TerrainControl
<22:55:19>     $3p_max_velocity = $61000 $5[]$4
<22:55:22> [Error] CVoxelObject::SetSurfacesInfo: voxel object [] is referencing to undefined terrain surface type: objects/objects_mwll/unique_level_assets/deathvalley/materials/d
<22:55:22> [Error] CVoxelObject::SetSurfacesInfo: voxel object [] is referencing to undefined terrain surface type: objects/objects_mwll/unique_level_assets/deathvalley/materials/dx
<22:55:22> [Error] CVoxelObject::SetSurfacesInfo: voxel object [] is referencing to undefined terrain surface type: objects/objects_mwll/unique_level_assets/deathvalley/materials/d
<22:55:22> [Error] CVoxelObject::SetSurfacesInfo: voxel object [] is referencing to undefined terrain surface type: objects/objects_mwll/unique_level_assets/deathvalley/materials/dMaterials/terrain/beach_white_sand_wet
<22:55:22> [Error] CVoxelObject::SetSurfacesInfo: voxel object [] is referencing to undefined terrain surface type: objects/objects_mwll/unique_level_assets/deathvalley/materials/dx
<22:55:23> [Error] CVoxelObject::SetSurfacesInfo: voxel object [] is referencing to undefined terrain surface type: objects/objects_mwll/unique_level_assets/deathvalley/materials/d
<22:55:23> [Error] CVoxelObject::SetSurfacesInfo: voxel object [] is referencing to undefined terrain surface type: objects/objects_mwll/unique_level_assets/deathvalley/materials/dMaterials/terrain/ground_stones_rough4
<22:55:28> ShowReviveCycle ignored (NULL)
<22:55:29> Setting gametype to 'Capture'
<22:55:32> -----------------------------------------------------
<22:55:32> *LOADING: Level Multiplayer/TC/TC_FeralFangs_P5 loading time: 13.47 seconds
<22:55:32> -----------------------------------------------------
<22:56:04> Cheat protection triggered: mods/mwll/Game/Levels
<22:56:04> [net 21:56:04.122] Disconnect cjw.dyndns.biz:64100; profid=0; cause=16; msg='Remote disconnected: Client had modified files.'

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
Sorry I didn't respond on the last one. Though I am unsure why it is happening for you specifically, and that it is only happening with the custom maps.

I'm unsure if the -crashonexit command would yield more data than the Game.log obtains.

Have you saved the MWLL build in its original .zip files (My Documents/My Game/Crysis Wars/MWLL/Updates), a reinstall of MWLL may correct the issue?

Offline madpeople

• Recruit
Issue persists even though I uninstalled 5.6 to get to 6.0 (now upgraded to 6.1)

Seems I can stand around and do nothing (well, take screenshots at least) and I don't get kicked, but if I either (don't know which) buy a mech or move then I get kicked due to modified files, then crash on dismissing that dialogue. Though I guess investigating whether moving or buying a vehicle triggers it only tells me something about how the anti-cheat system works, rather than the bug.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:57:30 PM by madpeople »

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
It is the custom maps that causes the modified files issue? If so you may want to delete the custom maps and download them directly instead of via the autodownloader.
http://mwllmaps.com/

Offline madpeople

• Recruit
I think its any files changing while the game running. Downloading a new map is the most common cause. Once I start the game again I can happily join the server of the map I just downloaded because the game started with that map in its directory.

Like the title says it's not just maps, if I edit the game settings like mouse sensitivity etc on the in game options screen that results in a configuration file somewhere changing, and that causes the "Your MWLL Installation has modified files" dialogue to appear, and dismissing that leads to a crash.

If there are other ways to modify the files the game uses apart from map dl or settings change from within the game then they will probably cause it too (though the game log doesn't seem to count as one).

Offline madpeople

• Recruit
Just downloaded a new map in game, decided to run ProcessMonitor after starting download.

Examining the procmon log I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. MS security essentials scans files in the mwll directory (recorded as making file mappings), but that's all really.

I did spot a directory where a windows error report on the crash was stored, it seems to contain the address of where the exception that caused the crash was, and an error code.
Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=Crysis.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=1.1.1.6729
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=49d157c2
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=StackHash_5be9
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=6.1.7601.17725
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=4ec4aa8e
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0000374
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[7].Value=00000000000c40f2

Can provide the procmon log, windows error report log and the Game.log if anyone wants to examine them.