Author Topic: War of Reavening - WHAT THE fapp?  (Read 22116 times)

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
Re: War of Reavening - WHAT THE fapp?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 11:47:59 PM »
That's cool, I didn't really want too know the answer....
ah, sorry, i completely overread your question . .
basically, several of the home world clans have decided to become IS clans completely . .
wolves, snow ravens, and one or two others i keep forgetting about . .

Falcons perhaps? :)
no, i think they actually kept their home world assets . . but i am not sure about this right now <.<
i'm at page 61/63 of 258 of the pdf . .
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Errodien Ward

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +56/-0
  • Delicious...
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 04:03:35 AM »
Clan Wolf, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Hells Horses, Clan Snow Raven, and Clan Diamond Shark all cut off any contact with the Homeworlds.

Clan Wolf went as far as to destroy the Kerensky blood Chapel (Where they house the DNA) to keep it out of the hands of the Homeworld Clans. (They still have the DNA samples FYI)

Maschinengeist

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2011, 08:04:41 AM »
At this time, the Hell's Horses also began to work very closely with the Wolves in Exile; they began making not only an alliance of sorts, but projects on the side, a couple examples of which are the Cygnus and Hellstar.

Also: hooray for having a sane Khan. \o/  James Cobb is the man.  It greatly saddens me to have never seen any novels involving the Horses under any leadership other than that of Malavai Fletcher...if you can call that leadership.

Offline Az

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-0
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2011, 04:18:58 PM »
Jayne Cobb is the man.

That's what I read. Then I pictured a (sane) Khan with a peruvian hat.

"Pretty cunning, don't you think?"

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2011, 04:28:40 PM »
I like how James Cobb goes personally iirc after Jake Kabrinski of CGB, takes him as a bondsman, teaches him the way of the horse i guess and Kabrinski ends up as CHH Khan? WTF?  First, Jake's sibko days would have been filled with anti-CHH thoughts as both Clans very much disliked each other due to the Tokasha Mech Works or whatever it was called.  He is shown to very much dislike CHH, and is a ristar in CGB. I am sorry, but I really find it hard to think that most bloodnamed CHH and CGB still had a feud.  Even with a might makes right I just find it VERY hard to believe all the bloodnamed in CHH are going to be fine with a once Ghost Bear as a khan.

Offline Errodien Ward

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • Delicious...
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2011, 08:35:36 PM »
It is the way of the Clans.

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2011, 11:17:58 PM »

You know, I understand that. It still does not work out to me.  The way of the clans is all and good, but I still see trouble with most of the older bloodnamed in CHH allowing a Ghost Bear as a Khan.

Offline Rakkis

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2011, 03:38:32 AM »
I thought it was pretty good. It gives you a better look at the homeworld clans. I suggest reading for yourself and make your on decision...unless your afraid your clan might have been annihilated...  :)
http://www.classicbattletech.com/index.php?action=products&mode=full&id=363

Offline Errodien Ward

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • Delicious...
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2011, 03:54:32 AM »

You know, I understand that. It still does not work out to me.  The way of the clans is all and good, but I still see trouble with most of the older bloodnamed in CHH allowing a Ghost Bear as a Khan.

Might makes Right.

The strong lead and the rest will follow. He has shown that he is both mentally and physically strong and capable of leading his clan.

Maschinengeist

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2011, 11:13:47 AM »

The Hell's Horses warriors have always been more laid-back than most Clansmen...some even say 'docile'.  In fact, freeborn, trueborn, solahma, etc. do not matter to the Hell's Horses in terms of respect; only dezgra receive their disgust/contempt.  CHH is very different from most Clans.

Is it odd?  Sure.  But it was rather odd that a freeborn IS mercenary became the Khan of Clan Wolf, then led what was left of it to live in the Inner Sphere...sharing a planet with a mercenary unit. :)

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 09:26:39 PM »
The Hell's Horses warriors have always been more laid-back than most Clansmen...some even say 'docile'.  In fact, freeborn, trueborn, solahma, etc. do not matter to the Hell's Horses in terms of respect; only dezgra receive their disgust/contempt.  CHH is very different from most Clans.

IIRC, CHH is also the only clan that shows any love for the unit types that the other clans resent.

Conventional infantrymen can become just as high ranking as elementals if they are skilled enough, and tank crewmen that show exeptional skills in their role can become just as famous and high ranking as skilled mechwarriors and aerojocks. No other clan would even allow that.

And they are also the only clan that considers those units as useful.

Clan Wolf, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Hells Horses, Clan Snow Raven, and Clan Diamond Shark all cut off any contact with the Homeworlds.

That is one of the few thing that I really like about the later timelines, especially the departure of clan snow raven. Too bad I don't really find many sources about that stuff.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:32:19 PM by DFDelta »
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2011, 09:53:07 PM »
The Source you want IS War of Reavening . . Because it's in there . .
Also, i have my suspicions, that this was basically just a reavening on warships from a certain somebody . .
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Errodien Ward

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • Delicious...
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 03:43:52 AM »
Ironically. no matter how crusader the IS clans are, they are going to get the brunt of a second Clan invasion from the Homeworld clans once they gather their strength.

Maschinengeist

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2011, 04:52:18 AM »

IIRC, CHH is also the only clan that shows any love for the unit types that the other clans resent.

Conventional infantrymen can become just as high ranking as elementals if they are skilled enough, and tank crewmen that show exeptional skills in their role can become just as famous and high ranking as skilled mechwarriors and aerojocks. No other clan would even allow that.

And they are also the only clan that considers those units as useful.

CHH is also far more willing to put out the cash for XL engines in vehicles than other Clans...there is a version of the Mars Assault Vehicle that is equipped with an XL engine, that is pretty much exclusive to CHH, for example.  Then there are the omnivehicles, the fact that the first Khan of the Clan was an infantryman (long before the Elemental genotype or armor ever came about), and the whole 'might before metal' thing.  It makes for a truly different Clan.

Mind you, every Clan has its own personality, traits, units, etc.; I always liked the Hell's Horses, Ghost Bears, and Goliath Scorpions the best.  The latter would make great characters if they ever made a Mass Effect-style RPG for Battletech, IMHO...searching for lost Star League relics. :)

Offline Darthvegeta800

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • "Honor and pride!"
    • Dark Space RPG
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 12:32:49 PM »
>_>; Ordered the sourcebook though i'm starting to suspect i may regret it. My favourite eras are Successor Wars, Clan Invasion and to the limit the post Invasion little civil war between Katrina and Victor. The Jihad made me frown, too many gadgets, too much a redo of 'big event +' (Clan Invasion not big enough syndrome) and after that we get the Dark Age sillyness With Jihad nearing the end, a sourcebook is scheduled post the final Jihad one to wrap up the Dark Age... and then? More gadgets, gizmo's and apocalyptic galactic warfare?
MAIN Battletech factions played:
- Clan Jade Falcon- Gamma Galaxy
- Draconis Combine - 5th Sword of Light
- Clan Ice Hellion - Alpha Galaxy