Author Topic: Game is Completely Unplayable  (Read 7374 times)

Offline MWIggy

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: Game is Completely Unplayable
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 02:52:03 PM »
So strange...  I guess i didn't know what punkbuster was...  you have to join a game with the little purple dot in the fourth column, is that right?

So i never did that... i just joined any game with players...

Now i can't connect (nor could i ever) when i run a 64-bit version, or with punk-buster...

Is a used CD-Key OK?  Or do i need one that is brand new never used?

I just found out for Battlefield 3 that used copies don't work online without paying $10 for a new code to play multi-player (kind BS IMO).

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 04:11:28 PM »
So strange...  I guess i didn't know what punkbuster was...  you have to join a game with the little purple dot in the fourth column, is that right?

So i never did that... i just joined any game with players...

True as noted by Spooky here. Punkbuster protected servers use this symbol.

Now i can't connect (nor could i ever) when i run a 64-bit version, or with punk-buster...

Please attach your Game.log found in the root folder of Crysis Wars, if this is persistent.

Is a used CD-Key OK?  Or do i need one that is brand new never used?

I just found out for Battlefield 3 that used copies don't work online without paying $10 for a new code to play multi-player (kind BS IMO).

If you have purchased your copy used, there is a possibility that the key have been used by another Client. Check with EA support: https://help.ea.com/  to validate your CD-Key, they will hopefully give you a new CD-Key for free, as long as you can submit proof of the purchase.

NB: Please only post in one topic at a time, spreading your issue across topics is not helpful and it will at worst limit the response. I'd really like to reserve this topic for clackw3rk for the time being, else it will become a mess responding to.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline zZDARKNESSxz

• Bondsman
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 06:05:04 AM »
Hello all. Like him i also have a problem with mwll. I can start the game, and everything looks fine but every time i restart the game i loose all my stats! For example the last game i played i was a sargent. I had to get off for dinner and when i got back on i was a private again. This has now happend to me 25 times. I really need help! Thanks!

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 06:27:09 AM »
Your rank is not persistent. On every map/server change, your rank will reset. This ain't no Call of Duty. :P

Offline Decayed

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 08:38:27 AM »
I found the game run better if i force DX9 & 64Bit (I use win7 x64)
If i dont force dx9 i get crashes every few mins

Offline pickles2012

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 08:59:41 PM »
Thought I'd chime in here as I was having the same problem and found a solution that worked on one of my computers that was having trouble.  Here's my post quoted:

Recently reinstalled win7 x64 on both machines, on the first machine it's steam account already owned warhead and install of crysis wars launching, joining etc. as well as installation and playing of MWLL 5.5 went fine on that machine. Then I gifted a copy of crysis wars to the other account and installed, launched and joined multiplayer no problem. However when I got "Server Authentication Failed (3)" error after I installed MWLL and patched to 5.5 on that second machine with the new steam copy of crysis wars, I tried editing the Crysis Wars installscript.vdf file and adding dashes in the cd key there as well as copying it directly to the clipboard from steam and pasting it in with notepad and still got the error. I finally tried this solution and it worked:

quoted from:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1694499

"IF 64bit VERSION
Open regedit (run->regedit).

Follow this path: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Electronic Arts\\Electronic Arts\\Crysis Wars\\ergc"

Double click "default" to edit the key.

Put a "-" (without the ") after every 4th character (example: 1ab2-cd34-e5f6-g78h).

Launch game and (it) worked."
3 x 16:10 monitors on a 6950 2gb run off a Q9550 2.8g 775 socket
rat 7, steel battalion controller in the wings

Offline Sgt Doom

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 01:06:39 AM »
Regarding the CD key problem, I found this immensely useful
http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/2011-01/steam-cd-key-issues/

You can do it that way, or the registry edit way, but keep in mind you have to change the permissions for the registry entry so that it cannot be edited or deleted by your user account, or any that can start and use Steam and Crysis Wars.
There's a more in-depth description of the registry method here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1694499

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +165/-14
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 06:40:36 PM »
Once again, EA being complete cocks screws our mod over.  ;)
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline ~SJ~Zathrus

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-0
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »
yes that is usually a cd key issue.

Offline ArmorPlated

• Bondsman
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 04:29:12 AM »
The fact that there are no accessible Punkbuster-enabled Crysis Wars servers is one of the things keeping me from finally getting this absurdly long setup over with. I know you people love this mod, but with how difficult it is to litterally get to, I'm not surprised your population isn't more than a handful or two.

I can't play anything but FunBocks servers, which leads me to believe that's why they're so popular.

Can I get some help here? I can't follow the directions to fix this, and I can't play any other servers without fixing it.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 04:39:42 AM »
Find cryhammer.rar.  Use that to verify your key AND set your registry with it as well, no need for crysis wars servers.

Offline ArmorPlated

• Bondsman
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2012, 05:03:55 AM »
finally found a link to that. turns out my CD Key is completely useless. Fantastic.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2012, 06:00:13 AM »
It seems like almost every new player now is given a bad CDKey... Oh EA, that's quite a problem. The solution is to contact EA support for them to replace yours.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,18492.msg327017.html#msg327017
http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,18371.msg327462.html#msg327462

Check one of these posts, should guide you through the process of requesting a new CDKey.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012, 06:01:36 AM »
I have tried all the things mentioned in this post. Nothing works still... So, still unplayable.

If it helps any I have the steam version of Crysis wars.
I use the Desura launcher and here's what happens: Lancher for MWLL loads. prompts update. update happens. Desura turns around and promts that my files need to be verified, then Desura says its need to redownload. WAIT FOR WHOLE 2 GIGS TO DOWNLOAD......
Ok, Desura has crashed. Now I have to reinstall...... WAIT ANOTHER 2 GIGS of downloading. Ok yay! now i can play, load game. launcher prompts for same update. rinse repeat for infinite amount of times.

I have reinstalled this game so many times there's a hole in my HDD now....
Ok now for Crysis Wars. steam has it fully updated, but I try to manually install the 1.5 patch or whatever the newest one is. Crysis wars now crashes constantly and then wont load. Steam now won't launch Crysis Wars at all and recommends me verify the files. I do this and... you guessed it.... WAIT FOR 2 GIG DOWNLOAD...... ok now everything is back to the way it was. I still can't play MWLL. Nothing will patch, nothing will work.

However, I did manage to get the login thing to work for gamespy, but again was greeted by empty server list.
I really am just at wits end here.
I'm done fooling with this game as it is wasting my time now.

This game looks like so much fun, and I have always been a fan of the MW series.
To see such a effort put into a game that no one can play, it's a shame really. and if this happened to me who knows how manys others it affecting. anyways, thanks for trying to help me.
if no one has said it steam also seems to give out invalid cd keys. *Shoots Bruno with ERPPC*
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2012, 08:08:49 AM »
Well but the post you quoted has nothing to do with it, and its from November 2011. :P

And hey I'm trying to help! Anyway it seems I have the upper edge for now, I killed you today when you were in the sulla and me in a corsair. ;D
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).