Author Topic: TSA_New Roland  (Read 10262 times)

Offline ~SJ~Zathrus

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-0
Re: TSA_New Roland
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »
it will be on Huntress this week  8)

Offline TheSneak

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 03:29:17 AM »
I really like this map

There is just one problem (a bug) with it - tanks coming from the island base (the clan side?) get slowed/stopped on both bridges very badly. Tanks also seem to get slowed in the river. This makes it difficult for the island base team to field vehicles

Apart from that I didnt find any bugs and had a lot of fun on this map! Many brave vtol pilots crashed into buildings and there was much rejoicing.

Thanks again Vitos! You rock.
"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about." -A. Einstein

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +162/-0
  • Life is cheap, mechs are expensive.
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 03:58:59 AM »
i also recall the center of the map being very taxing on the framerate, massive frameloss when there was a furball in the city in the center part, but when more spread out I didn't see that problem.

Offline SchnitzlXS

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 05:41:35 PM »
Played the map yesterday. It looks and feels amazing.  :)

One thing though: near the center of the city is a red fence surrounding a building. It looks to be metallic and about 1 meter high. It is also indestructible so when a 100 ton 'Mech crashes into it it cannot pass through. IMHO it would be better if it would be destructible like the one surrounding the bases in TSA_Savannah_Pro.

I know this is a minor thing I am mentioning but it nevertheless would give the map more authenticity.

Otherwise the map is almost perfect. The first real city map I have seen in MWLL. Also made pretty good on that map yesterday 8)

Cheers!

Offline Malaclypse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +29/-0
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »
i also recall the center of the map being very taxing on the framerate, massive frameloss when there was a furball in the city in the center part, but when more spread out I didn't see that problem.

Yeah, played this yesterday on Huntress and with 10 people on a team I was getting 50-70 fps in the bases, 20-30 fps on the edges of the city, and 0-15 fps any time I was near down town and the skyscraper was in the picture.

Map became effectively unplayable so I left and went to another server.

I also observed that the positioning of the clan base appears to be really tempting for them to stand withing turret range and snipe / launch missiles, as the base is adjacent to downtown.  There's also several features, like the bridge with the curved dome above it, that are really tempting for snipers to jump up on while still being within range of base turrets for defense.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 06:16:55 PM »
And that right there is why we can't have nice maps. The engine has a lot of possibilities but the framerate is murderous.
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Werewolf486}12thVR{

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »
I loved that map, the look was great, the idea is awesome, I spent the majority of time in aerospace which was LAGGY, and then as a BA for a bit. I'd like more time on it to really have a idea what more I can tell you, but the download took over half the play time. Wish that would get fixed soon. Here is what I think, you need to do some optimization to make it more playable, see if some of the Dev mappers have some ideas, but you should look at your poly counts on objects and remove things you won't see or don't need. Also try changing the back ground and sky box to see if that helps, I'm no MWLL mapper, but my UT days this stuff helped A LOT.

Great play of the map: Some pain in the ars with a Couger on top of a building giving everyone a hard time (Props to that person). I feel this could turn into a GREAT map with the right work to optimize it, the layout is just spectacular. I look forward to it's progression!
NEW: Cooler Master ATSC840                                                    OLD: Cooler Master ATSC840
ASUS LGA2011 Rampage IV Black Edition/Intel i7-4930K             ASUS LGA775 Rampage Extreme/Intel Q9550S
ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/27" ASUS Monitor                          ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/ 24" ASUS Monitor
16GB Corsair Vengeance/Razor Nostromo/M70,M65 Corsair         8GB OCZ Reaper/ N52te/Sidewinder
Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit                                     Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit
250gb Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/500GB WD Blue x 2 in Raid1        80GB Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/750GB WD Blue x2 in Raid1

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-3
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 06:55:49 AM »
Played the map yesterday. It looks and feels amazing.  :)

One thing though: near the center of the city is a red fence surrounding a building. It looks to be metallic and about 1 meter high. It is also indestructible so when a 100 ton 'Mech crashes into it it cannot pass through. IMHO it would be better if it would be destructible like the one surrounding the bases in TSA_Savannah_Pro.

I know this is a minor thing I am mentioning but it nevertheless would give the map more authenticity.

Otherwise the map is almost perfect. The first real city map I have seen in MWLL. Also made pretty good on that map yesterday 8)

Cheers!

It not first map of the city. There is a very good - TC Urban Jungle . Only why that nobody puts it on the server. I don't remember. That for a problem disturbs it.

Offline SchnitzlXS

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 10:30:11 AM »

It not first map of the city. There is a very good - TC Urban Jungle . Only why that nobody puts it on the server. I don't remember. That for a problem disturbs it.

Urban Jungle :o Sadly never played it.

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +162/-0
  • Life is cheap, mechs are expensive.
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 02:50:36 PM »
i think urban jungle has been left behind by its creator, so maybe it doesn't even work with newest version?

Offline Hellknight

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 03:14:59 PM »
It's very prone to hanging the server it's running on.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 04:20:28 PM »
UJ is a very old map at this point, I don't remember if it was a 0.4.x or even a 0.3.x map, but more than that it had so many objects in it that brought many player PC's to their knees (flying made it worse cause you could see the whole beautiful city). 

Offline Cik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-2
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 04:33:13 PM »
map is incredible vitos, and was great fun to play in viper. had at least 2 drops on it, and both were great fun. my compliments.

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 09:15:59 AM »
I just played a round on New Roland.  It was an enjoyable round, most of which I spent chasing around ASF in an Epona E kicking their asses with my LBX/10.  I noticed the FPS drop as well but it didn't bother me too much, as I spent most of the game looking above me and not at the performance devouring city center. 

Overall not a bad map. 

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline d3jake

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-2
  • [CGB] Pilots Captured Long Toms
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 04:43:26 AM »
I played on this map in the wee hours this morning. I've noticed a couple of things:
  • The ramp leading out of the Clan base, in a Huit Prime becomes a bump-fest where the tank rattles along at ~5-10 kph. I can't recall if any other vehicles acted this way.
  • On a similar note, the water surrounding the clan base slowed my huit to a crawl, while I was beneath it. I ended up needing to back out, and use the rumble-bridge.
  • There are a couple of curved bridges that are hard for Partisans\Huits to get onto smoothly, and while on them, you cannot get up to your full speed, even on the downside.

Any further details wanted?