Author Topic: Hephs have Heavy armour?  (Read 5669 times)

Offline Zippitt

• MWLL Developer
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-0
Re: Hephs have Heavy armour?
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2011, 04:29:22 PM »
I was chewing through Harrasers with the LT Gauss Fafnir, I was only hitting sides. I had the gauss setup for chain fire and with each successful single shot I could see the Harrasers armor change in color. I don't know about HG or IHG, but LTGs work amazing on them.

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2011, 07:45:36 PM »
Well that Variant is beastly

At one point I was against a Puma (one with the LBX10 and ERPPC), an Uziel prime and a MKII B at the same time (at like a max of 500 meters and they quickly closed in). I took off the Puma's ERPPC, took out the Uzi's side torso, and took off one of the MKII's UAC20 arms and it's side torso and brought it's CT down to red. After they killed me I critted and took the MKII out with the splosion 8)

Pretty good for 4 LTGauss against 3 mechs at brawling distance

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2011, 11:22:27 AM »
I have to say... it used to be possible to take on a flamasser in BA if you were very good. Now it's... well, I haven't done it since they're basically a super-fast Oro now. The problem probably existed since the Hull, but people didn't really use flamassers because flamers sucked and they were afraid of dakka.

Offline korenwolf

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2011, 05:15:56 PM »
I kind of liked the balance between light aa and hovercraft damage before, it allowed a good measured response to shut down a group marauding in heps and hassers. I say that as someone who likes to marauding in hovercrafts. In hovercrafts the biggest asset is speed and you had enough armor that you could run away when faced with a paty or a huit, but still it allowed you to chase down injured mechs, until they ran for their aa cover.

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 02:40:21 AM »
I kind of liked the balance between light aa and hovercraft damage before, it allowed a good measured response to shut down a group marauding in heps and hassers. I say that as someone who likes to marauding in hovercrafts. In hovercrafts the biggest asset is speed and you had enough armor that you could run away when faced with a paty or a huit, but still it allowed you to chase down injured mechs, until they ran for their aa cover.

QFT

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

Offline Evgen

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2012, 08:33:24 PM »
Hephs and Harrassers armor has rediculous resistance vs RAC

Offline ~SJ~MausGMR

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +83/-7
  • Oh snap...
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »
Hephs and Harrassers armor has rediculous resistance vs RAC

Really not true, go and boot up your own server and time how long it takes to kill a harasser/heph with a RAC. The only exception to this is the Harasser D, which will be receiving an armour reduction.

<Freeborn_Toad> what's a Maus?
<Razorin-Faust> It's what you get when Chuck Norris and Natasha Kerensky have a kid : Maus

The prodigal son has returned

Offline Evgen

• Recruit
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2012, 11:03:36 PM »
I would not post anything if I did not test , so go and test yourself.
You need 250 rounds (out of total 300 available) of direct! RAC hits to take down front armor and H (hull?) armor of Harasser E. Now imagine when it moves and you have to hit it with RAC VTOL which has 1 ton free for 300 more RAC ammo.

Harasser is very fast, cheap, very reponsive in term of control and easy to aim asset. It does not require a lot of skill to play so why it has to be so armored?

Offline ~SJ~MausGMR

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +83/-7
  • Oh snap...
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2012, 11:27:54 PM »
190 rounds in the front of a harasser E (with about 10% shots hitting side due to cone of fire spread) at 300 m killed it, which equates to 22.5 seconds worth of gunfire (which includes overheat cooling and initial spin up time).

This compares to an osiris prime requiring 184 shots to kill at 300m, taking 22 seconds of total fire time.

Thus, it is not at all a case of the harasser being too 'tough', just the fact that it has changed from last patch and thus, what you were used to has changed. The advantages of the harassers survivability come from its speed and ability to get in and out of situations it does not want to be a part of. The asset is not unbalanced because it is difficult to hit, due its low survivability when compared to other units. It is merely more difficult to deal with using that weapon system than say, something using a gauss style weapon.

One of the main differences we are more than likely experiencing in our tests is the current issues with the harasser model taking damage properly to its roof, which will be addressed in the future.

For the sake of comparison, it only takes 9 LT gauss shots to the front armour to destroy a harasser E, and although the total time is around 46 seconds, it does have much less of an impact on your total ammo reserves than using a RAC5.

Of course, if your the pro Vtol pilot I thought you were, I'm sure you can make your way round to the rear armour and kill the thing in half the time =) (around 14 seconds total)

<Freeborn_Toad> what's a Maus?
<Razorin-Faust> It's what you get when Chuck Norris and Natasha Kerensky have a kid : Maus

The prodigal son has returned

Offline Squibby

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +54/-0
  • Hanger to core breach in 30 seconds...
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »
Also it appears that hovers (well the heph at least) get bumped about like aircraft by light AC / RAC / mgun fire.

I tried to take on a LtGauss + Mgun partyvan and died in a surprisingly short time, The mguns do a fair amount of damage it seems and I was being jolted about so bad I couldn't keep my lasers on target.

Offline Mekabuser=12thVR=

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-0
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2012, 12:54:26 AM »
this means that new clan asset hover thingy is gonna be a mofo right?
harrassers  and hephs should have a engine crit if it is gonna be so bad ass. We will see just how tough they are after the bug is fixed.
all and all ,m all for as much variety on the battlefield as possible.

Offline Evgen

• Recruit
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2012, 11:35:14 AM »
We will see just how tough they are after the bug is fixed.

What bug?

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2012, 11:45:06 AM »
We will see just how tough they are after the bug is fixed.

What bug?

Right now the hit-boxes are screwy, making the top of the Harasser invulnerable, sides are still good though

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer