Author Topic: Debug mode damaged the launcher  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Mattk50

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-0
Debug mode damaged the launcher
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:42:34 AM »
Opened the launcher, enabled debug mode, disabled it, suddenly the launcher crashes and every attempt to open it gives me "the launcher could not detect an MWLL build in its current folder ad therefore cannot start" and asks me to run the auto updator. The updator says everything is fine and up to date though.

DO i need to reinstall the whole game?

strook

Re: Debug mode damaged the launcher
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 02:51:10 PM »
hmmm i suppose you have a virus on your system?

i think there ran something in the background while you were playing with your controls of the starter.

in mfc, nothing happens until the dialog is closed.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »
Opened the launcher, enabled debug mode, disabled it, suddenly the launcher crashes and every attempt to open it gives me "the launcher could not detect an MWLL build in its current folder ad therefore cannot start" and asks me to run the auto updator. The updator says everything is fine and up to date though.

DO i need to reinstall the whole game?

Most likely the err is caused by a corrupt or missing mwll.dll in either MWLL/bin32 or 64.

You have a few options before reinstalling MWLL, its only a last resorts here, and can be done easily if the .zip files have been kept during installation of MWLL (See MWLL/Updates for the originally downloaded files).

Check the link for the MWLL.Launcher is correct, it should be fine if the Launcher can execute itself.

Check your MWLL installation is intact in its original installed location, i.e. Crysis Wars/Mods/MWLL. After this try and execute the MWLL.Launcher manually and then create a new link to the launcher.

Delete the mwll.dll and mwll_debug.dll files within either bin32 or bin63, depended on which OS architecture you are trying to execute. Then rename the mwll_release.dll to mwll.dll and start the MWLL.Launcher and repair the build afterwards to reconstruct the .dll files. Elsewhere the original .dlls for the latest release can be found in MWLL-OpenBeta-Patch-0.5.4 located in the MWLL/Updates folder.

You can reinstall MWLL by extracting the build via the files kept during download/update of the MOD. They can be found in Crysis Wars/Mods/MWLL/Updates and My Games/Crysis Wars/MWLL/Updates. Remember to extract all builds from Beta 0.5.0 and onwards.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Mattk50

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 08:40:56 AM »
I went through your suggestions and i found that it had deleted the MWLL.dll in the bin32 folder, which was making it think there was no game installed. Everything is working fine again, thanks!