Author Topic: Game Lags, Mechs Don't Spawn and Everything Warps Once Server Has >=20 Players  (Read 21306 times)

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
Defense+ in Comodo could be the cause for different problems. At the very least it seems impossible to compile programs with it running. :P

Something else always seemed strange to me: A process called "audiodg.exe", running in the background. It can use several percent of my CPU. I read up on two hints concerning this problem. Maybe somebody else will try them and find out if they are useful.

1. Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound -> Playback / Default device -> Properties -> deactivate sound enhancements I have not found myself :P

2. Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Multimedia -> stop and disable the "SystemSoundsService"

Offline GB-Bear

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-0
  • Yusss.
As far as I know, Huntress uses Hypernia servers, which are pretty fast and should be able to handle the amount of players. Hypernia used Dual e5520 quadcore Xeon processors, 12gb ram, and a 100mb connection last I knew. Maverick uses something very similar.

I could be the server. Not sure why, unless RAM is getting full on their servers or something :/

Offline J-Me

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +48/-0
Does Comodo have a Network Traffic Scanner?

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
Does Comodo have a Network Traffic Scanner?
Well, every byte send to any IP is registered by the firewall-part. I think that qualifies as a scanner.

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
We swapped to (iirc) NFO a few months back.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
I don't think this is a software problem.

When at home I have the described problems when servers reach 20+ players.

BUT a few times I was at a friends' with my computer, and I never had any problems when playing from there.

So... modem/router/network* setup?

Also I'm pretty sure I didn't have this problem back with vanilla crysis, but only after the switch to wars, so maybe netcode has changed in a way that makes specific routers/modems* choke?

*I'm not sure which is what, so please bear with me...

Edit: I also didn't have any Firewall or Antivirus running when I last played MW:LL.

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline GB-Bear

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-0
  • Yusss.
... What connection is everyone using?

Just tryin' to figure out the link between these problems and maybe a network and network hardware issue. I *generally* do not have the prescribed problems as people in this thread, so I figure I'd compare and contrast and maybe come up with some recurring trend when it comes to these problems.

Here's what I'm using outside of my computer hardware.

Connection Type - Fiber Optic-Coax
Modem Model     - Ubee DOCSIS 3.0d
Router Model      - Belkin F71D1301 V1
Avg. Download   - 25.43 Mbps
Avg. Upload        - 4.30   Mbps
Avg. Ping            - 8.67    ms

Computer is hooked up by Cat5 Ethernet cable to the Belkin Router. Wireless is for my simple task lazy laptop.

Average speeds measured by doing 5 back-to-back speed tests via speedtest.net, throwing out the highest and lowest scores, and averaging the remaining 3. Hence the weird ping average.

I do not use the software provided with the router. I don't know why it's needed really, except to maybe set your own password easily for the wireless networking. Seems like an unneeded background process to me, so I never use it. :P

Cable used to feed the modem is currently a 100ft white random from RadioShack. That's about all I know about it. sometimes it's by a 4ft random from wal-mart ran through a splitter while the 100ft feeds the TV for cable. Doesn't seem to affect it any.

Anything else I'm missing Network wise that is outside of the computer?

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1

Router/Modem (we only got one box doing it all): Speedport W 503 V
Avg. Download   - 0.998 Mbps
Avg. Upload        - 0.133   Mbps
Avg. Ping            - 82    ms  (funnily that's about the same regardless whether the server is in germany or the US. I blame my ISP)

Router and PC are connected via ~15m long Cat.5

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline MaddPhish

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Joined Huntress with the pop at 14. Everything was running nice for a while till population jumped to 23 and then the connection error icon was a common sight on my screen. Seems 20 is the magic number. Connection is also wired, and this PC is the only thing plugged into the modem. Funnily enough this very issue is what drove me to try Game Booster in the first place. I've also got all the ingame graphical options cranked down to minimum, but this seems not to help matters much either. My FPS is rather steady, yet when this kicks in it's noticeable with me and other mechs rubberbanding quite a bit.

Offline MaddPhish

• Bondsman
Running an I7 920, GTX260, 12GB DDR3 RAM.

Really nothing on hardware wise on my rig has changed and the connection issues are limited to MWLL. Seems to be the issue J-ME linked, yet I turn off anti-virus when gaming to make sure it doesn't interfere as well as using Game Booster 3. Still last time I played I could do something as simple as launching BA SRM's while standing on flat ground without murdering myself half the time, and no I'm not speaking of instances where they might hit cover I'm hiding behind. As for servers...Well there's MechWar XL, Funbocks, and Huntress that are populated at all. Not a whole lot of choice unless I want to connect to one of the RUS servers and deal with a ping of over 200. It turns into a case of joining a server and praying not too many join or just not deal with the hassle and hope the next release fixes the issue. As I understand it this seems to be an issue with Crysis Wars. Between this and Far Cry 2 kinda makes me leery of purchasing another product from Crytek.

Edit: Copied from another thread. I've had this occur on MechWars XL, Funbocks and Huntress. Running Avast! antivirus

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +162/-0
  • Life is cheap, mechs are expensive.
Between this and Far Cry 2 kinda makes me leery of purchasing another product from Crytek.

FYI Far Cry 2 was not Crytek btw, it was Ubisoft.  Crysis 2 however is Crytek.

Besides that I think you should probably not be using Game Booster, I think its a sugar pill.

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
Between this and Far Cry 2 kinda makes me leery of purchasing another product from Crytek.

FYI Far Cry 2 was not Crytek btw, it was Ubisoft.  Crysis 2 however is Crytek.

Besides that I think you should probably not be using Game Booster, I think its a sugar pill.

Have you ever used it?
It's not a sugar pill.

I use it all the time when I need to free up a shitload of processes when certain programs launch.
Also, the Free Advanced System Care iobit offers is also worth using. Hell, I even bought the full version for $10.
It's amazing. 
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline MaddPhish

• Bondsman
In either case this lag and stuttering is the reason I tried GameBooster in the first place. It didn't help with it at all so I haven't bothered with it since. Toying with network hardware setups and even unistalling my anti-virus for a bit hasn't helped. With the stats on these servers I'm starting to wonder if this just an engine issue.

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
im thinking that any of my issues with that fine little red x that pops up are mostly issues with my ISP, which is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

but my clanmate colonel gets disconnected from huntress at least once per round, then not again until the next map. seems to happen consistently too. I get disconnected, but its a booting due to shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit ping that happens for no reason.

the internet hates CSF aparently.
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline Pirat

• Bondsman
hey all,
i have the same probs with all servers above 20 players.
the only thing that I've found is the following router log.

20.04.2012 19:09:31 **Ping of Death/Tear Drop** 74.91.113.213, 64101->> 192.168.2.101, 64913 (von PPPoE1 - Eingang)
20.04.2012 19:09:29 **Ping of Death/Tear Drop** 74.91.113.213, 64101->> 192.168.2.101, 64913 (von PPPoE1 - Eingang)
20.04.2012 19:09:12 **fragmentation flood** 74.91.113.213, 64101->> 192.168.2.101, 64913 (von PPPoE1 - Eingang)

74.91.113.213:64101  is  Huntress - The Jaguars Den Server.

According to some posts in the forum, we do not need port forwarding.....

so whats going on there ?

greetz