Author Topic: Steam bad CD key  (Read 11826 times)

Offline TOUGHGUY

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: Steam bad CD key
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 07:12:49 PM »
Hey guys, first off, hello everyone, and second - I have read all the solutions and tricks to the auth (3) problem with Steam versions of Warhead.

None of them work for me.

So my question is, am I in some new kinds of trouble, or are there still any people like me who bought Warhead off Steam and whose troubles extend beyond a badly formatted cd-key? I edited the registry, I ran Crysis Wars, joined a server of the non cracked kind, re-entered my cd key in the game, checked out that autoexec installation thing where you either add the key or delete the part altogether... And if there are such people, what did they do to get it all working - I contacted EA support but have yet to receive a reply.

Even that one tool whose name escapes me right now but that has those three fancy red/green lights to check if you have all things necessary to run MWLL says my cd-key ain't looking valid either, hyphens or no hyphens.

OOPS, I somehow missed the thread right below this one. Herp a derp. Disregard my idiocy.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
Re: Steam bad CD key
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2012, 07:49:28 PM »
Hello. Yep, probably you'll have to get a hold with the EA support for a new CDKey. That thread below this one should help you yes. :)
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).