Author Topic: BattleTech Motivational posters  (Read 25398 times)

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +40/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar's Loremaster
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
Re: BattleTech Motivational posters
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2011, 03:59:43 PM »
I'd rather be in that Overlord in the background. In comparison with the size of it and the laser it fires it looks like it probably has a Naval Laser of some sort.

Actually that is a catalyst interpretation of Tukayyid, the ship in the background is in fact an Overlord-C which means the weapon on the swivel turret should be one of two UAC20s...have fun out there kids!
Wut? I see a Blitzkrieg down there, that thing was developed 10 or so years after Tukayyid... and is Lyran only tech, so there would be none amongst comstar.  ::)
Actually you are correct, I believe that is the WOB invasion of Tharkad, though I am not familiar with much after 3067 in the catalyst timeline I do believe the Wolves helped the Lyrans...which means the blitzkreig is still ok to be there as it is actually painted in Lyran colors. If you notice the side that has wolf mechs also has lyran mechs, against the WOB. But regardless of my oversight there, my comment about the dropship stands, and I know it is correct 8)

fixed that for you

Ah so there was another invasion of Tukayyid... didn't know that. When someone mentions that planet it makes me think of Comstar beating the stuffing out of clanners, not some wobbie crap going on  :P

Now that you mention that it makes sense  ;D

That was Tharkad...though I believe Catalyst did say there was a second battle of Tukayyid.

In short in matters battle armor, aerospace and omnimech
I am the very model of a rabid fan of Battletech
-Aposiopesis-
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Smoke_Jaguars/  

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »
I'd rather be in that Overlord in the background. In comparison with the size of it and the laser it fires it looks like it probably has a Naval Laser of some sort.

Actually that is a catalyst interpretation of Tukayyid, the ship in the background is in fact an Overlord-C which means the weapon on the swivel turret should be one of two UAC20s...have fun out there kids!
Wut? I see a Blitzkrieg down there, that thing was developed 10 or so years after Tukayyid... and is Lyran only tech, so there would be none amongst comstar.  ::)
Actually you are correct, I believe that is the WOB invasion of Tharkad, though I am not familiar with much after 3067 in the catalyst timeline I do believe the Wolves helped the Lyrans...which means the blitzkreig is still ok to be there as it is actually painted in Lyran colors. If you notice the side that has wolf mechs also has lyran mechs, against the WOB. But regardless of my oversight there, my comment about the dropship stands, and I know it is correct 8)

fixed that for you

Ah so there was another invasion of Tukayyid... didn't know that. When someone mentions that planet it makes me think of Comstar beating the stuffing out of clanners, not some wobbie crap going on  :P

Now that you mention that it makes sense  ;D

That was Tharkad...though I believe Catalyst did say there was a second battle of Tukayyid.

Well apparently in 3073 according to sarna Ghost Bear Dominion owns Tukayyid.. I cannot find comments on the battle or when it changed hands

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +40/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar's Loremaster
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2011, 04:28:28 PM »
GAH it is so convoluted!!! Saran is pretty much run over with catalyst stuff now as I know that Catalyst has some of their staff re do articles with their retcon of stuff, soon enough the whole thing will be unreliable for me rather than just certain areas.

In short in matters battle armor, aerospace and omnimech
I am the very model of a rabid fan of Battletech
-Aposiopesis-
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Smoke_Jaguars/  

Offline Cravitus

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-1
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2011, 09:21:25 AM »
I finally get back on... and reply to this....
With some stuff.

[attachment deleted by admin]
What does THIS button do?

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2011, 09:58:17 AM »
@CrazedAve: those are not 'motivational posters'.

Offline «Çߧ» Trooper_Thorn

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-7
  • Galaxy Commander, Iota Galaxy, Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2011, 02:07:18 PM »

This is a motivational/recruiting poster.

Νέμεσις
"Let our enemies learn the true meaning of Nemesis!"

Offline Cravitus

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-1
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 03:27:45 AM »
I know, but they're both pretty cool.
What does THIS button do?

Offline Flyingdebris

• Bushy B is my homeboy
  • MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +135/-0
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »

i have to say....from the thumbnail it looked like someone painted up that hellbringer like starscream
Wherever mechs are needed, I am there

Offline «Çߧ» Trooper_Thorn

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-7
  • Galaxy Commander, Iota Galaxy, Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2011, 12:18:30 PM »

i have to say....from the thumbnail it looked like someone painted up that hellbringer like starscream

Those are CBS Omega Galaxy unit colors, The Blood Keshik is solid Red and another of our units is black and red and Iota is Tan, black, burnt orange and gold (see my sig and attached workup photo)

Νέμεσις
"Let our enemies learn the true meaning of Nemesis!"