Author Topic: TC_Silent Hill  (Read 2682 times)

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
TC_Silent Hill
« on: May 20, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »
TSA_Hill_Valley. I am creating this map to eventually recreate it as a TC map. I think the terrain and the way the textures came out is lovely. Looked to me a little like Firefall Aranhas area, but that's just my map makers impression from coloring it. Hopefully will work out very nicely.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 06:22:18 PM by EmyLightsaber »
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
Re: TSA, soon to be TC_Hill_Valley
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 05:00:40 PM »
I like it, reminds me of TSA northwind, and thats a very good thing to be reminded of.
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 06:43:43 PM »
Great Scott!

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:49:19 AM »
Added copious amounts of fog, very little trees. I'll have to work on converting it over to TC tomorrow or sometime this coming week. For now, map!:

Screenshots to follow.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:22:27 AM by EmyLightsaber »
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 10:40:48 AM »
I'm thinking I need to tone down the fog a bit.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 02:02:33 PM »
TC_Silent Hill  ;D

I quite like the fog, haha.

Offline Malaclypse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +29/-0
Re: TC_Silent Hill
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »
Nice!  Silent Hill was a great setting.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 06:39:26 PM »
 :-* :-* :-*

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 07:18:21 PM »
Could you have a swampy section that has lots of fog and the rest has less fog maybe?

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 05:21:53 AM »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 06:22:35 PM by EmyLightsaber »

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 05:38:21 AM »
I'm going to talk to haarp about getting this into rotation  ;D

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 10:42:55 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 03:38:34 PM »
Ok!

Spoke to the lord and master himself and it should be in rotation later today  ;)

Offline ELH_KillThemALL

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
  • Eridani Light Horse
    • Eridani Light Horse
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 01:57:18 AM »
 Very well-designed and well-thought map!! Really cool complex landscape with a lot of tactical decisions. Great job! Very high quality standards!!

Сan not wait when map will be on the Funbox server!

Pubs are boring!© Twinkletoes
Fundrops are fun!
Planetary League will makes me into ecstasy!

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 06:43:37 AM »
To the left middle of that pic, there is a cap point, and to the right from where the pic was taken, another cap point is there across the lake.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote: