Author Topic: Clan Extended Range Pulse Lasers  (Read 11780 times)

Offline =CJW=YalK

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +96/-1
  • There's no brakes on the Rape Train
Re: Clan Extended Range Pulse Lasers
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 07:30:38 PM »
Wait....is that a picture of it? And that doesn't look like a joke too you?

Come now, honestly....by the way jihad is worthless, like I said basic clan tech all the way....I don't even use ATMs

Expecting understanding and empathy on the internet (especially in Toast [especially by Bill]) = fail.
And I say hey hey hey....I said hey, what's goin' on And I say hey.... hey....I said hey, what's goin' on? >>> THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNAwUUsc0

Offline 1N4001

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-0
  • no fun allowed
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 07:35:31 PM »
lol that pic is unrelated. superheavies are real, bro

lvl2 forever!

Offline =CJW=YalK

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +96/-1
  • There's no brakes on the Rape Train
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 07:59:19 PM »
I don't believe you  8)

Nor would I hesitate to laugh at anyone's incredibly small penis for fielding such a machine....much less if they
actually bought the mini....

Expecting understanding and empathy on the internet (especially in Toast [especially by Bill]) = fail.
And I say hey hey hey....I said hey, what's goin' on And I say hey.... hey....I said hey, what's goin' on? >>> THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNAwUUsc0

Offline 1N4001

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-0
  • no fun allowed
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 08:08:15 PM »
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Jihad:_Final_Reckoning

RULES ANNEX
    Superheavy 'Mechs (Experimental)

Maschinengeist

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 04:22:13 AM »
Superheavy mechs will probably not see much play, anyway...the cost for that one unit would be astronomical, as well as being a rather large, slow target for artillery.

Essentially, a very slow, walking firebase.

Offline Nebfer

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +28/-0
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 06:14:29 AM »
This is a pic of the only currently canonical super heavy mech the Omega. -found at the B-tech websites gallery

It's 150 tons moves at 2/3 and is armed with 3x Gauss Rifles and a pair of LBX-10s and has 27 tons of regular armor (also has C3I and Case II)

The mechs in the back ground are Revenant class Drone mechs (with a Ratler II mobile orbital defense system of in the distance).

While super heavys have a number of disadvantages (like being slow and big targets, including an attacker to hit bonus for being such a big target and not being able to mount various enhancements like TSM, MASC or jump jets) they do have a few advantages, they have an easier time on rough terrain, and can carry a lot of bulky gear with little issue, many items only take half as many slots (round up, so IS double heat sinks act like clan double sinks (which in turn act like singles)).

After all B-tech has experimented with superheavys before (Amaris' folly), and by the "dark age" time frame the ROS has a prototype as well. As with much of ROS tech they are working off WoB tech...
==================================
Note Hyper Assault Gauss Rifles are not "Level 3" they practically "level 2" gear, as are all Particle cannons out side of capacitors.
Level 2 being effectively Tournament legal stuff

Also note by 3090 the following gear is also technically "Level 2"
Clan Watchdog CEWS
Combat vehicle fuel cells
Improved Heavy Gauss Rifles
Silver Bullet Gauss Rifles (LBX Gauss)
Magshot Gauss Rifles (vehicle scale)
Enhanced LRMs (reduced min ranges)
Improved one shots
Blazer cannons
Thunderbolt missiles
Rifle cannons are also in use

And the other experimental weapons have dropped from experimental to advanced rules (i.e. limited production instead of prototypes).

Offline Scope and Laser

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-6
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 08:39:14 AM »
The thing that makes that specific super-heavy mech retarded is the simple "WHY DOESN'T IT HAVE TWO ENGINES?!", combined with the much more obvious, "Why the fapp is it all-ballistic in loadout? It has 20 fapping double heat sinks, USE THEM!"

I swear, all-ballistic loadouts piss me off. Especially ones that spam gauss rifles instead of swapping one for a PPC and a plethora of medium lasers.

Anyway, the extra space in super-heavies means it should have no problem with fitting two 200 engines instead of a 400, meaning it holds 20 free HS instead of 10.

But they don't for some reason...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:23:56 AM by Cloak and Dagger »

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 08:52:32 AM »
Because that would be absolutely retarded.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline Scope and Laser

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 09:00:10 AM »
Because that would be absolutely retarded.

You mean it would actually make super-heavies useful. That's the reason they don't do it.

The same reason vehicles can't have DHS.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 09:04:41 AM »
Wow.

If you're going to munchkin, you should at least be good at it.

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 09:07:21 AM »
It's not a matter of making super-heavies useful - it's a matter of you having a boner for the CERLBL the size of Italy. Also having 2 engines would take up twice as much room giving you even less space for heatsinks, making that stupider than just boating double heatsinks, unless you're counting on some stupid ubermunch idea of jamming a million heatsinks inside each engine.

Offline Leeko

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +76/-4
  • Clan Jade Wolf Resident Perma-Cadet
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 09:19:47 AM »
Two 200 engines don't weigh the same as one 400. You would be doubling the engine weight and halving your available crits for half the engine's weight in heatsinks and some speed. I'm not even sure if build rules exist for multiple engines. Do a little research before you make sweeping generalizations.
#mwll, where all the anuschat happens
(2:46:59 PM) Pytak: vicious anus
(2:47:09 PM) haarp: it hungers
(2:48:01 PM) Pytak: for moar

(11:38:04 AM) Merf: I can touch everything.
(11:38:07 AM) Merf: Prepare your anus
(11:38:50 AM) Merf: It is okay. I am your father, which makes it totally not creepy

Offline Scope and Laser

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 09:23:23 AM »
It's not a matter of making super-heavies useful - it's a matter of you having a boner for the CERLBL the size of Italy. Also having 2 engines would take up twice as much room giving you even less space for heatsinks, making that stupider than just boating double heatsinks, unless you're counting on some stupid ubermunch idea of jamming a million heatsinks inside each engine.

*Unsure if fusion engines take 6 slots or 3 in a superheavy. Assuming regular space.

Two 200 engines would take up 12 crits, and weight 19 tons. One could go in the left torso, and another in the right. Or both could fill one side torso.

They would hold default 20 heat sinks, and leave 4 un-allocated, so the extras would take 4 crits, assuming they are DHS.

So now you have 40 heat dissipation and plenty of room and weight. Perfect, super-heavies are useful now.

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
NO NO NO NO. If your arm gets destroyed the damage travels into the side torso and gives you twice as many chances to take an engine crit PER SIDE, for a total of 4x as many chances to take engine crits before a side torso is totally cored. Losing either one of those engines would completely brick the leg it's powering. It still takes twice as many crit slots. If a DHS is 1 crit slot to a superheavy, it is STILL more effective weight AND crit wise to just boat DHS. Why don't you understand this?

Offline Scope and Laser

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »
Double post.