Author Topic: Error when attempting to launch MWLL  (Read 2874 times)

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
Error when attempting to launch MWLL
« on: October 01, 2011, 06:15:59 AM »
I am running Windows 7 Pro, Service Pack 1, and with a 3.4 ghz quad core, 8GB RAM, Radeon 6950 2GB Graphics card.

I receive the following error when I click on "Launch MWLL":

Launch Error

An error has occured while starting MWLL: the system cannot find the file specified

I used the auto downloader to download each section, and then allowed it to install per the actual installer.

I have previously run MWLL on my Windows XP Pro system with no hitches.
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
Re: Error when attempting to launch MWLL
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 02:54:18 PM »
Do you have the MWLL.Launcher.exe in your mwll folder?
What do you mean with your install process? You should have run the setup from mwlldownload.com, then run the updater until no more updates can be found - it will install them as well.
<Insert cool content here>

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 03:15:45 PM »
Do you have the MWLL.Launcher.exe in your mwll folder?
What do you mean with your install process? You should have run the setup from mwlldownload.com, then run the updater until no more updates can be found - it will install them as well.

I have the MWLL.Launcher.exe in my mwll folder.

I allowed the auto updater to update all my files.

I just now reinstalled mwll, and still received the same error message.
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »
So you mean the "launch mwll" button in the launcher.
Is the mwll folder in the correct location (YourWarsDirectory\mods\mwll)?
Can you start it manually?  Test by creating a shortcut to YourWarsDirectory\bin64\crysis.exe and change the target line in it's properties to:
YourWarsDirectory\bin64\crysis.exe -mod MWLL -dx9
<Insert cool content here>

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:26:20 AM »
I don't have a bin64 folder located in the crysis wars folder.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 04:37:08 AM »
Doesn't the 1.5 Wars Patch add a Bin64 folder to the Wars install?

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 06:11:12 AM »
my temporary fix is to use 32 bit mwll.

I suppose I should have said, I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 03:25:23 PM »
Try and reinstall the Crysis Wars Patch 1.5. Its only via the patch that the client can obtain the 64 bit elements, which was introduced in Patch 1.1.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline RedRonin

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 07:30:59 AM »
Im getting this same thing now, and if i run in 32 bit works fine but not in 64?