Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 6601 times)

Offline Wolf74

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 03:14:05 PM »
Mechs can travel underwater if there basic armor coverage over all locations. But it does slow them down a good bit. If a mech is about ½ submerged then there speed is slow by about 10 to 16kph if totally underwater it's slowed down by about 40 to 60kph

Offline Sirrom Nivek

• Bondsman
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 02:34:32 PM »
I would imagine also then that heat management would also be altered a bit to the cooler side.  In fact, it should be possible for an overheating mech to enter  the water to cool down much faster than in air.  Also, the cooling effects of water should also allow a mech to fire much longer without overheating in the first place...

Offline Wolf74

• Bondsman
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 06:48:28 PM »
Yes, In CBT If a mech is totaly underwater all it's heatsink can remove one more point of heat per heat cycle. We will have to see what can be done it the code area.

Kzinistzerg

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »
Mechs can be totally submerged, the cockpits are airtight. How else do they fight in those odd environments?

However, I'm not so sure about the pressure-resistance if the cockpit material. I'm sure it would cave in if the cockpit is more than 30, 50 feet under water. Then again, maybe not, if they can fight in space...

Offline xKamikazex

• Creative Director
  • Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
  • Don't lose your head over MWLL
    • Mech Warrior Living Legends
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 09:41:47 AM »
I don't think we'll put a limit on mechs when walking in water. Who doesn't love a Puma bursting out of the water to shoot some PPCs at an unsuspecting hover tank floating across ;D? And for sure we'll try to add extra heat efficiency while standing in water.

However, not everything will be water proof. Tanks and other vehicles will drown if completely submerged. Hover vehicles however may just hover over the water.

Offline lkavadas

• Recruit
  • L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace.
    • SWG EMU
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 12:38:20 AM »
If you're looking for a mech handling model I think Mw3 executed this the best out of the entire series.  Mw4 and Mw2 left me feeling like a guy in a rubber suit.  Mw2 because the cockpit was exceedingly simple and Mw4 because it felt like I was looking out of a helmet visor instead of a view port.

At any rate, you have to include the falling down animations from Mw3.  They were done so well that they would trick my brain into believing the motion, particularly the fall on the back animation.
Davion Heavy Guards
New Avalon, Crucis March, Federated Suns