Author Topic: Finding an Old Version  (Read 1633 times)

Offline crimsonblod

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Finding an Old Version
« on: May 01, 2012, 12:02:51 AM »
I used to have a disk copy of Crysis Warhead and Wars, but I no longer have the disk and am running a new computer. It's one of the games I forgot to transfer to my new laptop. I'll be buying a digital copy of Crysis Warhead on Steam in a few weeks (I'm between jobs right now). However, in the meantime I want to try out the mod on my Crysis 1 install. Does anybody know where I can find a full install of the release just before the game converted to Crysis Wars (I think that means .4.0). I hope this is the right section of the forums, it didn't seem to fit for any of the other sections.

Also, will I even be able to play just the Crysis 1 version?

Offline =CJW= Dhalrin

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
Re: Finding an Old Version
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:03:50 AM »
You probably would, but it would be an awful lot of work for stomping around alone...
Absolutely no Fun allowed on this Bocks!

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 12:09:23 AM »
Do you still have the code for Warhead? AFAIK, the trial version of Wars works just fine, and unlocks the full version when you put in your CD-Key, letting you can connect to all the servers.

At the very least, you could use the trial to stomp around alone in the current version. :P

Offline crimsonblod

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 01:27:07 AM »
As far as stomping around alone, I just am dying to play a new Mech game. Even if it's alone. I got the bug from the free release from Mektek, and it isn't going away. Lol. But I just got a reply from EA and they are going to give me an origin copy of Crysis Wars to replace my old one. I'm just waiting on them to confirm my EA Classic screen name now, so it looks like I won't have to play alone after all. But if for some reason they suddenly change their mind I'll keep the trial in mind.

Ninja edit:
Thanks for replying so quickly guys!