Author Topic: Game is Completely Unplayable  (Read 7372 times)

Offline clackw3rk

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Game is Completely Unplayable
« on: November 03, 2011, 06:52:42 PM »
I've been trying to get this game to run for about 16 hours now and thus, have given up.
I can get the game to run no problems, but for some reason I cannot get online. Every time I log into game spy it tells me that my password is invalid. Even though my login and ID works fine on the website..

I even tried making a new login and password, which did let me login. But again I was disappointed to the fact that no one in chat could speak English and that no sever were displayed. So again I cannot play this mod at all...
Upon exiting the game and restarting I went to login using my new user name and password and again was rejected by invalid password.. even tho I JUST made this account and there's no way the password is wrong.

I even tried single player to see if you guys did that, but it was nothing. nothing worked. the game just froze up.
So if this game IS multiplayer only then I can log in only by creating new accounts and making my own servers to play on by myself(which in turn doesn't work, so again unplayable game...).

What am I missing? I see others playing fine.

Here are my system specs:
AMD Phenom II x6 1100T @3.6ghz
Gigabyte mainboard slot AM3/ddr3
8gigs DDR3 pc12800
2 TB WD HDD in raid 0
Nvidia Geforce 580 GTX

I can run crysis, wars, cry2, bf3 all at complete max settings no problem. so I don't think it's a system problem.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-37
  • my little pwny
Re: Game is Completely Unplayable
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 07:02:19 PM »
This is not a problem of MWLL, but more a problem of Crysis/Gamespy in general. I too had this issue recently.

Try the following:
  • Start Crysis Wars (without MWLL).
  • Go to the Multiplayer part and choose to create a new Gamespy Account.
  • Create a new, unique username. However, you are able to use the email address and password of your regular Gamespy account, which you confirmed to work on the website.
  • Exit the game and now try again with MWLL.

Offline Perigren

• Alphatester
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
  • Eh?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »
Spooky has it right, part of the install procedure it to launch Wars and log on to a server there by validating your gsa account name and pw. Once that is done you should be able to launch MW:LL see and joiun the servers.

GL, Peri
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T BE @ 3.2 Ghz,ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX-B 135mm Long life bearing CPU Cooler
ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (4 x 2GB)  DDR3 1333
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5, 2x 21.5" Samsung LED monitors(BX-2231)
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 full ATX case
Kingston 96 Gb SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM SATA III
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Offline Vlaad

• Lead Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-1
  • 80 percent human
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 07:12:49 PM »
Hi, welcome to mwll forums! You have the search option when your logged in it will help in the future...

I've been trying to get this game to run for about 16 hours now and thus, have given up.
I can get the game to run no problems, but for some reason I cannot get online. Every time I log into game spy it tells me that my password is invalid. Even though my login and ID works fine on the website..

I even tried making a new login and password, which did let me login.

When you create user an pass and log in, on the screen that shows server on your upper right corner of the screen you will have options. Choose auto login so it will log you in automatically and will game never again ask for user name and pass as long as option is active. Or what spooky said.

...no sever were displayed. So again I cannot play this mod at all...

Make sure that you have upgraded your patch to latest version. Take a closer look in your mwll launcher. There is an update option that should upgrade your build to proper version. Current release is 0.5.3.
pew-pew

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • my little pwny
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 07:13:13 PM »
Spooky has it right, part of the install procedure it to launch Wars and log on to a server there by validating your gsa account name and pw. Once that is done you should be able to launch MW:LL see and joiun the servers.

GL, Peri
Yes, but apart from that, Crysis and/or Gamespy seem to have issues on their own with these accounts. There are similar "how tos" on the web only dealing with Crysis or Crysis Wars. For some reason the login will simply not work, even if the credentials should be the right ones. I was even unable to let it send me the password, to ensure I got it right, but even that fails.

// ah, and make sure Crysis Wars is patched to the latest version as well.

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »
// ah, and make sure Crysis Wars is patched to the latest version as well.

should be 1.5 iirc for Crysis Wars

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline clackw3rk

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 07:03:46 AM »
I have tried all the things mentioned in this post. Nothing works still... So, still unplayable.

If it helps any I have the steam version of Crysis wars.
I use the Desura launcher and here's what happens: Lancher for MWLL loads. prompts update. update happens. Desura turns around and promts that my files need to be verified, then Desura says its need to redownload. WAIT FOR WHOLE 2 GIGS TO DOWNLOAD......
Ok, Desura has crashed. Now I have to reinstall...... WAIT ANOTHER 2 GIGS of downloading. Ok yay! now i can play, load game. launcher prompts for same update. rinse repeat for infinite amount of times.

I have reinstalled this game so many times there's a hole in my HDD now....
Ok now for Crysis Wars. steam has it fully updated, but I try to manually install the 1.5 patch or whatever the newest one is. Crysis wars now crashes constantly and then wont load. Steam now won't launch Crysis Wars at all and recommends me verify the files. I do this and... you guessed it.... WAIT FOR 2 GIG DOWNLOAD...... ok now everything is back to the way it was. I still can't play MWLL. Nothing will patch, nothing will work.

However, I did manage to get the login thing to work for gamespy, but again was greeted by empty server list.
I really am just at wits end here.
I'm done fooling with this game as it is wasting my time now.

This game looks like so much fun, and I have always been a fan of the MW series.
To see such a effort put into a game that no one can play, it's a shame really. and if this happened to me who knows how manys others it affecting. anyways, thanks for trying to help me.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 07:58:08 AM »
You are quite tenacious for trying to figure it out on your own, it's too bad you didn't come looking for help sooner, or you probably wouldn't have gotten so fed up with it.

The first thing we would have told you is to try installing the mod without Desura. It sounds like that's causing you a lot of issues, and would keep you from having to download so much data. You can find it at http://www.mwlldownload.com/

Secondly, can tell you that if you have the Steam version of Wars, there is no need to apply the 1.5 patch; it is automatically applied.

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 08:04:57 AM »
Its really important that you install crysis wars, then patch it(or if steamed check its patched as per the post above), then before you try and install MWLL connect to a standard wars server.
You need to actually join a server and shoot a few rounds.
Then quit and install MWLL.
And always "run as administrator" when running any of the files.

You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline clackw3rk

• Bondsman
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 08:26:34 AM »
Ok ill try again after I get off work tomorrow to install wihout desura. Maybe it should be taken off the d/l page if this is a rolling issue

Offline MWIggy

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 02:10:56 PM »
So lets say i started the MWLL before i played online with Crysis, does that mean i have to start over? I've done everything else...  but have no desire to play Crysis any more...  (not that i ever really played)..

Offline Snow Gibbon

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-8
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 02:19:18 PM »
So lets say i started the MWLL before i played online with Crysis, does that mean i have to start over? I've done everything else...  but have no desire to play Crysis any more...  (not that i ever really played)..

I believe you just have to start up Vanilla Crysis Wars and join a server. Nothing more really, then you can start MWLL without issues.
12th Vegan Rangers - Missile spam is the best kind of spam!

Offline MWIggy

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 02:25:50 PM »
OK, did that and still failing... i can connect to ANY crisis wars server that i find out there but NONE of the MWLL servers.  Server Authentication Failed (3).

So disappointed...  loved MW...  but i can't bang my head against a wall forever.  EA and their anti-pirate efforts kill their products on the PC.  Too bad this isn't on XBOX 360, i'd pay $60 for it on that!  LOL.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • my little pwny
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 02:41:01 PM »
Make sure your CD key is correctly entered into the Windows Registry.