Author Topic: Terrible performance- game is pretty much unplayable.  (Read 8882 times)

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
Re: Terrible performance- game is pretty much unplayable.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 08:10:49 PM »
could always run it on lowest of low low? 640x480 ;D
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline cookies4you

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 03:53:52 AM »
The FPS drop comes from the fact that you're using a MacBook Pro to game. A MacBook Pro, like most laptops, lacks a dedicated GPU. Even the Mac Mini will run Crysis better than your Pro, because of its GPU. If you can afford a MacBook, I'm pretty sure you can afford to build a 600-1000$ gaming rig. Steer clear from Macs while gaming, however, as the GPU's cannot be upgraded.

Offline Archtus

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »
I'm sure there's a Liberal Arts major somewhere near you... Try selling it to them if you want the money to buy/build a good computer. Heck, even walmart and bestbuy carry better gaming options on budget than Mac...

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 02:31:55 PM »
Unfortunately, you can tweak your laptop all you want but all that effort won't substantially change your gameplay experience imo.  People have spent a good deal of money building new machines that still struggle with the mod.  Before you mess with the hardware go down the CCC route.  If you must =)
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline :(

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-14
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 06:17:13 PM »
I'm sure there's a Liberal Arts major somewhere near you... Try selling it to them if you want the money to buy/build a good computer. Heck, even walmart and bestbuy carry better gaming options on budget than Mac...
lolololololol
The Left Radar boob is your best friend

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 10:53:38 AM »
Milage and opinion will vary, but in my opinion any laptop, mac or otherwise is likely to be less than satisfactory in running this game, than a properly spec'd gaming rig.

Again opinion will vary, but i reckon this game is well worth the cost of building a gaming rig designed for it.

I wish i could offer better advice than that, but i had to replace the box i used to host and play MW4 mercs, when i wanted to step up to the magnificence that is this game.

Either way i hope you can find a way to play this game, the community is a great one, and even at the beta stage the game is great, and its potential as it evolves is very exciting imo
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:19:49 AM by [CG]Anastasius Focht »
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline SmoesHammer

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • That Which is Written, Survives
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 12:13:09 PM »
I'm getting a new rig because of this game, but i was thinking of doing it anyway, this just pushed me over the edge  ;D
Soon™
Intel i5 2500k
GTX 460 SE 1GB GDDR5
16GB DDR3 SDRAM

Offline RL_Nice

• Bondsman
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 07:21:48 PM »
Okay, so I haven't posted in this thread for a while, but I tried reinstalling the mod (that took a while) and turning up the virtual memory while running the game under minimum settings, and performance is passable. It still freezes up a lot on servers with 4-6 players, but at least it isn't unplayable. I haven't tried the larger Huntress servers yet, and I'll give CCC another go.
This is a signature.

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +162/-0
  • Life is cheap, mechs are expensive.
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »
upgrading to a newer machine really makes a world of difference.  My 5 year old PC was only barely sufficient for playing MWLL, but now my new machine keeps the framerate nice and high.

Offline RL_Nice

• Bondsman
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »
Not sure what the rules on Necro'ing are - I couldn't find a post with forum rules. So if I'm breaking any rules, sorry in advance.

Anyways, I'm still running the same shitty old computer from when I posted this a year ago (if you're wondering why, the words "broke college student" should tell you everything you need to know), and I've been wondering if any optimizations have been made to make the mod more manageable on my system. MWO is actually playable on my system now, and I hope MWLL is a similar story. I could test it myself, but I'd rather have an idea of what to expect before I spend the time on re-installing it.

Thanks in advance.
This is a signature.

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2013, 12:23:05 AM »
When was the last time you played?  Development was shut down some time ago, and I don't think many optimizations made it into the last builds.  It may be better for you, it may be worse.

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline RL_Nice

• Bondsman
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2013, 12:51:32 AM »
I think around the original post. I definitely haven't given it a try since development stopped.
This is a signature.

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2013, 12:02:13 PM »
Well there's ya problem!

Don't buy anything from Apple, it's all way overpriced. i.e. You get less for the same cost.
Pretty much this

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »
There have definitely been some performance improvements since then, but if it's enough for your rig... my guess is no ;).