Author Topic: Game is Completely Unplayable  (Read 7368 times)

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
Re: Game is Completely Unplayable
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 02:02:00 PM »
You're reading him wrong - unless cryhammer can validate your cd-key with the master server, the Crysis Wars PB servers are used, and referenced heavily in all the stickies, for validating your key to allow online play with all servers, which is what he's getting at. No PB server, no key validation, no play game. Does cryhammer validate your key with the master server? If so, those stickies need updating pronto to reflect this.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 03:11:32 PM »
As far as I know, the key does not need to be "validated". The installation instructions list this method to check whether your key is simply valid in the first place, by itself, since a regular Punkbuster-enabled Crysis Wars server is typically not "hacked" or configured to not check for the CD-Key. So connecting to such a server would tell you, if your key is valid (or properly inserted in the registry).

If this is the case, then yes, all the instructions should be updated to use the CryHammer tool instead, since this is much, much more convenient and foolproof.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2012, 04:14:53 PM »
Spooky is right, its suggested to join a Crysis Wars punkbuster server because most likely it will not be modified to bypass the CDKey validation. I think its an extra step that's not needed, because MWLL will probably ask for a CDKey if it doesn't finds one, in the same way Crysis Wars would, and all servers besides Funblocks will be validating your CDKey.

CryHammer attemps to directly connect the same Gamespy address and creates/modifies the needed entries/files when the CDKey is valid, much like a normal server would. What it does besides that is this:
  • A CDKey is checked with and without its dashes (many players had a dashes issue with the Steam version);
  • The file installscript.vdf is updated as well if a CDKey from the Steam version needs to be modified;
  • Lets a player know if its CDKey is valid or not in a straight forward way, because it only depends on the CDKey itself, not on other possible issues with a Gamespy account/server connecting problems/punkbuster not updated/etc.

Its been useful on that last item because it clears any doubts about the CDKey, which is what I wanted to help on to speed up the troubleshooting process.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 04:27:06 PM by Bruno_007 »
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2012, 06:17:10 PM »
Well but the post you quoted has nothing to do with it, and its from November 2011. :P

And hey I'm trying to help! Anyway it seems I have the upper edge for now, I killed you today when you were in the sulla and me in a corsair. ;D
don't push it but do tell me how did you get me i could use some tips for flying i could really use  some advice on flying aero as i can Never hit anyone in the air. (the ground is a difrent story :P)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:30:25 PM by Alex Kerensky »
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2012, 06:53:58 PM »
Basically this, controls wise:

Quote from: Warlord Kentax
Aerospace and VTOL Controls

remove 'r' and 'c' from pitch up and pitch down
remove 'a' and 'd' from turn left and right
add 'a' as rotate/roll left
add 'd' as rotate/roll right
remove 'maxis_x' from rotate/roll left/right
add 'maxis_x' as turn left/right
invert pitch should be 'yes'
invert yaw (turn) should be 'yes'
invert roll should be 'no'
change level out to 'space'

It will allow you to aim with more precision in an Aerospace, because now you'll have turn left/right in the mouse instead of the A/D keys.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2012, 08:21:57 PM »
You're reading him wrong

Yikes, you're right. My bad.

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 02:03:42 AM »
Basically this, controls wise:

Quote from: Warlord Kentax
Aerospace and VTOL Controls

remove 'r' and 'c' from pitch up and pitch down
remove 'a' and 'd' from turn left and right
add 'a' as rotate/roll left
add 'd' as rotate/roll right
remove 'maxis_x' from rotate/roll left/right
add 'maxis_x' as turn left/right
invert pitch should be 'yes'
invert yaw (turn) should be 'yes'
invert roll should be 'no'
change level out to 'space'

It will allow you to aim with more precision in an Aerospace, because now you'll have turn left/right in the mouse instead of the A/D keys.
i use freespace controls as that's how i've been use to flying.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.