Author Topic: Battle Tech novels  (Read 9532 times)

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
Re: Battle Tech novels
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2012, 06:52:15 AM »
You'll have to forgive my excitement about this subject, its one ive long been deeply entrenched in

Ive been following gravity probe B since before its launch.

This also means that light traveling in the direction of rotation of the object will move past the massive object faster than light moving against the rotation, as seen by a distant observer. It is now the best-known effect, partly thanks to the Gravity Probe B experiment.

This is a fascinating facet of data, isnt it ?

Imagine a guy with a very strong arm, he holds the record for batting a pingpong ball at high speed, his record for the fastest ping pong ball return is 60 miles an hour, lets call this the speed of light.
But put this guy on a bus traveling at 100 mph, and have him bat a PP ball down the isle, the ball is now going 160 mph, relative to a stationary observer.

This is what frame dragging gives us

The speed of light plus...... plus the speed of the bubble of spacetime it resides within.

Thus its theoretically possible to drag a bubble or frame of spacetime faster than the speed of light, while within than bubble or frame of spacetime the laws of physics remain unbroken.

FTL travel is therfore not only possible, but imo will eventually be practical as well, are we talking massive amounts of energy ? yes we are. but its all relative and scale plays a part.
The earth isnt the largest body in our local system, but it drags a frame or bubble of spacetime with it.
If we could generate a similar gravity field, but apply it to a smaller bubble......

Never underestimate mankinds ability, never say never

In my world, the sky is by no means the limit
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2012, 07:18:09 AM »
You'll have to forgive my excitement about this subject, its one ive long been deeply entrenched in

Same here man, it's amazing stuff. Why are we on the same page so much, this is excellent.

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2012, 07:24:59 AM »

Same here man, it's amazing stuff. Why are we on the same page so much, this is excellent.

Because were Bros, Bro

It is uncanny though isnt it.

I just know we would have a blast down the local over a few pints
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline Kelmola

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-1
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »
So I started reading all the novels from the beginning (from the time when 'Mechs still regularly did somersaults and other ninja moves wholly inappropriate for hueg warmachines). It seems that we have been unfair when it comes to bashing Far Country, which is of course the right thing to do, but bashing that alone is the key.

Because The Sword and the Dagger has sapient aliens as well, sort of. And to add insult to the injury, they're shameless Ewok rip-offs.